Weeble scares himself - again

Old June 23rd 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Weeble scares himself - again

I prefer to read lying on the bed (or sofa). When I do so, I'm usually
joined by several cats (Betty put me to sleep on Wednesday by curling up
between my knees and purring...zzzzzzz). Weeble has a particular way of
jumping up on the bed: I usually see his little head periscope up to check
things out before he hops up. It's so cute.

Yesterday, I was thoroughly engrossed in the book, Bam-Bam at the foot of
the bed near one corner, Tennessee at the foot at the other corner
(Tennessee's spot is prime real estate as that corner is near a window), and
I didn't se that adorable black face before he hopped up.

Big mistake on his part, as he landed right on top of Bam-Bam! Weebs shot
up into the air and across the bed (he must have scared Bam-Bam as well, as
his tail was puffed), only to land on Tennessee. He shot up into the air
again, and grabbed the curtains on his way down to the floor. I don't thing
the entire episode lasted more than a second!

Poor Weebs. He was trying to catch his breath on the floor near the foot of
the bed, and I wanted to console him. He was so spooked, he avoided me. I
finally got to him in the office (second bedroom) and picked him up. His
poor little heart was just racing! I cooed to him and carried him back to
the bed, lay down with him and held him on my chest/belly, giving him ear
skritchies and luvins, which is all he wanted in the first place.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old June 23rd 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

ROFL!! Oh man I can just see that.

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
[...]

former-blonde
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old June 23rd 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:24:07 -0400, "Magic Mood Jeep©"
yodeled:

[...]

Aww, poor Weebs! He is an outrageously cute little guy.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old June 23rd 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
Poor Weebs. He was trying to catch his breath on the floor near the
foot of the bed, and I wanted to console him. He was so spooked, he
avoided me. I finally got to him in the office (second bedroom) and
picked him up. His poor little heart was just racing! I cooed to
him and carried him back to the bed, lay down with him and held him
on my chest/belly, giving him ear skritchies and luvins, which is all
he wanted in the first place.

Awwww. Persia wishes she could snuggle next to her Weebs and offer him
calming purrs.

Jill

Old June 23rd 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
Poor Weebs. He was trying to catch his breath on the floor near the
foot of the bed, and I wanted to console him. He was so spooked, he
avoided me. I finally got to him in the office (second bedroom) and
picked him up. His poor little heart was just racing! I cooed to
him and carried him back to the bed, lay down with him and held him
on my chest/belly, giving him ear skritchies and luvins, which is all
he wanted in the first place.

Awwww. Persia wishes she could snuggle next to her Weebs and offer
him calming purrs.

Jill

In his dreams, she was right there! He was probably dreaming of her when he
decided to jump up there, and thus forgot to check first!

Weebs sends His Precious Persia massive amounts of headbutts and nose
kissies!

Old June 23rd 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
[...]

Great word picture MMJ. Poor Weebs. Some days *nothing* goes like you
expect!

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old July 1st 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"jmcquown" wrote
Persia wishes she could snuggle next to her Weebs and offer him
calming purrs.

That would be a treat to see, especially since you've said how Persia can't
stand other cats!