New comic strip kitty

Old November 30th 04, 10:14 PM
Bobcat

Default New comic strip kitty

Canadian cartoonist Lynn Johnston's hugely popular comic strip "For
Better or For Worse" has turned to owning a cat - or rather, being
owned by a cat. Elizabeth, the Patterson's daughter who's teaching in
a native school in Northern Ontario, has been persuaded to keep a
stray kitty. She resists until she finally relents and names it
Shiimsa ("little animal friend" in Ojibwa). Of course once a kitty is
named, the last barricade has fallen.

http://www.comics.com/comics/forbett...-20041129.html

Now in today's strip (Nov. 30), Elizabeth is introduced to the joys -
and jolts - of having your life taken over by a cat!

http://www.comics.com/comics/forbett...-20041130.html

Old November 30th 04, 11:18 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:14:14 -0500, "Bobcat"
yodeled:

Canadian cartoonist Lynn Johnston's hugely popular comic strip "For
Better or For Worse"

I cried when Farley died.

Theresa
Old November 30th 04, 11:31 PM

Bobcat wrote:

Canadian cartoonist Lynn Johnston's hugely popular comic strip "For
Better or For Worse" has turned to owning a cat - or rather, being
owned by a cat. Elizabeth, the Patterson's daughter who's teaching in
a native school in Northern Ontario, has been persuaded to keep a
stray kitty.

MG, when I first started reading this strip, Elizabeth hadn't even
been *born* yet!! (This is one cartoon where the characters age normally,
more or less in real time.)

http://www.comics.com/comics/forbett...-20041129.html
http://www.comics.com/comics/forbett...-20041130.html

These are great! I love the big silhouette of the cat head in the first
panel of the second strip, with Elizabeth sitting in the background typing
on her computer.

Joyce
Old December 1st 04, 07:35 AM
Melissa Houle

wrote in message
Bobcat wrote:

Canadian cartoonist Lynn Johnston's hugely popular comic strip "For
Better or For Worse" has turned to owning a cat - or rather, being
owned by a cat. Elizabeth, the Patterson's daughter who's teaching in
a native school in Northern Ontario, has been persuaded to keep a
stray kitty.

MG, when I first started reading this strip, Elizabeth hadn't even
been *born* yet!! (This is one cartoon where the characters age normally,
more or less in real time.)

http://www.comics.com/comics/forbett...-20041129.html
http://www.comics.com/comics/forbett...-20041130.html

These are great! I love the big silhouette of the cat head in the first
panel of the second strip, with Elizabeth sitting in the background typing
on her computer.

Joyce

I've read better for worse for years. I KNEW Elizabeth was done for the
minute her student brought her that kitten. =o)

Melissa

Old December 1st 04, 02:41 PM
Bobcat

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:14:14 -0500, "Bobcat"
yodeled:

Canadian cartoonist Lynn Johnston's hugely popular comic strip "For
Better or For Worse"

I cried when Farley died.
Theresa

So did thousands of people around the world in the many languages into
which FBOFW is translated. Over at the rec.arts.comics.strips
newsgroup there are lively ongoing debates about the Pattersons and
their critters, almost as if they were real.

Old December 2nd 04, 12:57 AM
Seanette Blaylock

Kreisleriana had some very interesting
things to say about New comic strip kitty:

I cried when Farley died.
So did thousands of people around the world in the many languages into
which FBOFW is translated. Over at the rec.arts.comics.strips
newsgroup there are lively ongoing debates about the Pattersons and
their critters, almost as if they were real.

I forget who Farley was. I have read the strip for a long time, but not
continuously.

He was the sheep dog.

BTW, the current dog, Edgar, is Farley's son. The smaller dog, Dixie,
belongs to Ellie's father.

Old December 2nd 04, 01:51 AM
James Horn

While visiting the Charles Shultz museum near here, the creator of "For
Better or Worse" was interviewed by our local paper. I was surprised to
read that she's planning on rolling up the strip within the next few
years. Seems she wants to end it as Peanuts did - while it's still doing
so well.

Jim Horn (haven't followed it but enjoy it when I see it)