Emergency Contacts (rather morbid)

Old June 2nd 13, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

Default Emergency Contacts (rather morbid)

"Christina Websell" wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Sadly, there have been a number of posters I've "known" on Usenet who have
died over the years. If anything were to happen to you, would a friend or
family member know to notify long-time friends/posters on this newsgroup?
(Obviously it wouldn't be top priority.)

Just curious. I know when I was in the hospital in 2008 I called a Usenet
friend (for completely other reasons). She remembered I post here. So
she posted here and let everyone know what was up. Then again, I wasn't
dead so I was able to call her on the phone. If I died and was still able
to call her, well, that's a Twilight Zone episode!

I've been thinking I should add another card to my wallet. I already have
an "In Case of Emergency" contacts card. I should add a card "In Case of
Death *Also Notify* with a request for that person to please notify X
newsgroups. (Don't worry, I'm not asking for volunteers! Heh.)

Naturally this would be someone you'd want notified pretty quickly anyway.
It would also have to be someone who knows what the heck a newsgroup is.
LOL

Anyone ever think about this? (I'm feeling fine, BTW.)

Jill

Yes, I have thought about it because of my precarious health but the problem
here is that no UK ISP's provide Usenet access now and none of my family
ever discovered it.
The only way I could let you all know if I have gone is to instruct my
cousin Margi to e-mail Debbie W, I think she might still have her address
from when she was updating you from that "I nearly died experience" in 05.
Or if she is not here, maybe Adrian would be happy to be the bearer of the
news..and give me an address she can contact.

I've sorted out the care of Boyfie and my chickens if I die but I hadn't
thought about informing the group, although if Boyfie is still alive when I
pass to the RB, Debbie will know as she will have him.
He likes living here, but he will have an equally good life in Cornwall,
should the worst happen.

Tweed

PlusNet still provides usenet access and I think BT does too.
--
Hate the belief, love the believer.
Old June 3rd 13, 11:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

no UK ISP's provide Usenet access now
PlusNet still provides usenet access and I think BT does too.

And Demon (probably the most comprehensive Usenet support in the world).

Old June 3rd 13, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Jack Campin wrote:

no UK ISP's provide Usenet access now

PlusNet still provides usenet access and I think BT does too.

And Demon (probably the most comprehensive Usenet support in the world).

And of course - not just for Tweed, but for anyone - many of us also read
RPCA-FB (Facebook), so if a RL friend or family member sent a private
message to someone who is on the FB group, it could be posted there, and
by extension, here.

--
Joyce

What business is it of the state how consenting adults choose to pair
off, share expenses and eventually stop having sex with each other?
-- Bill Maher
Old June 4th 13, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message

PlusNet still provides usenet access and I think BT does too.
--

I never saw a button for newsgroups when my aunt had BT when I am on her
computer, she now has Virgin.

Plusnet should advertise it more. "We provide access to Usenet.."

Tweed

Old June 4th 13, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
no UK ISP's provide Usenet access now

PlusNet still provides usenet access and I think BT does too.

And Demon (probably the most comprehensive Usenet support in the world).

Yep, and the home of trolls. )