We need some family purrs :o(

Old January 29th 05, 04:51 PM
Gabey8

Default We need some family purrs :o(

I just found out that my ex-sister-in-law died in a house fire a few days
ago. ( She had divorced my husband's brother a few years ago. They have
two sons: one in his early 20s and one in high school. As far as I'm
concerned, the mother of my nephews is family no matter that she and my
brother-in-law are divorced.

I didn't know her well, as her estrangement from my brother-in-law had
begun prior to my meeting and marrying DH. But I'm saddened that someone
who was in her 50s, and should have had lots of years left, has passed
away. And I'm saddened for her family and for my two nephews who are
awfully young to lose their biological mother (

They said that she collapsed while trying to rescue her cats from the
burning house, and died of asphyxiation. It did cross my mind to wonder
how many cats that would be and whether any of them did, in fact, survive.
But I don't know the answer to either of those questions.

So please purr for comfort for her family, and for her to rest in peace.
And if any of her cats survived, may they be given good new homes. If not,
then may they cross the RB together with Linda.

Donna

Old January 29th 05, 05:05 PM
Christina Websell

"Gabey8" gabey8-@-aol-dot-com (formerly dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com) wrote
in message
lkaboutpets.com...
[...]

That is so sad, that she died trying to rescue her cats. I'm fairly sure
I'd go in to a burning house too to rescue Kitty FC & Boyfriend.
Rainbow bridge purrs for all who didn't survive. I'll light a candle.
Purrs for any survivors that they can get anothertruehome soon.
Purrs for Linda's family too, who mourn her. She was brave.

Tweed

Old January 29th 05, 05:11 PM
Melissa Houle

SNIP They said that she collapsed while trying to rescue her cats from
[...]

Very sad, indeed. Purrs to your family, especially for your nephews. I hope
most of the cats escaped, and those that did not did not have too difficult
a death. She was brave, indeed. I'd certainly try to grab my dear ones on my
way out the door. I don't know for sure that I'd have the courage to go back
into a burning house once I was out of it. I hope the surviving cats will
find loving, secure new homes. But they too will miss their brave human
mother.

Melissa

Old January 29th 05, 05:13 PM
O J

---------------------snip----------------------
So please purr for comfort for her family, and for her to rest in peace.
And if any of her cats survived, may they be given good new homes. If not,
then may they cross the RB together with Linda.

Six sets of purrs being sent.

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old January 29th 05, 05:17 PM
CatNipped

Purrs to you and your family. I'll light a candle to help create a peaceful
passage to the bridge for her and the kitties.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 29th 05, 05:17 PM
jmcquown

Christina Websell wrote:
"Gabey8" gabey8-@-aol-dot-com (formerly dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com)
wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
[...]

Purrs from here, too. I have a sticker on my front and back doors that says
"In case of fire, please rescue _ [you fill in the blank] cat(s)." The
firefighters at least have the flameproof gear and masks and such. But I
can understand the absolute desperation of trying to save our babies. I
should make up a sticker about my bird, too, although it would be far easier
to grab her cage on the way out the door than to try to trap Persia if she
was hiding under the bed.

Jill

Old January 29th 05, 05:40 PM
CatNipped

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"Gabey8" gabey8-@-aol-dot-com (formerly dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com)
wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
[...]

I made my own "Please save our cats" posters that I hung in various places
on the outside of my home. I put all the cats pictures on it. I saw a show
on Animal Planet where a couple were at work when their house burned down
and they lost all their d*gs in the fire. Since then I've been paranoid
about leaving my babies in the house alone. If there's a fire in my home
when I'm not here I want the firemen to know there's still someone inside
they need to rescue. I think I would not leave my house without my babies
in case of a fire, but you never know what you'll do in that situation.
This lady was very brave to have died trying to rescue her cats. I've heard
that people who die in a fire actually die from asphixiation rather than
from being burned - that's some comfort because asphixiation is a much
gentler death, just "going to sleep" rather than dying in pain (at least
that's what I've heard, and I'd rather not hear differently if I'm
mistaken).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Jill

Old January 29th 05, 06:02 PM
Tanada

Gabey8 wrote:

I just found out that my ex-sister-in-law died in a house fire a few days
ago. ( She had divorced my husband's brother a few years ago. They have
two sons: one in his early 20s and one in high school. As far as I'm
concerned, the mother of my nephews is family no matter that she and my
brother-in-law are divorced.

Purrs for everyone and healing thoughts and wishes for her young sons.

Pam, Rob, and the Fayetteville Five + Calvin, Sonya and Speedy the d-thing

Old January 29th 05, 06:46 PM
Marina

Gabey8 wrote:
So please purr for comfort for her family, and for her to rest in peace.
And if any of her cats survived, may they be given good new homes. If not,
then may they cross the RB together with Linda.

Lots of purrs for Linda, her cats and her family (including you, Donna).

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old January 29th 05, 06:47 PM
Gabey8

Thanks for the purrs and purr-ayers.

DH spoke to his brother. There were two cats, neither of which survived.
(

At least all three of them, my ex-sister-in-law and the cats, are at the
RB together. I hope they didn't suffer.

Donna