Tweed (OT)

Old March 4th 13, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

Default Tweed (OT)

I was taking to someone about something non-cat related and I mentioned back in the 70's there was a huge multi-folder work that listed all the laws that were relevant to social services am I right it was called CANS?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old March 6th 13, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley" wrote in message
I was taking to someone about something non-cat related and I mentioned
back in the 70's there was a huge multi-folder work that listed all the
laws that were relevant to social services am I right it was called CANS?

Lesley

I'm afraid that was before my time. We worked from the 1990 legislation for
disabled and older people and the Children Act of 1989, superceded by the
2004 Act.
And I am happy to be home and let the others do it now :-)
I saw the way it was going. Reduced funding, encourage voluntary
redundancies and make people do more work when they are at their absolute
capacity.
Not for me. I was out.
Best thing I ever did, yes I've been living on my savings since 2010, but
it is still my preferred option. In 4 months I will get my government
pension and my bus pass. Sometimes you see something going on within your
workplace and decide to ship out.
I can't say it has been easy to live on next to nothing but no cats or
chickens have suffered, their meals arrive as normal.

Old March 6th 13, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

I saw the way it was going. Reduced funding, encourage voluntary
redundancies and make people do more work when they are at their absolute
capacity.
Not for me. I was out.
Best thing I ever did, yes I've been living on my savings since 2010, but
it is still my preferred option. In 4 months I will get my government
pension and my bus pass.

At long last! You made it through! You must be relieved that you will
soon not have to be so frugal.

I can't say it has been easy to live on next to nothing but no cats or
chickens have suffered, their meals arrive as normal.

And one cat has been very happy to have the human mom around almost 24x7.

--
Joyce

Something you'll never hear an 8-year-old say:

"Nana, will you spit on your hankie and wipe the gravy off my face?"
Old March 7th 13, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

I saw the way it was going. Reduced funding, encourage voluntary
redundancies and make people do more work when they are at their
absolute
capacity.
Not for me. I was out.
Best thing I ever did, yes I've been living on my savings since 2010,
but
it is still my preferred option. In 4 months I will get my government
pension and my bus pass.

At long last! You made it through! You must be relieved that you will
soon not have to be so frugal.

I can't say it has been easy to live on next to nothing but no cats or
chickens have suffered, their meals arrive as normal.

And one cat has been very happy to have the human mom around almost 24x7.

Yes, he loves it.
I always hated getting up at 6.30, so now i don't, but my brother John is
still wanting me to have *structure" like getting up early.
I said I didn't retire to get up early.
I go to bed around 1 or 2 a.m and get up about 9.
Ideally,but I am a bad sleeper - I might be awake all night (which is dire)

Old March 7th 13, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

I saw the way it was going. Reduced funding, encourage voluntary
redundancies and make people do more work when they are at their
absolute
capacity.
Not for me. I was out.
Best thing I ever did, yes I've been living on my savings since 2010,
but
it is still my preferred option. In 4 months I will get my government
pension and my bus pass.

At long last! You made it through! You must be relieved that you will
soon not have to be so frugal.

I can't say it has been easy to live on next to nothing but no cats or
chickens have suffered, their meals arrive as normal.

And one cat has been very happy to have the human mom around almost 24x7.

Ain't that just the truth. He is delighted by the idea that we can stay in
bed as long as we want and get up whenever. Although I get up to feed the
chickens, and he feels obliged to help. Help consists of accompanying me,
just in case there is "something" like a wolf or bear. As there is no
chance of that here he feels fine to help me,but he looks over his shoulder.
He has heard about dangerous animals on the internet.

Old March 8th 13, 01:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Thu, 07 Mar 2013 21:10:25 +0000 (GMT), Judith Latham
wrote:

In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

When I finally manage to retire I will get up early to see DH off to work
(He would be bored if he retired wouldn't he?) then have a nap in the
afternoon. I like an afternoon nap. But then again I could go back to bed
for an hour and have an afternoon nap. Sootie likes a lie in so I'd have
company.

Judith

I just turned 61 and am having serious thoughts about when I retire. I
think 3 more years but it's not set in stone. It will certainly mean
changes are in store for the cats since a move south is a big
possibility. It's snowing here now and I am sick of it.

Getting to sleep late would be nice.
Old March 8th 13, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"dgk" wrote in message
[...]

Go for it. I did. It's not easy but I managed.
Now I can decide if I would like to go to bed at 11 or 4.

Old March 9th 13, 01:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

I can't say it has been easy to live on next to nothing but no cats or
chickens have suffered, their meals arrive as normal.

And one cat has been very happy to have the human mom around almost 24x7.

Yes, he loves it.
I always hated getting up at 6.30, so now i don't, but my brother John is
still wanting me to have *structure" like getting up early.
I said I didn't retire to get up early.
I go to bed around 1 or 2 a.m and get up about 9.
Ideally,but I am a bad sleeper - I might be awake all night (which is dire)

If I can find a job I'll not mind getting up. I'm awake early anyway.
Persia tries to wake me at 6am; *sometimes* she lets me sleep until 7.
thank you, sweetie!

I am also a bad sleeper, have been for years. It was never a good day
at the office (for me or anyone else!) when I couldn't fall asleep until
3 or 4am and had to be at work at 7:00.

Jill
Old March 10th 13, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I feel your pain ;-) It's the reason I don't Boyfie sleep with me.
Also it is too cold to get up in the winter at stupid o clock when the temps
are still minus as my fire will be out.

Tweed

Where are you Tweed? Sharon & Smudgie Cat anecdotes 1 January 10th 13 11:04 AM
For Tweed Karen Cat anecdotes 10 January 6th 09 07:27 PM
For Tweed and Rob Marina Cat anecdotes 3 February 15th 07 11:48 AM
Tweed! Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 1 December 18th 05 05:20 AM
Tweed has had her op Debbie Wilson Cat anecdotes 12 May 18th 05 04:29 AM