PING MaryL (my cat's smelly ears)

Old February 18th 04, 05:06 AM
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

Default PING MaryL (my cat's smelly ears)

I googled my name and found your post from last month. I'm so sorry I
didn't reply, but I never got it (my news server sucks, which is why I
google my name every so often in case I miss something).

Anyhoo, Kitty's ears were just fine! My vet said she may be rubbing up
against something, or sleeping on something that has that cookie dough
scent. He didn't notice any smell at all in her ears, though, and he said
they were perfectly clean. I think he thinks I'm a hypochondriacal owner
(what's the adjectival form of hypochondriac?)

More on that...the day I took her to the vet one of her whiskers fell I out.
I picked it up and said, "Kitty, look. Your whisker fell out." She sniffed
it a bit and then she ate it before I could pull it away. I was shocked!
But the vet said it wouldn't harm her at all, and he laughed.

Last vet story...Kitty threw up, as usual, in the car on the way to the vet.
I cleaned it up when we got there, but then the receptionist noticed more at
the back of the carrying case so the vet cleaned that up and put in new
paper. As I was paying the bill, I heard Kitty scratching the paper, then
saw her sit and I said to the receptionist, "I hope she's not pooping in
there." Well, she did! So we took her to the back and cleaned that out,
too! It was very, very stinky! But at least both the upper and lower parts
of her digestive system would be clear for the ride home, right? Well they
weren't! She threw up *again* during the ride home! But at least she
didn't have much to throw up. Poor Kitty. She gets so carsick I just don't
know what to do for her. This time, I even Feliwayed her carrier, and I
tried covering it (for the ride there), then uncovering (for the ride back)
but nothing seems to work. Even Rescue Remedy failed miserably. Maybe
acupressure copper bands?

rona

Old February 18th 04, 08:48 AM
MaryL

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" wrote in message
I googled my name and found your post from last month. I'm so sorry I
didn't reply, but I never got it (my news server sucks, which is why I
google my name every so often in case I miss something).

Anyhoo, Kitty's ears were just fine! My vet said she may be rubbing up
against something, or sleeping on something that has that cookie dough
scent. He didn't notice any smell at all in her ears, though, and he said
they were perfectly clean. I think he thinks I'm a hypochondriacal owner
(what's the adjectival form of hypochondriac?)

rona

Thanks, Rona. My guess was ear mites, but it's good to hear there wasn't
any problem -- but what an unpleasant adventure you had in getting to and
from the vet.

MaryL

Old February 18th 04, 04:35 PM
Mary

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" wrote in message
I googled my name and found your post from last month. I'm so sorry

didn't reply, but I never got it (my news server sucks, which is why

google my name every so often in case I miss something).

Anyhoo, Kitty's ears were just fine! My vet said she may be rubbing

up
against something, or sleeping on something that has that cookie

dough
scent.

Have you ever seen the movie "Michael?" :-)

Old February 19th 04, 04:26 AM
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"Mary" wrote in message
. com...

Have you ever seen the movie "Michael?" :-)

Is that the one where John Travolta plays an angel? I saw it years ago, but
I don't remember much of it. Was there something about cookie dough in it?
He didn't roll himself in it, did he? (Yum!)

rona

Old February 19th 04, 04:27 PM
Mary

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" wrote in message

"Mary" wrote in message
. com...

Have you ever seen the movie "Michael?" :-)

Is that the one where John Travolta plays an angel? I saw it years

ago, but
I don't remember much of it. Was there something about cookie dough

in it?
He didn't roll himself in it, did he? (Yum!)

He SMELLED like cookies baking! Remember the scene where the women
flocked around him in the bar? And where the reporters entered the
house where he was, and asked if the old lady was baking something? I
suspect your dear cat may have been hanging out with archangels!!

Old February 20th 04, 05:04 PM
Mary

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" wrote

..

And she *is* an angel :-)! She really is a very good cat--probably

the most
well-behaved cat I've ever had. For example, she doesn't jump up on
counters or shelves, she very rarely meows so no midnight wake-up

calls, she
comes when I call her, she knows when she's in trouble (when I think

she's
in the basement I yell down, "Kitty! You'd better not be down

there!" and
she comes running up the stairs and then hides for a few minutes),

she's not
a picky eater, she loves being groomed, she only stares at me when

she wants
something (no nudging, no meowing), she rarely wakes me up too

early....:-)!
I just wanted to brag about my cat a bit...OK, a lot!

Her only faults--she loves food a little too much, she gets car sick

(not
her fault, of course), and...that's it!

Rona, isn't it amazing how very *polite* some animals are? That is the
only one-word way to describe Cheeky. Although she had some of the
habits of a wiley stray when we brought her home, if she wanted to get
away she used her considerable wirey strength to *wriggle* away and
never put her claws out. (Except when I bathed her, but everyone has
limits! And then she was just trying to get purchase in my sweater to
get out of the tub!)

Your girl sounds darling. And smells like cookies! What more could you
want? Maybe if she pooped hundred-dollar bills! LOL!