(OT) Hummingbirds

Old August 6th 09, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default (OT) Hummingbirds

I should have known all I had to do was post I haven't seen a hummingbird
all year when one would show up Persia was lounging on the back of the
sofa in the den, soaking up some rays. I looked up, there was a hummer
hovering around the window as if to ask, "where's my food?" Persia was
oblivious. She missed the perfect opportunity to chatter at a bird not two
feet away.

At any rate, I filled and hung the feeder again. I hung one out front, too.
And I made another batch of "nectar". Now watch... I won't see one again
for the rest of the year.

Meanwhile, some critter (squirrels or maybe racoons, or the big ravens that
come around sometimes) have been at the tiered solar copper fountain I have
on the back patio. Something tilted the bowl on the bottom of the tier away
from the large basin. When the sun shines on the solar panel the fountain
runs. I looked out. It was pouring water all over the patio instead of
back into the basin! I went out to correct it and found some of the shiny
pebbles I have in the bottom of the basin scattered around on the patio.
*Something* keeps messing with it I have yet to catch any critter doing
it, though, so I can't put up any wanted posters

Jill