Smoke Likes Her Stone

Old October 14th 05, 02:03 AM

Default Smoke Likes Her Stone

Our kitten, Smoke, has a few odd quirks, as I'm sure most kittens and
cats do. However, this one is truly weird. We have a flat stone,
which we picked up on the shore of Lake Ontario. Smoke goes over to
the stone and either rests her front paws on it, sits on it as though
she's trying to hatch it, or just cozies up next to it. She will race
into the room and go right for the stone. A touchstone? Who knows?

Does anyone have any insight into this weird behavior, or have stories
of similar weirdness?

Old October 14th 05, 02:15 AM
Cheryl

On Thu 13 Oct 2005 09:03:27p, wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav
roups.com):

Our kitten, Smoke, has a few odd quirks, as I'm sure most
kittens and cats do. However, this one is truly weird. We have
a flat stone, which we picked up on the shore of Lake Ontario.
Smoke goes over to the stone and either rests her front paws on
it, sits on it as though she's trying to hatch it, or just
cozies up next to it. She will race into the room and go right
for the stone. A touchstone? Who knows?

Does anyone have any insight into this weird behavior, or have
stories of similar weirdness?

My Bonnie (former feral) lays on the AC adapter of my laptop power
cord. I've always noticed that it's as if she's trying to hatch it.
One of my newest pair (Scarlett) is obsessed with water, and
whenever I either dump the water from the dehumidifier reservoir,
or dump and refill the water dish downstairs, she's right there to
watch the water go down the drain. Related to this odd behavior is
that every morning she knows I'll be doing this ritual, so she sits
on the washing machine, in the dark, waiting for me. The look on
her face as she stretches her face toward me when I reach in the
room to turn on the light always makes me laugh.

--
Cheryl
Old October 14th 05, 02:39 AM

It's called the philosopher's stone. You're very lucky that your cat is
into alchemy.

Old October 14th 05, 05:22 AM
Snittens

wrote in message
oups.com...
Our kitten, Smoke, has a few odd quirks, as I'm sure most kittens and
cats do. However, this one is truly weird. We have a flat stone,
which we picked up on the shore of Lake Ontario. Smoke goes over to
the stone and either rests her front paws on it, sits on it as though
she's trying to hatch it, or just cozies up next to it. She will race
into the room and go right for the stone. A touchstone? Who knows?

Does anyone have any insight into this weird behavior, or have stories
of similar weirdness?

My cat Dash (RB) used to hatch my pocketbook. We would joke that she's
going to get up and we'll see a bunch of change purses

-Kelly

Old October 14th 05, 05:31 AM
Karen

Old October 14th 05, 09:13 AM
IBen Getiner

Snittens wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Our kitten, Smoke, has a few odd quirks, as I'm sure most kittens and
cats do. However, this one is truly weird. We have a flat stone,
which we picked up on the shore of Lake Ontario. Smoke goes over to
the stone and either rests her front paws on it, sits on it as though
she's trying to hatch it, or just cozies up next to it. She will race
into the room and go right for the stone. A touchstone? Who knows?

Does anyone have any insight into this weird behavior, or have stories
of similar weirdness?

My cat Dash (RB) used to hatch my pocketbook. We would joke that she's
going to get up and we'll see a bunch of change purses

-Kelly

Nobody cares about your silly old cat. We were talking about frog's
kitty here.

IBen Getiner

..

'Hi there' !

http://lamicil2006.tripod.com/sitebu...13-lamisil.jpg

IBen said it... That settles it...!
10,100 pages of arch-conservatism as only IBen Getiner can spout it

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=...&lr=&ie=UTF-8&

Old October 14th 05, 12:02 PM

When my wife and I went to the pet store, there was a litter of
kittens, all but one gray. We had just had to put down one of our
older cats, and were feeling pretty miserable. Thus, the need for a
new cat. We picked up and held a few, and finally I picked us this
kitten that had the same look on her face as our recently deceased cat
had when my wife brought him outside to look around for the last time.
That look sealed the deal. She is all gray, except for a little bit of
white on her tummy. When I picked her up for the first time, I
exclaimed to my wife, "She's a little puff of smoke". Hence, her name.