Plans for Jellicle Ball 2016

Old September 22nd 16, 07:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

Default Plans for Jellicle Ball 2016

On Monday, September 19, 2016 at 10:49:03 AM UTC-7, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
Sundance an me likez Ginger Canyon (Sundance fingkz it must be named for orinj kittiez!), but the uther placez sownz gud, too.

We will, ub korse, need a master or mistress of serrymoniez. I haz had dat onner fur sefural yeerz. I iz willin to do it agin if nocat else wud like to do it. Maybe wun of owr yunger kitties wud like to lern whut iz needed, so dey kud take ober when dey is reddy. Whut duz yoo all fingk?

Rebecca

Rebecca, I *think* we now have our Host and Hostess (Snowball and myself) as well as our MC (Snowball). I am pretty sure he will meow YES, but still waiting for the conformation, but it looks promising.

Have we narrowed down *where* the Jellicle Ball will be held?? Have you heard from organizing committee about the theme for the 21st Annual Jellicle Ball??

Misty
Old September 22nd 16, 11:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Misty, pleez leev sum time to see if enneekittee else iz innerested -- espeshullee da uther kittee dat yoo iz volunteerin! I only menshuned dis 2 or 3 dayz ago, an many RPCC folks duznt get heer dat frekwently. I wud espeshully like to see if ennee more regular RPCC memfurz wud like da job. Also, if I rememfurz rite, yoo usually leev da JB erly, an it wud be nice if da MC/host/hostess kud stay until all kitteez is reddy to leev.

Besides dat, whut duz yoo meen "host an hostess". I duznt rememfur such a funkshun at da JB.

Rebecca
Old September 25th 16, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

Sundance an me likez Ginger Canyon (Sundance fingkz it must be named
for orinj kittiez!), but the uther placez sownz gud, too.

We will, ub korse, need a master or mistress of serrymoniez. I haz
had dat onner fur sefural yeerz. I iz willin to do it agin if nocat
else wud like to do it. Maybe wun of owr yunger kitties wud like to
lern whut iz needed, so dey kud take ober when dey is reddy. Whut duz
yoo all fingk?

Rebecca

Ginger canyon it is then.

I think I can understand the master of ceremonies and bring along a
reader, if that seems best. Let me know. Then, there will be 2 of us
left.

Carol

Old September 25th 16, 06:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

You can still do the reedin. Dat iz a difurent job from MC.

Rebecca
Old September 25th 16, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

You can still do the reedin. Dat iz a difurent job from MC.

Rebecca

Rebecca, please figure out what you want. Time grows short.

Old September 26th 16, 06:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
P2nya

On Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 10:25:31 PM UTC-7, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
You can still do the reedin. Dat iz a difurent job from MC.

Rebecca

Yu gize hab bin doink soo well keepin tingz flowin wyle I hab bin gone. Meowmee juzt gottid hur left paw outta uh kazt. BDW, Yu kin get mozt ov da naymz frum da walk of Rememfurance.
HTH
P2nya
Old September 27th 16, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Rebecca wrote:
You can still do the reedin. Dat iz a difurent job from MC.

Rebecca

Yu gize hab bin doink soo well keepin tingz flowin wyle I hab bin
gone. Meowmee juzt gottid hur left paw outta uh kazt. BDW, Yu kin
get mozt ov da naymz frum da walk of Rememfurance. HTH P2nya

Grin, I'm just waiting to see if folks have it all settled.

I don't mind if another wants to do any part of the ceremony (I can
pass all the details of how I did the part I did last year if another
wants to try that part).

As you'll see I sent my trio out to investigate the site that seemed to
generate the most interest (best I could tell). They are just poking
noses about so the site can change.

If we go with Ginger Canyon, then the boutique needs to be stocked with
lots of boots, tents, and other fantastical camping gear. Lots of
canopes with extra strong tie downs (and a crew to put them in, rented
workers from the local area is my guess).

I think we are a little late starting this year, but it will all work
out as it always does.

If someone wants to try, I saved the entire 370 messages from last year
and can go direct email to pass the text used. Each persion doing
which ever part, personalizes it their own way. There are only a few
'must do's for tradition'. You always bless Bast (we added a small
coda nod to Sirus as we had many dogs, but he is a minor player and I
think he was just a specially bright star looking down on it all). The
list of lost ones always has all the names less kittahs (they are in
fact, announced first). So I have the text of the MC and the others
ones where I read the lists.

Rebecca and I had fun last year pulling it together!

Carol