Wish me Luck (OT)

Old October 1st 08, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Wish me Luck (OT)

My brother suddenly decided to blow into town for a few days; he'll be here
around 3PM. (I know why he thinks it's suddenly critical for him to be
here.) I could use some purrs for as unstressful a visit as possible.

Jill

Old October 1st 08, 05:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
My brother suddenly decided to blow into town for a few days; he'll be
here around 3PM. (I know why he thinks it's suddenly critical for him to
be here.) I could use some purrs for as unstressful a visit as possible.

Jill

Oy! Purrs for a peaceful visit.

--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Forever: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old October 1st 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez[_2_]

On Oct 1, 11:04*am, "jmcquown" wrote:
My brother suddenly decided to blow into town for a few days; he'll be here
around 3PM. *(I know why he thinks it's suddenly critical for him to be
here.) *I could use some purrs for as unstressful a visit as possible.

Lots of purrs to increase your patience.

Victor, who knows a thing or two about brothers that are hard to deal
with....
Old October 1st 08, 05:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

jmcquown wrote:
My brother suddenly decided to blow into town for a few days; he'll
be here around 3PM. (I know why he thinks it's suddenly critical for
him to be here.) I could use some purrs for as unstressful a visit
as possible.
Jill

Mega purrs on the way. Is this the brother that's caring for Peaches?
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old October 1st 08, 05:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Adrian wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
My brother suddenly decided to blow into town for a few days; he'll
be here around 3PM. (I know why he thinks it's suddenly critical for
him to be here.) I could use some purrs for as unstressful a visit
as possible.
Jill

Mega purrs on the way. Is this the brother that's caring for Peaches?

Yes. A mutual friend will be taking care of Peaches while he's here for a
few days.

Jill

Old October 1st 08, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
On Oct 1, 11:04 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
My brother suddenly decided to blow into town for a few days; he'll be
here
around 3PM. (I know why he thinks it's suddenly critical for him to be
here.) I could use some purrs for as unstressful a visit as possible.

Lots of purrs to increase your patience.

Victor, who knows a thing or two about brothers that are hard to deal
with....

I guess I'm lucky. No, I *know* I am. I'm very close to both my sister and
my brother. We live1,200 miles apart, but we each visit the other a couple
of times a year. I just returned from an extended visit with my sister.
She lives about 150 miles from my brother, and we had some great outings
together, and I'm looking forward to the next visit from him and my
sister-in-law. I'm even fortunate with my extended family. My aunt calls
every week, and she is one of my best friends. I get together for dinner
and visiting with her and "the seven female cousins" every summer when I
visit Ohio. I think the sun was shining on us when our family was
established!

MaryL

Old October 1st 08, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K

MaryL kirjoitti:

[...]

I also get along fine with my brother *now*, but you should have seen us
when we were kids... if someone had told me back then that I'd work
somewhere with my bro as boss, I'd said they must be totally mental!!
Now we're OK working together.

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old October 1st 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
My brother suddenly decided to blow into town for a few days; he'll be
here around 3PM. (I know why he thinks it's suddenly critical for him to
be here.) I could use some purrs for as unstressful a visit as possible.

Jill

Purrs are on the way.

Joy

Old October 1st 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

MaryL wrote:
[...]

Things change. My brother and I used to be very close. In fact, we were
roommates for a long time as young adults. We got along great.

Now he's convinced I'm trying to steal his inheritance. (Heh. Like Mom's a
friggin millionaire.) Me, I'm irritated because he hasn't been any help.
We had to change the date of Dad's funeral because it wasn't convenient for
him, for cryin' out loud! I've been trying to tell him for over a month Mom
had started rapidly declining. He doesn't believe me (doesn't want to
believe it, which I understand). He'll see for himself in an hour or so.

I'd planned to make a broccoli-cheese quiche because I know Mom will eat it.
Oh no, he's going to stop at the store and buy some shrimp or fish and do a
saute with penne pasta, fresh herbs, yada yada yada. Knock yourself out!
She won't eat it. (sigh)

Jill