Opposite of catnip?

Old April 20th 05, 12:19 AM

Oh, yeah, after I clean the bathroom (with a product that contains
bleach),
Rowan goes ape**** for my hands. I have to wash them really good or she
gets
all crazy and nibbles too hard.
Funny, though, she's the only one who is affected by it. The other two
don't
seem to notice.

My three cats LOVE bleach. I often wonder if it will dye their hair one
day, the amount of rolling they do after a floor mopping...

Old April 20th 05, 12:46 AM

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:51:18 -0400, Jeffrey Kaplan
wrote:

It is alleged that kaeli claimed:

; My recently adopted (about a month ago) 15 week old kitten has for the
; past two weeks been acting like she's high on catnip about half the
; time now.
;
; How so?

For no apparent reason, she'll just go wild. Running around the condo,
trying to climb me or just running up to me and giving my leg a "claw
hug" and then running away, attacking the bottom step, etc. All with a
wild look (eyes wide, pupils dilated, ears pulled up and back). And
usually when I'm either trying to work or I'm too achy or tired to play
with her.

This then also results in her not being in the mood to play when I'm
available to play with her.

I'm not a stranger to cats, but the last kitten I had was when I was a
child, some 25~30 years ago.

You just described the best part of owning a cat, to me.

pepsi
Old April 20th 05, 03:28 AM
Mathew Kagis

"Jeffrey Kaplan" wrote in message
teinc.com...
It is alleged that Mathew Kagis claimed:

; "The little creep gets around." (Officer Morishi, B5 "Convictions")
;
; Don't know about an 'anti' catnip, but I am curious about your B5

quote....
; Is it in reference to 'Bester'? The lovely cheif of the psy-cops?

Nope. B5's own terror bomber Robert Carlson. Season three, episode
two. http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/guide/046.html

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"I can't leave without an explanation. She'll be all over me." "It
looks to me like she's already all over you." (Capt. Sheridan and Cmdr.
Ivanova, B5 "Voices Of Authority")

Thanks... I LOVE B5!!!! Fab series.... With the exception of season 5.

'We live for the one, We die for the one' - Ranger Creed
'No, no... not the one' - Zathras
--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old April 20th 05, 04:35 AM
Jeffrey Kaplan

It is alleged that kaeli claimed:

; Can you adopt a friend for her of around the same age?

No, I don't think so. I thought of it, on the theory that they could
entertain each other, but I don't think I'd be able to keep up with two
cats.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"Focus on the First Ones, on the most ancient of ancients. Let the
path take you to them." (Draal, B5 "Voices Of Authority")
Old April 20th 05, 04:31 PM
kaeli

In article c.com,
enlightened us with...
It is alleged that kaeli claimed:

; Can you adopt a friend for her of around the same age?

No, I don't think so. I thought of it, on the theory that they could
entertain each other, but I don't think I'd be able to keep up with two
cats.

LOL
FWIW, I find it *easier* to keep up with two (I have 3, currently), since
they require less playtime with me. Actually, we don't play much at all. They
come to me for lovin' and petting and relaxing. They play with each other.
Sometimes I pull out the kitty wand thing they like to chase, but for the
most part they occupy themselves unless they want lap time.
They don't get into things overmuch, but I'm laid back (with the whole
climbing-on-stuff thing etc) and my home is cat-proofed for the most part, so
there's not much to keep up with, for me.
Then again, I rarely have kittens any more. The last one I adopted was an
adult, and I will probably continue to do that in the future, since kittens
find homes easier than adults.
I like to take the ones no one else wants. Jeffrey was a beat up mess when I
got him, and he's just the sweetest guy. He turned out lovely, too, after
some TLC. Isis was a feral kitten who has grown into a wonderful adult, and
Rowan, well, she's Rowan. LOL She has several recurring health problems,
but for the most part she's a wonderful character and she's actually my
favorite, even if she IS a bitch. *heh*

~kaeli~
Frisbeetarianism (n.), The belief that, when you die, your
soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck there.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Old April 20th 05, 05:19 PM
CatWoman

We call it the ****-dance in our house. Three of our five cats go poop,
then run around like crazy. It seems to make them extra energetic and a
little wild. I sometimes wish that could happen to humans )

Old April 20th 05, 06:41 PM
Mathew Kagis

"Jeffrey Kaplan" wrote in message
teinc.com...
It is alleged that kaeli claimed:

; Can you adopt a friend for her of around the same age?

No, I don't think so. I thought of it, on the theory that they could
entertain each other, but I don't think I'd be able to keep up with two
cats.

I'd tend to agree with kaeli, 2 is easier than one, in many ways. Of course
there's the adjustment period, which can be a little stresfull... But after
that, they do tend to keep eachother entertained, groom eachother etc....
Chablis was a lot less needy with me, once she accepted Muscat & decided he
could stay....

'No one listen to Zathras. Zathras have tragic life, probably have tragic
death too.... But, at least, is symetrey' - Zathras

--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat
En Vino Veritas

Why does catnip/catmint affect cats? sarah Cat health & behaviour 14 April 12th 05 04:55 AM
Catnip. The good stuff this time. Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 34 December 9th 04 01:43 AM
Catnip again Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 18 October 24th 04 09:16 PM
Catnip styles Dan M Cat anecdotes 20 February 8th 04 04:21 PM
Catnip effect? Chakolate Cat health & behaviour 14 October 15th 03 06:12 PM