My vet

Old October 3rd 08, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default My vet

It's a good thing I feel my vet is as good at caring for animals as she is
with dealing for people, because it would be very hard for me to ever leave
her.

A couple of days after I had to have Nanki-Poo PTS, I received a card from
my vet's office. Not only did both doctors and all the employees sign it,
each of them wrote a personal note on the card.

Today I took Lindy to the vet for lab work. She has to have periodic blood
tests to see if she needs a change in the dosage of her thyroid medication.
The doctor also examined her thoroughly.

Lindy seems to be in good shape, although she was a little dehydrated (she
always is), and has some calcified tartar on a couple of teeth. It wasn't
urgent to do anything with the teeth, so we won't do it now. They gave her
some fluid, and a leukemia shot they said was due. The doctor expects to
have the results of the blood test tomorrow morning, and she'll call me when
she gets them.
When I was paying the bill, Heather, the receptionist said, "This came for
you." She handed me a plastic bag containing a little plaque, similar to the
ones with kids' handprints. Around the edge are tiny mice, kittens and fish.
At the bottom it says, "Nankipoo", and in the middle is an impression of
Nanki's paw print.

Naturally, it made me cry.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old October 3rd 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Joy wrote:

When I was paying the bill, Heather, the receptionist said, "This came for
you." She handed me a plastic bag containing a little plaque, similar to the
ones with kids' handprints. Around the edge are tiny mice, kittens and fish.
At the bottom it says, "Nankipoo", and in the middle is an impression of
Nanki's paw print.

Naturally, it made me cry.

You mean, they made an impression of Nanki's paw print for you, just as
something nice to do? You didn't ask for it? That's amazing.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old October 3rd 08, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=[_2_]

"Joy"
It's a good thing I feel my vet is as good at caring for animals as she is
with dealing for people, because it would be very hard for me to ever
leave her.

A couple of days after I had to have Nanki-Poo PTS, I received a card from
my vet's office. Not only did both doctors and all the employees sign it,
each of them wrote a personal note on the card.

That was a very sweet, kind thing for them to do.

[...]

And it just made me cry, reading that. Bless their hearts.

Purrs lovingly sent for Lindy to be okay and a BIG HUG for you.
Love
Kyla

Old October 3rd 08, 09:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LesleyM via CatKB.com

Joy wrote:
It's a good thing I feel my vet is as good at caring for animals as she is
with dealing for people, because it would be very hard for me to ever leave
her.

She sounds wonderful!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 3rd 08, 11:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Joy wrote:
"Sam" wrote in message
diainc...
wrote:
Joy wrote:

When I was paying the bill, Heather, the receptionist said,
"This came for you." She handed me a plastic bag containing a
little plaque, similar to the ones with kids' handprints. Around
the edge are tiny mice, kittens and fish. At the bottom it says,
"Nankipoo", and in the middle is an impression of Nanki's paw
print. Naturally, it made me cry.

You mean, they made an impression of Nanki's paw print for you,
just as something nice to do? You didn't ask for it? That's amazing.

Not really. When our Smokey went to the Bridge last year, we got
the clay paw impressions, in individually-signed card from the vet,
and another signed by the entire office staff.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised - he (Smokey)was a sweetheart, after
all. Sam

It's the first time I've had anything like that happen. I've had to
send a lot of cats (and a dog or two) to the bridge, and the most
I've gotten from other vets was a card signed with the vet's name -
probably by the receptionist.

Joy

I think this is a wonderful thing! The only thing I ever did after my dog
Sampson went to the bridge was discover the owner of the vet clinic had
given (sold?) my address to a pharmaceutical marketing company.

Jill

Old October 3rd 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Joy wrote:
"Sam" wrote in message
diainc...
wrote:
Joy wrote:

[...]

Yes, it was wonderful. What was done to you was terrible!

Joy

Old October 7th 08, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

What a kind thing for your vet to do, Joy. I'm glad you have such a caring
vet to help you with Lindy.
Christine