Da Crooze beginz!

Old February 12th 11, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs Lachatte

Default Da Crooze beginz!

It is just after dawn in New York City, and an
aqua '57 T-Bird wends its way from the Village to
the Upper West Side; there is little traffic at
this hour, most of it delivery vans and trucks. At
the wheel of the T-Bird is a petite,
cream-and-white Persian cat, bundled up against
the cold; the streets are lined with the icy, now
dirty remnants of the last few snow-storms. She
has scheduled a busy morning: meetings with all of
the various crew leaders of the ship; checking
provisions and supplies, meeting with Captain
LeGrand - and then hopefully, a nap before the
community arrives.

The T-Bird pulls into the 79th Street Boat Basin,
and Anaïs see's Cleo's yacht, the MV Purrbearer
anchored in the Hudson: it is too large a vessel
to dock in the Boat Basin and so ship's tenders
take cargo and passengers to the ship. The basin
is a hub of activity at this early hour: trucks
are unloading supplies for the community cruise,
and sailors from the Purrbearer are loading them
into tenders. A uniformed tuxie-cat greets Anaïs:
"Put your car in long-term parking, Ma'am?" She
nods in agreement, handing him a few toonas as a
tip, as a second tuxie takes her luggage to the
ship's tender waiting for her. Two sailors,
looking spiffy in their uniforms with "MV
Purrbearer" embroidered on them, greet her. "Meow,
Mme. Lachatte! Welcome back to the MV Purrbearer!"
They take her luggage, fire up the engine, and the
tender pulls into the river and heads to the ship.

The tender pulls up to the side of the yacht, as
it stairs are lowered; Anaïs climbs on board where
she is greeted by Stevenson, Cleo's major-domo.
"Welcome aboard, Mme. Anaïs! It is good to see you
again! I know that you wanted to meet with the
staff supervisors early, so I have gathered them
in the conference room for your meetings. I'll
have one of the stewards take your luggage to your
stateroom so we can get to business immediately."

Stevenson and Anaïs walk below-deck to the
mahogany paneled conference room, where around the
table are all of the yacht's crew supervisors: the
executive chef, head steward, the purser and so
on; Anaïs opens her briefcase, takes out her
laptop and settles into the business of preparing
for the event. Business-like, but cheerful
snatches of meowed conversations can be heard:
"Yes, the breton oysters are here, as well as the
Chesapeake blue-point. Lobsters from Maine are on
ice... Dungeness crabs too.... yes, ping-pong
balls in Ms. Pitoonya's stateroom.... the mirrored
stateroom for Ms. Sunrise, yes, yes... the large
snack-bar for Mr. Sundance... rolls of paper
towels and TP in Meowy's stateroom... a stateroom
with an office and computer for Ms. Trudi... yes,
the Chat Lunatique champagne is on board. Ah, and
the sushi-bar for Hiura-san? Yes, it is here..."
and so on until all of the details have been taken
care of. It is now noon, and Captain LeGrand comes
in as they are finishing up, and invites Anaïs to
lunch with him and the first-mate so they can plan
further details of the cruise.

After lunch, Anaïs, tired from a day of meetings,
goes to her stateroom and admires the view of the
NY skyline; she daydreams and she thinks of the
skyline of Paris and her college years - a skyline
quite different when she was a young girl-cat.
Tired, she draws the curtain, and curls up on a
soft silk cushion to take a nap before the
community arrives. She drifts off to sleep, and in
her reverie, feels a gentle grooming of her head
and a purr just like Tiger's. "I iz so proud of
you going on like dis, picking up and leading a
'venture, mine luff..." She awakens, so startled
that she has to get up and walk around the
stateroom to make certain that she is alone but
yes, the stateroom is empty and the door still
locked. She goes to lie down again, and notices a
large kitty-sized impression in the soft cushion,
right next to hers, and three forget-me-nots that
she knows weren't there before. She smiles, and
falls asleep again, contented.

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

2/11/2011 7:44:11 PM
Old February 12th 11, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

meanwhile, in the itti bitti kumpirtmint in Central IL there is much fussing
packing and general aktifitee...

Trudi: I haz efurithin paked fur mineself, anna mine duteez aza kruze
direktur... now to get deze here ofurcatz readee...

Barbi: I iz paked anna read, sinze we iz sharin a kabin i paked extra snakz
fur uses in kaze we needsa eatsa snak befure sum fudz arrifez...

OEJ I iz readee, I haz mine stuffz paked anna i wantsa rum near urz butted i
mite share wif stt ifin himz wantz so i duzint realee wantsa share wif
ursefz.

