PING Pat: You've ruined my life :)

Old July 9th 08, 10:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default PING Pat: You've ruined my life :)

My highest score so far in "Collapse" is about 129K. Nothing compared
to yours, but I'm catching on. You're right, it's more exciting than
Bubbels, in the same way that a heart attack is more exciting than a
stroll in the park. I can feel a real game addiction coming on!

I'm trying to figure out how to keep a copy on my hard drive so I don't
have to play it over the net. Otherwise, the IT folks at my job are
going to notice a whole lot of requests from my machine to Yahoo.
I posted about this problem in a different thread - still haven't
figured it out. Does it really require new hardware to solve the problem??

So I'm just posting to say that this is ALL YOUR FAULT. Congratulations -
you are now officially in the same league as Bev.

(In case you can't tell, I really like the game!)

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 9th 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

wrote
| My highest score so far in "Collapse" is about 129K. Nothing compared
| to yours, but I'm catching on. You're right, it's more exciting than
| Bubbels, in the same way that a heart attack is more exciting than a
| stroll in the park. I can feel a real game addiction coming on!
|
| I'm trying to figure out how to keep a copy on my hard drive so I don't
| have to play it over the net. Otherwise, the IT folks at my job are
| going to notice a whole lot of requests from my machine to Yahoo.
| I posted about this problem in a different thread - still haven't
| figured it out. Does it really require new hardware to solve the problem??
|
| So I'm just posting to say that this is ALL YOUR FAULT.
Congratulations -
| you are now officially in the same league as Bev.
|
| (In case you can't tell, I really like the game!)

LOL!! If you like it that much, there's a downloadable version that you can
eventually buy, I think it's only $20 and probably fits on a floppy disk....

Old July 9th 08, 02:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

wrote

| I'm trying to figure out how to keep a copy on my hard drive so I don't
| have to play it over the net. Otherwise, the IT folks at my job are
| going to notice a whole lot of requests from my machine to Yahoo.

I think it only pings once (to load the game) so just keep the page open
when not playing.

Old July 10th 08, 12:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

wrote in message
My highest score so far in "Collapse" is about 129K. Nothing
compared
to yours, but I'm catching on. You're right, it's more exciting
than
Bubbels, in the same way that a heart attack is more exciting
than a
stroll in the park. I can feel a real game addiction coming on!

185,217 and Level 9 is my best so far.

--
MatSav

Old July 10th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

MatSav matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot | com wrote:

wrote in message

My highest score so far in "Collapse" is about 129K. Nothing
compared to yours, but I'm catching on. You're right, it's more
exciting than Bubbels

185,217 and Level 9 is my best so far.

So what are the bombs for? I mean, I can see what they *do*, but from
what I can tell, they're freebies - you click the bomb, and a bunch of
the little colored boxes go away. (If it's a colored bomb, boxes having
that color go away, and if it's a black bomb, it just seems to erase
half the screen.) So I'm suspicious - games NEVER give away freebies!
What's the catch - do you pay some kind of penalty for using them? Is
it like buying a vowel?

Also, do either of you have strategy tips you'd like to share? I keep
finding myself with one or two rows of boxes on the screen, where there
are no groups of like-colors together having enough in the group to click
on, waiting for the next row to come up. That seems like a waste of
time - there must be a way to avoid that. (Hope that made sense!)

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 10th 08, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:

LOL!! If you like it that much, there's a downloadable version that
you can eventually buy, I think it's only $20 and probably fits on
a floppy disk....

Oh really? Is it exactly the same? And do you know who makes it?

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 10th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:

wrote

| I'm trying to figure out how to keep a copy on my hard drive so I don't
| have to play it over the net. Otherwise, the IT folks at my job are
| going to notice a whole lot of requests from my machine to Yahoo.

I think it only pings once (to load the game) so just keep the page open
when not playing.

Oh, duh - of course. That's why I've been rummaging through Temp Internet
Files and Cache folders trying to find (and COPY) the damn thing!!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 10th 08, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

wrote

| Pat wrote:
|
| LOL!! If you like it that much, there's a downloadable version that
| you can eventually buy, I think it's only $20 and probably fits on
| a floppy disk....
|
| Oh really? Is it exactly the same?

It's bigger and better.

| And do you know who makes it?

GameHouse. You can download it right on the webpage where you play online.

Old July 10th 08, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

wrote

| So what are the bombs for? I mean, I can see what they *do*, but from
| what I can tell, they're freebies - you click the bomb, and a bunch of
| the little colored boxes go away. (If it's a colored bomb, boxes having
| that color go away, and if it's a black bomb, it just seems to erase
| half the screen.) So I'm suspicious - games NEVER give away freebies!
| What's the catch - do you pay some kind of penalty for using them? Is
| it like buying a vowel?

They're really freebies!

| Also, do either of you have strategy tips you'd like to share? I keep
| finding myself with one or two rows of boxes on the screen, where there
| are no groups of like-colors together having enough in the group to click
| on, waiting for the next row to come up. That seems like a waste of
| time - there must be a way to avoid that. (Hope that made sense!)

When there is time to spare, I watch the upcoming row as it fills in and use
the time to plan the next moves.

the AIM of LIFE . abdo911 Cat health & behaviour 0 October 27th 07 05:14 PM
Life is GUD! Your Queen Cat anecdotes 2 February 19th 06 01:24 AM
Have I ruined this cat introduction? Brian Link Cat health & behaviour 8 July 12th 04 12:08 AM
Extra! Man bites dog! Cat saved! Pants ruined! Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 8 February 25th 04 03:37 AM
A Life John Kimmel Cat anecdotes 15 September 27th 03 06:56 AM