Nanki-Poo preliminary report

Old March 13th 08, 01:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Nanki-Poo preliminary report

I finally got Nanki-Poo to the vet about the lump on his jaw. He switched
routines today and spent the morning inside, going out about noon. I had
hopes of his coming back in before the 2:00 appointment time, but he wasn't
in by 1:30, and then the gardener arrived. I figured he'd lay low at the
neighbors' until the gardener left, so I called and cancelled the
appointment, asking if I could bring him in when I found him and wait for an
opening. At 2:00, while the gardener was working, he came in. I called the
vet's office and the receptionist said the vet had just started an
ultrasound, so it would be quite a wait. I decided to shut him in my bedroom
for half an hour, and then take him. We had to wait quite a while, but she
gave him a thorough examination when we did see her.

She said it's a lymph node, and the swelling could be caused by a number of
things, including infection or cancer. She also said his thyroid is enlarged
and he has some gingivitis. She took him in the back room and took blood and
urine, and aspirated the lymph node. She gave him a dose of worming
medication, with another dose to be given in two weeks. She also gave me an
antibiotic to give him twice a day. She said he was dehydrated so she also
gave him subcutaneous fluid. Cha-ching!

I'll post again when I get the results of the tests.

--
Joy

My mind is like a parachute...it functions only when open.

Old March 13th 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Joy wrote:

[...]

Did she aspirate in order to get a biopsy?

Purrs for it to be something minor!

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old March 13th 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote in message
Joy wrote:

[...]

Yes she did. Purrs are appreciated.

Joy

Old March 13th 08, 05:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Joy wrote:

I'll post again when I get the results of the tests.

Purrs that it's just an infection.

Old March 13th 08, 08:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

PURRS on the way from us
Kyla
--and Clowder

Old March 13th 08, 08:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Thank you, Kyla.

--
Joy

My mind is like a parachute...it functions only when open.

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
. ..
PURRS on the way from us
Kyla
--and Clowder

Old March 13th 08, 10:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Joy wrote:
[...]

Purrs that it's nothing serious.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old March 13th 08, 01:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Marina wrote:
Joy wrote:

I'll post again when I get the results of the tests.

Purrs that it's just an infection.

Ditto that!

Jill
Old March 13th 08, 01:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

I'll post again when I get the results of the tests.

We'll be purring that it's nothing serious, that it's easily treatable,
and the treatment is affordable.

Dan
Old March 13th 08, 03:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Mar 12, 8:59*pm, "Joy" wrote:
[...]

Purrs that he does well on the tests. I don't know what exactly is
making me optimistic but the combination of things _sounds_ like it's
an infection. Not that that's a great thing but it's better than some
others.

Will in New Haven

Joy

My mind is like a parachute...it functions only when open.

Nanki Poo David Stevenson Cat anecdotes 6 February 28th 08 05:33 AM
Nanki-Poo Yoj Cat anecdotes 15 August 31st 05 08:48 AM
Preliminary After-Action Report (AAR) from Patrol Tail 2 Howard C. Berkowitz Cat anecdotes 8 August 7th 05 01:35 AM
Nanki-Poo update Yoj Cat anecdotes 12 November 29th 04 11:22 PM
Nanki-Poo news Yoj Cat anecdotes 34 November 24th 04 12:24 AM