RB purrs for an unknown kitty

Old November 8th 05, 07:26 PM
kilikini

Default RB purrs for an unknown kitty

"Dan M" wrote in message
news
I left work the other evening and there was a kitten on the side of the
parking lot that had been hit. I just didn't have the heart to touch

it.
Apparently, I'm not as strong as you are, Dan. I saw it, my heart sank,

and
I had to walk past it. I thought about the poor thing the whole way

home.

kili

Don't feel too bad, kili. It's not easy to do. I don't know that I would
have stopped except that this poor guy was in the middle of the street and
had not been badly mutilated. As hard as it was to go back, it would have
been even worse had I left him there to deal with the traffic that would
be getting very heavy before long.

Now I have to deal with the image of that poor baby in my mind all day.
That's going to be rough. But it would even worse dealing with my own
feelings if I hadn't moved him.

Dan

This poor baby's head was mutiliated. It makes me almost wonder if some
sick, twisted jerk TRIED to do this on purpose. It was just a baby! Why,
why, why don't people spay and neuter their pets and take care of them? I
just don't understand.

kili

Old November 8th 05, 07:28 PM
Dan M

This poor baby's head was mutiliated. It makes me almost wonder if some
sick, twisted jerk TRIED to do this on purpose. It was just a baby! Why,
why, why don't people spay and neuter their pets and take care of them? I
just don't understand.

kili

Nor do I! I can't imagine how people don't spay and neuter their pets, and
how they can fail to love them and care for them.

Dan
Old November 8th 05, 07:50 PM

On 8 Nov 2005 16:40:19 GMT, wrote:

I make a 120 mile commute every day between home and
the office. I normally take one of two freeway routes,
depending on which freeways are congested. Today was
an expecially bad day - sig alerts on both of primary
routes. This meant that I had to drive about 1/3 of the
way on freeways, get off on surface streets through the
largely unincorporated areas of San Bernardino and
Riverside counties, then rejoin the freeway after the
congestion.

As I was driving down one of the main drags through
Jurupa, I saw a furry lump in the middle of the road.
I managed to avoid hitting it then found a spot where
I could safely make a U-turn and go back.

When I got there I found a very beautiful, very dead
large orange tabby cat. From the injuries he sustained
I could tell that he died instantly and painlessly. I
would have liked to have been able to bury the poor
unfortunate kitty but I don't carry tools with me and
there were no appropriate places nearby to do so anyway.

I did move the kitties remains out of the street up onto
the shoulder, well off the road, and called the agency
responsible for dealing with animal remains. Most import-
ant, they maintain a list of animals they collect, a
description, and when and where they were collected so
worried animal owners can find out if their furkids have
been taken.

Please join me in purring this poor thing finds his way
to the bridge painlessly, and this his humans may learn
of his fate instead of worrying and never knowing.

I also learned something important today - it's difficult
to drive on a busy freeway with tears in your eyes.

Dan

{{{{{Dan}}}}}

It gets to me every time, and breaks my heart. Bless you for doing
what you could for the poor little orange one.

Purrs for his gentle journey to The Bridge.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old November 8th 05, 09:25 PM
Helen Miles

"dan" wrote in message

When I got there I found a very beautiful, very dead
large orange tabby cat. From the injuries he sustained
I could tell that he died instantly and painlessly.//

Purrs that the poor boy makes it safely to the bridge and that his
humans find out his fate so that they know to meet him there. (

Helen M

Old November 8th 05, 10:12 PM
jmcquown

wrote:
[...]

Purrs on the way for the unknown kitty

I have to relate this, which has a good ending but which scared the crap out
of me at the time.

I was on my way early one summer Saturday morning (approximately 5:30AM),
driving down a normally busy 6 lane divided street. Had it not been
Saturday or so very early, there probably would have been a much different
outcome. I'm driving along, no traffic to speak of. I see what appears to
be a small tire, strip of rubber, or rubbish in the road. Suddenly the
"rubbish" turned its head and I could see it was a gorgeous long-haired
black cat with green eyes.

OMG! It was entirely too late for me to swerve so I just gritted my teeth
and begged it, please don't move! I can't believe I didn't crush it with
the tires of my car; I've never been any good at avoiding stuff in the
middle of the street, you know?

I heard a slight thunk but as I looked in my rearview mirror the cat ran off
behind me. It ran up a large grass incline towards some houses. The way it
dashed off, I was 99.999% certain it wasn't hurt, just scared. The thunk, I
think, was it jumping and hitting my rear bumper as I miraculously
maneuvered over the cat without hitting it with any of my tires. I, myself,
was shaking.

I turned around at the next intersection and went back and tried to find the
cat. The fact that I didn't find it dead, dying or injured made me feel
pretty certain it was okay and had gone back home. I couldn't bring myself
to knock on doors at 6AM. I was so upset I'm sure I would have said some
really nasty things if they'd said to me, "Oh, we have a cat like that...
he/she is fine; just came home." I'd have cussed them up one side and down
the other for letting this cat roam loose. For being irresponsible pet
owners. For not only endangering the cat, who decided to nap on the warm
pavement as the sun came up, but also for scaring the crap out of the cat
and me. GRRRRRRR.

Jill

New Kitty Purrs Lucy's Mom Cat anecdotes 13 February 10th 05 09:37 AM
Purrs for a foundling kitty Singh Cat anecdotes 20 January 25th 05 02:19 AM
My 24 hour kitty O J Cat anecdotes 39 August 20th 04 10:23 AM
Kitty purrs and tuna purrs Dan M Cat anecdotes 57 July 22nd 04 07:00 AM
A Gift from Mai Kitty David Cat anecdotes 20 May 2nd 04 09:50 PM