OT Gas Was 2.88 today

Old October 9th 08, 04:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Default OT Gas Was 2.88 today

Sherry wrote:

Yesterday gas was $2.88 here, and some people got excited too; there
were
lines at the pump. This morning it was $2.39.

Sherry

There's one station here that's $2.99 (most others $3.45 and up). So
far below the norm that it prompted a news story on TV last night (3
different channels). Passed by it this morning and the line was huge.
Passed by it again tonight and the price is the same.

And darn it I filled up 3 vehicles last weekend at $3.45!

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old October 9th 08, 04:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K

Matthew kirjoitti:
We had gasoline in my area with no limit at $2.88 a gallon today. Strange
how this got a lot people excited. I had to wait 15 minutes in line. They
sold out in 1 1/2 hour. I was able to fill up my truck today and not go
over $100 it cost me $75 today saved $25 bucks

USD 2,88 a gallon with one US gallon at 3,7854 litres makes it EUR 0,556
a litre...about... We pay about EUR 1,39 a litre = USD 7,20 a gallon...
So enjoy those prices for me too!!

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old October 9th 08, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lorraine

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:28:33 -0700 (PDT), Sherry
wrote:

Yesterday gas was $2.88 here, and some people got excited too; there
were
lines at the pump. This morning it was $2.39.

And I was excited about $2.91 yesterday. I did notice on my way to work
tonight that the price on the turnpike had dropped which means others
will drop even more soon. Send some of that 2.39 north, would ya?

Lorraine
Old October 9th 08, 11:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

"Christine K" wrote in message
Matthew kirjoitti:
We had gasoline in my area with no limit at $2.88 a gallon today.
Strange how this got a lot people excited. I had to wait 15 minutes in
line. They sold out in 1 1/2 hour. I was able to fill up my truck today
and not go over $100 it cost me $75 today saved $25 bucks

USD 2,88 a gallon with one US gallon at 3,7854 litres makes it EUR 0,556 a
litre...about... We pay about EUR 1,39 a litre = USD 7,20 a gallon...
So enjoy those prices for me too!!

I'm paying about £1.23 a litre for diesel. That's roughly EUR1.55 a litre,
so that's even more per US gallon!
Certainly I have a little chuckle when our Stateside friends complain about
the price of fuel ;-)

Old October 9th 08, 11:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

Matthew kirjoitti:
We had gasoline in my area with no limit at $2.88 a gallon today.
Strange how this got a lot people excited. I had to wait 15 minutes in
line. They sold out in 1 1/2 hour. I was able to fill up my truck
today and not go over $100 it cost me $75 today saved $25 bucks

USD 2,88 a gallon with one US gallon at 3,7854 litres makes it EUR 0,556
a litre...about... We pay about EUR 1,39 a litre = USD 7,20 a gallon...
So enjoy those prices for me too!!

I'm paying about £1.23 a litre for diesel. That's roughly EUR1.55 a litre,
so that's even more per US gallon!
Certainly I have a little chuckle when our Stateside friends complain
about the price of fuel ;-)

The other thing is it costs me roughly £60 to fill the tank of my car. So
that's over $100...

Old October 9th 08, 12:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nanny[_4_]

I pay EUR 1.51 at the moment for 1 litre of gasoline, I think that's about $
2.25, here in Holland, and that's at a gas station where the price is ? 0,06
lower than the official gas price.

Nanny

"wafflycat" schreef in bericht

Old October 9th 08, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Oct 8, 7:56�pm, "Matthew" wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

On Oct 8, 4:19?pm, "Matthew" wrote:

We had gasoline in my area with no limit ?at $2.88 a gallon today.
?Strange
how this got a lot people excited. I had to wait 15 minutes in line. ?They
sold out in 1 1/2 hour. ?I was able to fill up my truck today and not go
over $100 ?it cost me $75 today ?saved $25 bucks

what am I going to do with it?

Go to a movie with candy and a bottle water and pay another $10 bucks for
popcorn

Go grab a gallon of milk, a few grocery items and some cat food treats

Go grab cat litter and cat food

Go grab a dinner at the local diner and have to leave a tip

What to do ?What to do?

Yesterday gas was $2.88 here, and some people got excited too; there
were
lines at the pump. This morning it was $2.39.

Sherry

Ok Sherry where do you live I need to bring the gas tanker truck to your
area �to fill up for a while ;-)- Hide quoted text -

Oklahoma. But we're an oil and gas state, so it's usually a few cents
lower than the national average here.
And that's why high gas prices (as horrible as they are for
everyone)...
there *is* a silver lining here. The courthouses have been crawling
with land men researching the books for the oil companies to
make royalty lease offers. Drilling and leasing always takes a sharp
upturn when gas prices spike.
And the local economy booms because of it.
One step forward and two steps back, as usual. :-)
I never imagined it would EVER take $45 to fill my little red car
though.

Sherry
Old October 9th 08, 02:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

"Sherry" wrote in message

I never imagined it would EVER take $45 to fill my little red car
though.

Sherry

It takes about sixty British pounds to fill the tank of my small blue car
(or husband's small red car...)

Old October 9th 08, 04:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Sherry" wrote in message

I never imagined it would EVER take $45 to fill my little red car
though.

Sherry

It takes about sixty British pounds to fill the tank of my small blue car
(or husband's small red car...)

Wow! That's what? About $180US? I guess we in the US have no business
b*tching about our soaring gas prices!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 9th 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Sherry" wrote in message

I never imagined it would EVER take $45 to fill my little red car
though.

Sherry

It takes about sixty British pounds to fill the tank of my small blue car
(or husband's small red car...)

Wow! That's what? About $180US? I guess we in the US have no business
b*tching about our soaring gas prices!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Nope, I was wrong - just Googled a $ to pound converter and got $103US.
Man, the pound has dropped a lot lately!

Hugs,

CatNipped

OT - Really down today CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 28 April 27th 08 10:24 PM
Too hot today Mark Edwards Cat anecdotes 33 March 15th 06 02:47 AM
TED Today... Mathew Kagis Cat anecdotes 3 March 7th 06 04:03 AM
Today Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 20 May 7th 05 01:04 PM
Today gracecat Cat anecdotes 52 October 13th 04 02:01 PM