Cat in bin-woman charged

Old September 22nd 10, 03:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

Default Cat in bin-woman charged

Cheryl wrote:

The UK has had animal welfare laws prohibiting cruelty since 1911, but
the new Act has gone further, aiming to prevent suffering before it
happens.

Pre-emptive laws? They must be positively Orwellian if they criminalize
behaviour before it happens.

Not pre-emptive of behavior, but pre-emptive of *suffering*. There still
has to be an act in order to prosecute. In this case, the woman endangered
the cat. The cat happened to get lucky and was found before experiencing
any lasting harm, but it could have ended in a much more tragic way. There
are laws against child endangerment, where someone can be prosecuted for
recklessly or negligently - to say nothing of deliberately - putting a
child in harm's way, regardless of how it turned out for the child. Why
not protect animals in the same way?

Joyce

I totally agree with you on that, Joyce, thank you.
Love
Kyla

--
The heck with top and bottom -- I want relationships with strangeness
and charm.

Old September 22nd 10, 12:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Mosey =^..^= wrote:
IMO, people who abuse animals should be SO punished harshly...there is
NO excuse for doing such mean things to creatures whatsoever..nope
...cats AND other animals as well. It makes me sick.!!! The abusers
should be locked in small maggot infested cages for oh say 3 days and
then get a stiff fine and prison time...but THAT"S in-humane!! Bah!!!.
Don't even get me started on harp seal clubbers.......
Bless the kind humans who do rescue the poor creatures.

Personally I see little difference between people that abuse animals or
people that abuse children.

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old September 22nd 10, 12:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 22 Sep, 12:39, Adrian wrote:

Personally I see little difference between people that abuse animals or
people that abuse children.

I see no difference whatsoever and I don't even like children (Babies
especially- I'm always scared I'm going to drop them or stand on them
or they'll throw up- don't bat an eyelid when a cat throws up just
reach for the kitchen towel but the mere thought of a baby throwing up
makes me feel queasy)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old September 22nd 10, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
Personally I see little difference between people that abuse animals or

people that abuse children.

It has been found that there is a correlation, particularly in children that
abuse animals, who often go on to abuse children when they are older.
Abusing animals is a warning sign that things are not right, it shows lack
of empathy for the vulnerable.

Tweed

Old September 30th 10, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David Stevenson

Lesley wrote
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-11375080

Good!