Storrmmee: well i iz of kurze gonna share wif mine husband kittee butted i
willz trafel wif ursefz beclawz he mite haf sherifin duteez dat will make
hizsef arrife later.

MH: calls hiz spekal furnd and sayz... Missy willz ursef mind meetin
minesef atta boat wif urown famblee? i needsa hep trudi mof herown stuffz? i
getted uses a sueet ifin ursef duzint think diz iz too furwurd?

Chester: onna catlite phone atta same time az MH inn anofur purt offa rum...
Loverlee lucy, ifin ursef duzint mind purleze meet minesef atta boat? Me
anna MH needsa hep Trudi mofz herown stuff I getted uses a nize rum

Then they pile every cat and every luggage into the porter and trudi sets
the porter to land where the boats can take alla dem and derown luggage to
the ship...

As trudi pushes da button, she thinkz to herownsef... Mine dear Tiger ursef
wuld be so prowd of yourown wink, I juzt hope sumcats can find sucha nize
relashunsip onna da venshure...

The porter pops owtta nothinness and the all pile out and begin unloadin da
porter waitin to see what dey shuld du nezt
"Mme. Anaïs Lachatte" wrote in message

[...]

"I love cats because I take pleasure in my home;
soul."
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

2/11/2011 7:44:11 PM

Old February 13th 11, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_8_]

"Storrmmee" wrote in message ...

[...]

Ahem. Meowy wud wike a dubbl dekk chayr weigh up on da flying brij
wif a wezzervayshun syne dat seighz "M&M".
Fangyu furry much.
MeOwy & Mosey

*porter twinkles* n parkz in da parkin lawt, n owt stepz Mosey, MeOwy, [Hoo
hab been winked fur lezz dam 4 munthz,] PookyQat, Sqweex, Pipps, BobQat n
Mimzy wiff ulawot uff luggug...
Ohhhhh wook at diz bootiful bote sez Mosey tew awl uff dem...kan wee git sum
hulp wiff owr lugguge pweeze? Da gurlcatz hab moar dan usses
mancats..waffz. We taked da bittiez Tygur n Mayzy bak tew Qat Izland tew
vizzit wiff dere liddle cuzzinz dere, [dey r unly 3 muntz ole gnow] n MeOwy
n ai wood wike tew spend sum qwalite tyme tewgeffer n hab fuhn wiff owr
frendz wiff owt wurringh ubaowt thu bitties] dey wyl joyne usses en Jamaica

Dey greet dere uther frendz hoo hab urrived...diz iz gunna bee sew mutch
fuhn yeUP
Kan sumune dirext usses tew owr stateroomz pleeze?
Mosey n MeOwy

Old February 13th 11, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs Lachatte

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 16:18:27 -0600, Storrmmee's
nimble, little paws typed:

The porter pops owtta nothinness and the all pile out and begin unloadin da
porter waitin to see what dey shuld du nezt

A group of uniformed sailors greet each new
arrival, and take them into the tenders; then head
out to the MV Purrbearer.

As they ascent the staires , they see a group of
ship's stewards at the top, clipboard in hand,
greeting each cat:

"Gud afternoon, maam, sir. Welcom to the MV
Purrbearer. Let me show you to your stateroom, and
when you are ready, there is a cold seafood buffet
set up in the small dining room -shrimpees,
oysterz an mussels, langostinos an a selekshun ob
nip an non-nip drinks. Pleeze help yourselves
while waiting for everycat to arrive!
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

2/12/2011 7:44:01 PM
Old February 13th 11, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Booker

Booker guidz Snowflake an Chappy out ov da porter an startz hawlin
soupcase after soupcase of stuf.

He yellz at Snowflake to help, cuz she waz da one insistin on takin da
kichen sink.But Snowflake haz successssfully manaaged to sneek away az
uzual. So Chappy reluktanly helpz unlod da porter.

Booker: Ize reqwested a small suite fur all free of us, I hopez dey haf
it valabile. Weze needz it fur all deze soupkases.

After da porter iz cleered, Snowflake saunterz up an fankz da boyz fur
takin kare of her soupcasez.

Dey ar all lukin forward to da shrimpiez, since meowmie nefer haz dem.

Old February 13th 11, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

"Booker" wrote

Booker guidz Snowflake an Chappy out ov da porter an startz hawlin
soupcase after soupcase of stuf.

He yellz at Snowflake to help, cuz she waz da one insistin on takin da
kichen sink.But Snowflake haz successssfully manaaged to sneek away az
uzual. So Chappy reluktanly helpz unlod da porter.

