CAT-SPEAK..

Old February 1st 08, 07:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

Default CAT-SPEAK..

I was in a rather, um, pensive mood earlier, and went into the back bedroom,
I was thinking about this place and what people were going thru and all the
support and love that was given, and I was visiting people's sites with fun
Cat things, and I sat down in my rocking chair, it was dimly lit, the rain
was pounding on the roof, and one by one, the cats came in to see where
'MaHmmy' went...I was weeping, and they put a stop to that...Pipps started
asking me questions...really...call me a crazy old cat lady but I talk to my
cats and they talk back to me. We've had some deep conversations...yup
I have this daily ritual that I do to each Cat, I place my hand gently on
top of it's head and say 'little blessings on your head"...I've done that to
most of the 20 cats that have come and gone in our 31 years together
Sometimes, I'll talk to them in a 'tiny' voice..they love that..
and they love it when I call them by their names
Fuzz Face loves to give middle of the night speeches.
Anyhooooooo
just sharing my night with you...
Puuurs
Kyla

Old February 1st 08, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

This really is a special place, isn't it?

I talk to all the cats, but most of them don't talk back. The two red ones
(Sammy Redcat and Harri Roadcat) do, but not the others.

I can't leave the house without tracking down most of the cats and petting
them while them to "be happy, healthy, safe and comfy today". I absolutely
cannot leave the house without doing that!

Old February 1st 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

If you DIDN'T talk to your cats, then we would worry.

I fell on my backside today when shoveling the driveway. Nothing broken but
my dignity, there is a small factory across the street and the guys
applauded after a couple came over to see if I was ok. Pride comes after
the fall in this case!!!
. ..

Old February 1st 08, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

"Daniel Mahoney"
This really is a special place, isn't it?

Yes, yes it is

I talk to all the cats, but most of them don't talk back. The two red ones
(Sammy Redcat and Harri Roadcat) do, but not the others.

I can't leave the house without tracking down most of the cats and petting
them while them to "be happy, healthy, safe and comfy today". I absolutely
cannot leave the house without doing that!

Good for you
Meows
Kyla
Playing' fetch the pipecleaner' with Pipps

Old February 1st 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

"Granby"
If you DIDN'T talk to your cats, then we would worry.

LOL

I fell on my backside today when shoveling the driveway. Nothing broken
but my dignity, there is a small factory across the street and the guys
applauded after a couple came over to see if I was ok. Pride comes after
the fall in this case!!!

Brrrrr, well, try and gain your dignity back and keep warm
Meows
Kyla
. ..

Old February 2nd 08, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

wrote:

[...]

How wonderful it must have been, to have shared your life with 20 cats.

And how painful, too, as you have outlived many of them :-(

I didn't get my first cat until 1982, and in all that time, I've only
had 3 of them. But I count myself very fortunate, as they have been so
very wonderful.

Lucky, my most precious cat. She loved me above everything, even
herself, which is very rare for a cat. Fairly common for a dog, but not
for a cat. She was a tuxedo beauty, and went to the Bridge in 1999. I
mourn for her several times, each and every day of my life. Especially
when I can't sleep, which is almost every day.

Blizzard. My beautiful, all white kitty. She was not very smart, but she
was very, very friendly; to me at least. She had medium length fur, and
it was unbelievably soft. I used to spend so much time just petting her;
she was just so very, very nice to touch and hold. She lived for 18
years; a good long life. She went to the Bridge in 2001. How I miss her!

And now, I just have my sweet , beautiful calico cat, Kenzie. She talks
to me; but not all of the time. Not like a meezer. Only when she has
something important to say. We share my tiny little old run down house,
with it's 91 year old furnace. (It's very, very cold here in the winter,
and the furnace is about 45 years past it's life expectancy.) Kenzie has
an electrically heated bed i made for her. In the winter, she spends a
lot of time on it, because it's pretty cold in the house; about 62F.

She's just the most amazing cat in the world. She has never, ever,
gotten into mischief. I got her when she was 3 years old, and she was
already on her second set of humans. They over disciplined her. It took
me over 2 years to teach her that it was OK to get up on the sofa, or my
bed. But she still won't do it unless I'm there. Never. Ever. And she
just doesn't know how to play; I've tried to show her, but she really
needs another cat to teach her. But she hates all other cats. That is
one thing I cannot change. Kenzie will always be an only cat. So she has
one 'fault'. I have hundreds.

But she is sooo very, very sweet. She purrs when I call her name. She
purrs if I come into the room she's in. Even though I leave the closet
door open where her cat food is kept, and she knows it is there, because
she will run to the door and put her paws up on the door frame, asking
to be fed. Even when I come home late, and it is way past her supper
time, she has never even tried to tip over the bag to get some food. She
could easily tear the bag and eat as much as she wanted, but she never
has.

