Spider

Old February 18th 15, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Spider

I am not fond of them.
Boyfie was asleep on my lap, suddenly woke and jumped
down. Some patting of the floor went on and then he chomped it. Good lad
;-)
He can hear everything including spiders walkng around.

I cannot tolerate large spiders, he can. He just puts his paw on them and
eats them. I try very hard to get them in a fluffy towel and throw them
outside. If I see them before he does. He's a good spider hunter.

Old February 18th 15, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mack A. Damia

On Wed, 18 Feb 2015 00:05:09 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I am not fond of them.
Boyfie was asleep on my lap, suddenly woke and jumped
down. Some patting of the floor went on and then he chomped it. Good lad
;-)
He can hear everything including spiders walkng around.

I cannot tolerate large spiders, he can. He just puts his paw on them and
eats them. I try very hard to get them in a fluffy towel and throw them
outside. If I see them before he does. He's a good spider hunter.

Spiders?

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/1044461/

Old February 18th 15, 05:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I am not fond of them.
Boyfie was asleep on my lap, suddenly woke and jumped
down. Some patting of the floor went on and then he chomped it. Good lad
;-)
He can hear everything including spiders walkng around.

I cannot tolerate large spiders, he can. He just puts his paw on them
and eats them. I try very hard to get them in a fluffy towel and throw
them outside. If I see them before he does. He's a good spider hunter.

What if it's a poisonous spider?

Sylvia

Old February 19th 15, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Sylvia M" wrote in message

What if it's a poisonous spider?

Sylvia

We don't have poisonous spiders in the UK. We do get these ones:
http://www.uksafari.com/housespiders.htm

which are harmless. Apparently they can bite if you pick them up..no chance
;-) They can get quite big and they give me the heebie-jeebies. Boyfie
might seem to be asleep but he will protect his meowmie from a big spider.
I didn't see it myself; he heard it. He has ears like a bat, I saw him
catch a mouse by sound only. KFC could do this too, although she left me on
my own re spiders.
I'm fine with moths, any kind of bug/beetle, snakes, worms, you name it.
It's just big spiders. I sometimes get them in the bath and then I gird my
loins and pick them up in a towel and flap it outside because I don't want
to kill them.
However if they march about my living room on the floor, it's a bad move.
Boyfriend the spider-killer is on to them!

Old February 19th 15, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:
I am not fond of them. Boyfie was asleep on my lap, suddenly woke and
jumped down. Some patting of the floor went on and then he chomped it.
Good lad ;-) He can hear everything including spiders walkng around.

I cannot tolerate large spiders, he can. He just puts his paw on them
and eats them. I try very hard to get them in a fluffy towel and throw
them outside. If I see them before he does. He's a good spider hunter.

Sweep (RB) used to ignore big spiders, you all know the story of the
enormous one that DH called me to sort out as he and Sweep watched as it
went under the sofa.

Remind me

Sophie was gentle with all creatures, a real nature lover.

Now surely..she was a cat, she must have caught something during her life?

Sootie .... she'll go after them if she's in the mood. That's Sootie.

Boyfie doesn't seem to have moods. He is unfailingly charming. Kitty
Farmcat certainly had moods, usually grumpy ones. She was like the nursery
rhyme "when she was good, she was very very good and when she was bad she
was horrid"
Probably like Spicey (and isn't that girl the luckiest in the world?)
Tweed

Old February 21st 15, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"The Other Guy" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 17:28:26 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Sylvia M" wrote in message

What if it's a poisonous spider?

Sylvia

We don't have poisonous spiders in the UK. We do get these ones:
http://www.uksafari.com/housespiders.htm

Quite a bit larger than the usual around here, but we do
have poisonous ones like the Black Widow and Brown Recluse here.

We ALSO have tarantulas, which can get quite large and scary,
though most are only slightly poisonous, and only cause irritation
if they bite you, but at least THEY can't easily hide where you
don't expect them, and are generally only found outside, and away
from humans.

We don't have anything too bad here. One venomous snake, never saw it ever.
Spiders -well, they aren't harmful but my brain says if they are big I'm
afraid of them. I know it's silly. I absolutely cannot do big spiders.
Luckily Boyfie can. Hear one, see one, eat it. Chomp.

Old February 23rd 15, 01:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Sat, 21 Feb 2015 18:13:12 -0800, The Other Guy
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Feb 2015 23:12:31 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

We don't have anything too bad here. One venomous snake, never saw it ever.
Spiders -well, they aren't harmful but my brain says if they are big I'm
afraid of them. I know it's silly. I absolutely cannot do big spiders.
Luckily Boyfie can. Hear one, see one, eat it. Chomp.

We DO have snakes here, and poisonous as well, like Rattlesnakes.

Had a cat, Nickodemus, who would find them, dispatch them,
and leave the heads for approval on the landlords porch.

He ALSO decided that the rabbits a neighbor left to run
wild when they were evicted were NOT to be tolerated, and
for several weeks, a carcass a day was found in the yard.
Which required Nick to carry them out of a canyon, thru
2 yards with a chain link fence, then across the street
and over ANOTHER fence. But he did it.

I don't think that it's ok to let rabbits run loose after they've been
pets. It's as bad as letting your always-indoor cat "free". They have
no idea what to do and are probably scared to death. Which likely
comes soon.

I understand that some folks just don't have the means to take care of
them, but then turn them into some organization so they get some care.
Old February 23rd 15, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

"Sylvia M" wrote in message

What if it's a poisonous spider?

Sylvia

We don't have poisonous spiders in the UK. We do get these ones:
http://www.uksafari.com/housespiders.htm

Quite a bit larger than the usual around here, but we do have
poisonous ones like the Black Widow and Brown Recluse here.

We ALSO have tarantulas, which can get quite large and scary, though
most are only slightly poisonous, and only cause irritation if they
bite you, but at least THEY can't easily hide where you don't expect
them, and are generally only found outside, and away from humans.

We don't have anything too bad here. One venomous snake, never saw it
ever. Spiders -well, they aren't harmful but my brain says if they are
big I'm afraid of them. I know it's silly. I absolutely cannot do big
spiders. Luckily Boyfie can. Hear one, see one, eat it. Chomp.

I have never seen an Adder either but I know there are some on Kinver Edge
a heath and woodland area a few miles away. No one in the UK has died from
an adder bite since 1975 and apparently only 14 deaths in the previous 100
years.

The only deadly spider native to the UK is the false widow spider. One
lady was bitten by one last year and later died but it was decided that
she died from bacteria from the spider rather than it's venom.

We are lucky to have the wildlife we have got.

Judith

I could risk myself by going to Bradgate Park when the red deer stags are
rutting. I don't because they get annoyed by anything and everything then
and it's possible to be killed by one if he's having a bad day.

Old February 24th 15, 03:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"The Other Guy" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 20:24:17 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I could risk myself by going to Bradgate Park when the red deer stags are
rutting. I don't because they get annoyed by anything and everything then
and it's possible to be killed by one if he's having a bad day.

Plenty of YouTube videos proving THAT.

so you've seen a stag being annoyed yourself?

AND with Bison, and many other large animals.

Not seen a Bison yet but apparently there are some he I ate a
bisonburger. Not impressed, unlikely to catch on.

Old February 25th 15, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Not seen a Bison yet but apparently there are some he I ate a
bisonburger. Not impressed, unlikely to catch on.

I ate a bison burger years ago. Actually, they called it "beefalo" -
seems it was a cross between some sort of bison or buffalo and beef. I
wasn't impressed, either.

Jill