Cash-'pup' arrrives wif Aunti Mabel anna Daisy-chan. Dey sees Chappy anna
her Daisy-chan's own personal porters wag-tail anna helps Chappy.
Dez very happy wif dey little tuna fisshies tips!

'Thanks Chappy!' sez bof of dem, den dey goes back to Ms Daisy-chan who is
chatting wif Booker.

Booker: Ize reqwested a small suite fur all free of us, I hopez dey haf it
valabile. Weze needz it fur all deze soupkases.

Wez packed light dis trip onnacount of bringing lots of doggie noms
annacourse Ms Aunti Mabel's own INside puppy-pad dez gonna use.

After da porter iz cleered, Snowflake saunterz up an fankz da boyz fur
takin kare of her soupcasez.

Ms Aunti gives a wry grin butted she knows Snowflake doesn't see her behind
Cash, besidez, she anna Cash are busy now wif dere own and Daisy-chan's one
bag.

A group of uniformed sailors greet each new
arrival, and take them into the tenders; then head
out to the MV Purrbearer.

As they ascent the staires , they see a group of
ship's stewards at the top, clipboard in hand,
greeting each cat:

"Gud afternoon, maam's, sir. Welcom to the MV
Purrbearer. Let me show you to your stateroom, and
when you are ready, there is a cold seafood buffet
set up in the small dining room -shrimpees,
oysterz an mussels, langostinos an a selekshun ob
nip an non-nip drinks. Pleeze help yourselves
while waiting for everycat to arrive!

Daisy-Chan thank's them for herself and her 2 HC friends den settles in to
help unpack. It doesn't take long after dey shuffle the luxury litter pan
(ohh, NICE sez Daisy-chan!) and add in the puppy-INdoor-pad with it's soft
quilted liner, just right for sensitive discerning doggies uses. Not being
sure if the room would be stocked with more pads they had brought many but
to their suprise, they see under the sink a nice stash from the MV
Purrbearer crew!

'Wez leafing a nice tip fur dat fellow! 2 dehydrated ducky strips about
right Aunti?' sez Cash (who's not traveled in such luxury before and is very
happy now that he's been called an HC with Aunti).

'Yes dear, sez both Daisy-chan and Aunti Mabel' as Aunti Mabel whites a
short thank you note for the thoughtful cabin attendant and places 2 extra
ordinary noms on top.

'OH!' says Daisy-chan! 'Look, wez gotted a small kittahchen anna dez has
chilled well ground RMB fur you bof! Anna lookee dez got 3 crystal bowls
fur us'.

Looking up from her slurpings, Aunti say 'get a load of the INdoor
waterfall! I kin like drinking from dis!'. The others crowd around to
watch then take turns.

Aunti Mabel yawns then and says 'Time for my nap kids, you both go out anna
play and I'll be along later'. Her eyes widen as she sees the doggie ramp
to the bed is just right for her old hips and then settles in with a happy
sigh into the king sized memory foam bed.

Old February 13th 11, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Porter Cats[_2_]

Lucy boards the yacht and waits for Chester, eksited that they will
have a venture togethfur and see their old friends.
Old February 13th 11, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Feb 12, 5:18*pm, "Storrmmee" wrote:
[...]

;Shoor, I will meeted yoo dere. I will be lannin da red Jeep-fingy on
da helicapter dek ob da crooz ship. A suite? Dat is furry nise. I will
see yoo dare.

--
Missy

Old February 13th 11, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Booker

On 2/13/2011 7:38 AM, cshenk wrote:

Ms Aunti gives a wry grin butted she knows Snowflake doesn't see her
behind Cash, besidez, she anna Cash are busy now wif dere own and
Daisy-chan's one bag.

Booker startz laffin an finkz dis here trip iz gonna be fine.
Old February 13th 11, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

chester comes up from hepin trudi unpak her stuff and sees hisown wife
kittee,

Der ursef iz!!! I iz soso glad ursef iz here, Chester
"The Porter Cats" wrote in message
Lucy boards the yacht and waits for Chester, eksited that they will
have a venture togethfur and see their old friends.

Da ceremonie beginz... Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_4_] Cat community 2 May 8th 09 09:29 PM
Da DAnz beginz Granby Cat community 4 February 17th 08 08:21 PM
DA WEDWINK BEGINZ!!!! Mlle. Anaïs ^..^ Cat community 80 July 7th 05 07:25 AM
Da Roadtrip to da olympiks beginz! Mlle. Anaïs Cat community 99 August 26th 04 03:49 AM