rats and cat update

Old August 9th 09, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

Default rats and cat update

On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 17:55:38 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

snip
Oh, BTW, there's now a third rat in the cage - the cutest little
albino girl............. Don't have a name yet - Whitey, Pinky, nah
I'm leaning towards Binky

Stop NOW.
I completely agree that the cost of food etc is not an issue when deciding
on more pets,but the cost of TED is.

snip

I think I've reached the end of the population growth - at least for a
while. Binky fit right in with the other two. Hanna actually grooms
her, while still ignoring Blondie. Blondie and Binky groom each other,
and play together. Blondie now has another youngster to play with, and
the cats all like to watch the rat wrestling matches. They're all
sleeping in a big pile together right now.
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old August 9th 09, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message \

They're all
sleeping in a big pile together right now.
--

Sounds like a pretty good indicator that you have a nice little
colony for now.

Jo

Old August 11th 09, 01:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Steve Touchstone wrote:
I think I've reached the end of the population growth - at least for a
while. Binky fit right in with the other two. Hanna actually grooms
her, while still ignoring Blondie. Blondie and Binky groom each other,
and play together. Blondie now has another youngster to play with, and
the cats all like to watch the rat wrestling matches. They're all
sleeping in a big pile together right now.

Binky sounds like the perfect addition to your rat family (if a bunch of
cats are a clowder, what is a bunch of rats called?). When are we going
to see pictures of Blondie and Binky (or did I miss them)?

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old August 11th 09, 05:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
moonglow minnow[_2_]

Marina wrote:
Steve Touchstone wrote:
I think I've reached the end of the population growth - at least for a
while. Binky fit right in with the other two. Hanna actually grooms
her, while still ignoring Blondie. Blondie and Binky groom each other,
and play together. Blondie now has another youngster to play with, and
the cats all like to watch the rat wrestling matches. They're all
sleeping in a big pile together right now.

Binky sounds like the perfect addition to your rat family (if a bunch of
cats are a clowder, what is a bunch of rats called?). When are we going
to see pictures of Blondie and Binky (or did I miss them)?

Yes, pictures! I know Pink-eyed whites are about as easy to photograph
as black cats, but your best attempts will be appreciated.

As far as a bunch of rats goes, IIRC, they're a mischief. Fitting, if
you've ever experienced a group of rats exploring their play space.

Maeve ^..^
--
http://moonglowminnow.wordpress.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/minnow/

rats snuggling up to a cat Jack Campin - bogus address Cat anecdotes 7 March 28th 09 06:51 PM
We haz rats jofirey Cat anecdotes 19 May 2nd 07 10:01 PM
Cats and rats :-) Petra Zinnen Cat anecdotes 6 July 17th 05 09:55 PM
We cort rats *again" !! Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 6 May 15th 05 10:47 PM
We caught rats! Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 13 May 3rd 05 12:56 AM