Harri Roadcat vocalizations

Old March 29th 05, 10:17 PM
Dan M

Default Harri Roadcat vocalizations

I have been fascinated by Harri's vocalizations since she has been with
me. Just like Tabitha and Samuel, most of her sounds are squeaks and
"mrrrp"s. She does occasionally let out with a standard meow, but they
are fairly unpredictable as to when they'll show up.

She does have one very definite "meow" sound that she's starting to use
regularly. I call it her "Geronimo!" meow.

As I've mentioned before, she likes to ride in the overhead rack in my
truck. When she wants to come out the overhead she will sometimes jump
down onto the back of the passenger seat, but she prefers to jump down
on to my right shoulder. This can be a little bit tricky - we're in a
moving truck, usually bouncing somewhat down the roadway, so my shoulder
is a moving target. She therefore prefers to give me a warning that
she's coming so that I can have a hand available to grab her behind when
it plunks down on my shoulder. For the last couple of weeks, that
warning has been the "Geronimo!" meow. It's sort of a
"meow-owww-mrrrrp", and is followed immediately by a little orange ball
of fluff landing approximately on my shoulder.

Besides making the landings easier for her, it helps my nerves a lot.
There's nothing like driving along in the dark of the night or the wee
hours of the morning, lost in my thoughts, and all of a sudden WHUMP!,
there's a kitten on my shoulder. So I'm praising her effusively every
time she meows before she jumps.

Some day I want to record the sounds of all the kitties. They are just
*too* cute.
Old March 29th 05, 10:22 PM
Katz

I think Harri is just the perfect Road Kitty.

Katz

Old March 29th 05, 10:39 PM
Dan M

Katz wrote:

I think Harri is just the perfect Road Kitty.

Katz

So do I! And apparently so does she
Old March 30th 05, 01:14 AM
Takayuki

Dan M wrote:

Katz wrote:

I think Harri is just the perfect Road Kitty.

Katz

So do I! And apparently so does she

Harri is wonderful! Betty just hates car rides, so I can't have road
trip adventures with her. Harri has seen and experienced more than
other cats many times her age. When she becomes a house cat, the
other kits will never believe her stories.

Old March 30th 05, 05:23 AM
Sam Nash

Agreed.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe (who is terrified of cars, much less a
big growling truck)
oups.com...

Old March 30th 05, 05:22 PM
Christine Burel

This sounds sooo cute but aren't you a bit worried if she turns out to be a
big kitty and still wants to plunk down while you're driving?
Christine

Old March 30th 05, 08:15 PM
Denise VanDyke

Christine Burel wrote:
This sounds sooo cute but aren't you a bit worried if she turns out to be a
big kitty and still wants to plunk down while you're driving?
Christine

Maybe it's like the old thing where the cowboy lifts the calf every day
and then can lift it full grown. By the time Harri gets to be a
bigkitty, maybe Dan will be used to the gradual increase in kitty
landing on his shoulder.

- Denise Brennasmeowmy

Old March 31st 05, 01:18 PM
SuzQ

Dan, not only is Harri a great caompanion, she keeps you from being bored
;o)
Suz&Spicey