Every day is a treasure with Kenzie. I try to treat them that way. There
will only be so many, and then there won't ever be any more. I try not
to think about that.

And I talk to her, all of the time. Mostly, I tell her how pretty she
is, and how lucky I was to get her (it is a very long story) and how
much I love her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Old February 2nd 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

(Gandalf) wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

How you behave towards cats here below determines your status in
Heaven. - Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Kenzie sounds like one lucky cat.

Andy
Old February 3rd 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

"Gandalf"
[...]

Yes, yes it was...I loved each and every one of them..I've got a post in my
draft folder, I'm tyring to re-call all their names, and I've got 18 so far.
When I remember the other 2, I'll post htem all...

And how painful, too, as you have outlived many of them :-(

Oh yeah.....it still is..they weasle their way into your hearts, demanding
lots of attention and love, and then break your heart when they leave.
Mutt, the last oldest one was 19 years old,,, that's a long life for a
kitty and we gave him a good life, we've had a couple that were 15, 14 and
16g when they went to The Bridge,..I can tell you soriies, but not right
now...my knees are killing me and I can't think clearly.

I didn't get my first cat until 1982, and in all that time, I've only
had 3 of them. But I count myself very fortunate, as they have been so
very wonderful.

Lucky, my most precious cat. She loved me above everything, even
herself, which is very rare for a cat. Fairly common for a dog, but not
for a cat. She was a tuxedo beauty, and went to the Bridge in 1999. I
mourn for her several times, each and every day of my life. Especially
when I can't sleep, which is almost every day.

Awwwww HUG...I know, I know

Blizzard. My beautiful, all white kitty. She was not very smart, but she
was very, very friendly; to me at least. She had medium length fur, and
it was unbelievably soft. I used to spend so much time just petting her;
she was just so very, very nice to touch and hold. She lived for 18
years; a good long life. She went to the Bridge in 2001. How I miss her!

HUG

And now, I just have my sweet , beautiful calico cat, Kenzie. She talks
to me; but not all of the time. Not like a meezer. Only when she has
something important to say. We share my tiny little old run down house,
with it's 91 year old furnace. (It's very, very cold here in the winter,
and the furnace is about 45 years past it's life expectancy.) Kenzie has
an electrically heated bed i made for her. In the winter, she spends a
lot of time on it, because it's pretty cold in the house; about 62F.

That's what we keep our nitetme temp, but have to have it warmer because of
my creaky old bones

She's just the most amazing cat in the world. She has never, ever,
gotten into mischief. I got her when she was 3 years old, and she was
already on her second set of humans. They over disciplined her. It took
me over 2 years to teach her that it was OK to get up on the sofa, or my
bed. But she still won't do it unless I'm there. Never. Ever. And she
just doesn't know how to play; I've tried to show her, but she really
needs another cat to teach her. But she hates all other cats. That is
one thing I cannot change. Kenzie will always be an only cat. So she has
one 'fault'. I have hundreds.

Awwwwww, she sounds like a real sweetheart

But she is sooo very, very sweet. She purrs when I call her name. She
purrs if I come into the room she's in. Even though I leave the closet
door open where her cat food is kept, and she knows it is there, because
she will run to the door and put her paws up on the door frame, asking
to be fed. Even when I come home late, and it is way past her supper
time, she has never even tried to tip over the bag to get some food. She
could easily tear the bag and eat as much as she wanted, but she never
has.

LOL..silly kitty

Every day is a treasure with Kenzie. I try to treat them that way. There
will only be so many, and then there won't ever be any more. I try not
to think about that.

Yup, I know what you mean.....

And I talk to her, all of the time. Mostly, I tell her how pretty she
is, and how lucky I was to get her (it is a very long story) and how
much I love her.

That is soooo sweet...
I spend limited time with my 4 but I'm working on that...but it's quality
time
Thank you for sharing
PUUURs
Kyla

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old February 3rd 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

"Granby"
Wonderful story

Thanks...and so was Gandalf's reply...
IDK what's wrong with me, I just feel so.weepy today...
my knees hurt so bad, earlier I had to go take nome nasty narcoticc to help
with the pain, took a 3 hr nap, Mosey came in puuring to comforting me..I
just hate the intense pain, I'm NO good to anybody when I'm like this...and
I hate the meds!!! Sorry...don't mean to 'whine'.
never mind me...
I get my mind off it by looking at the websites here, alot of chuckles,
which I NEED..thanks so much for those
Do you like the kitty ascii by my name?
Today's isn''t in a good frame of mind.
Thanx for the listen
PURRS to ALL who need it..
from my heart, as well as blessing to you.
Kyla%b
--Fuzz-face, Pookie, Sqweex, and Pipps

"Gandalf"