The little minx!

Old June 5th 05, 05:36 AM
Marina

Default The little minx!

Miranda will go to any lengths to get some hoomin food. She has
discovered that ice cream is quite an excellent kitty snack. The other
day, I was having some ice cream and she eagerly vied for a taste. She
tried repeatedly to stick her head into the bowl to help herself, but I
always pushed her away. Suddenly she jumped onto my shoulder and just as
I was bringing the spoon to my mouth, she stuck her head in front of my
face, mouth open to receive the spoonful of ice cream! She is absolutely
shameless! (She got to lick the bowl after I was finished, of course.)

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old June 5th 05, 06:43 AM
Singh

Oh, the naughty thing! We know about this "first ham," as that is the
preferred thieving target in this house. And a few months ago, Brandy
snatched a saltine from Louie's hand and chowed down. The kid's a carb
junkie.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old June 5th 05, 06:53 AM
Melissa Houle

Marina wrote in message
Miranda will go to any lengths to get some hoomin food. She has
discovered that ice cream is quite an excellent kitty snack. The other
day, I was having some ice cream and she eagerly vied for a taste. She
tried repeatedly to stick her head into the bowl to help herself, but I
always pushed her away. Suddenly she jumped onto my shoulder and just as
I was bringing the spoon to my mouth, she stuck her head in front of my
face, mouth open to receive the spoonful of ice cream! She is absolutely
shameless! (She got to lick the bowl after I was finished, of course.)

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.

One almost has to admire the sheer moxie of a cat that naughty. =o) Even
when we gasp with indignation at what they do! You're not the only person
who has to eat with one hand and push cats away with the other, if that
makes you feel better. =o) Isadora used to try to lap milk from my drinking
glasses. I never eat without an audience, and I think it's been years since
a crumb fell all the way to the floor.

Melissa

Old June 5th 05, 08:50 AM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 05:53:48 GMT, "Melissa Houle"
yodeled:

Marina wrote in message
[...]

Mimi (RB) always did, and Stinky always does, lick the milk off my
cereal. Depending what kind it is, Stinky will fish a bit of the
cereal out, and eat it too. He especially likes shredded wheat.

Theresa

Old June 9th 05, 05:58 AM
Marina

Melissa Houle wrote:

One almost has to admire the sheer moxie of a cat that naughty. =o) Even
when we gasp with indignation at what they do! You're not the only person
who has to eat with one hand and push cats away with the other, if that
makes you feel better. =o) Isadora used to try to lap milk from my drinking
glasses. I never eat without an audience, and I think it's been years since
a crumb fell all the way to the floor.

Since I'm a vegetarian, Frank and Nikki always pretty much ignored what
I ate, but Mir-Mir is always there with her nose in my food. She'll eat
anything, as long as it's not catfood. ;o) She eats potatoes, pasta with
tomato sauce, salads, apple, etc etc. I had a small tetrapack of juice
(apple-orange-passion fruit) that had been punctured in my bag. I left
it on the table for a minute, and she was immediately there and licking
the juice off it! Every cat I have ever known before hated all kinds of
citrus fruit, but this girl has to do everything differently.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old June 9th 05, 05:59 AM
Marina

Christine Burel wrote:

She's also very (!) smart, Marina -- be very afraid ;o)!

Yes, it's only just dawning on me that she may not be as 'blonde' as I
thought. I guess I'm the blonde of the family.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old June 9th 05, 12:15 PM
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
I ate, but Mir-Mir is always there with her nose in my food. She'll eat
anything, as long as it's not catfood. ;o) She eats potatoes, pasta with

She's certainly got interesting tastes... How do you ensure she gets
enough taurine?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 9th 05, 01:42 PM
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
Fortunately, she does eat raw meat, mostly beef, and when I can find it,
organic pork. Sometimes herrings. Her supplement pills also contain
taurine.

Taurine and Omega fatty acids seem to be the most delicate ingredients
of the raw food diet I'm trying. I haven't been able to find chicken
hearts, so I'm just using the taurine supplement. Apparently meat by
itself does not have enough? Not that it matters that much, since Basho
so far has not touched the raw food. Fez kinda likes it though...

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he