Wife sitting in chair

Old December 13th 10, 03:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David Stevenson

Default Wife sitting in chair

Nico looks at her. Then, slowly, deliberately, he sticks his claws in
her bare lower leg.

"Owww !!!!"

Nico looks at her. Then, slowly, deliberately, he sticks his claws in
her bare lower leg.

"Owww !!!!"

Nico looks at her. Then, slowly, deliberately, he sticks his claws in
her bare lower leg.

"Owww !!!!" Then she kicks out.

Don't worry, she missed. Nico is quick.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.org/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome
Old December 13th 10, 03:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 02:23:32 +0000, David Stevenson
wrote:

Nico looks at her. Then, slowly, deliberately, he sticks his claws in
her bare lower leg.

"Owww !!!!"

Nico looks at her. Then, slowly, deliberately, he sticks his claws in
her bare lower leg.

"Owww !!!!"

Nico looks at her. Then, slowly, deliberately, he sticks his claws in
her bare lower leg.

"Owww !!!!" Then she kicks out.

Don't worry, she missed. Nico is quick.

Is there some RATIONAL reason WHY you would let a cat, ANY cat, get away
with this kind of crap?

This is just COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE behavior.

Letting a cat GET AWAY with this kind of behavior, even a SINGLE time,
is INSANITY, pure and simple.

No cat would EVER get away with that, in MY house.

But then, I simply wouldn't HAVE a cat that would INTENTIONALLY INJURE
ME.

Shaking my head in disbelief
Old December 13th 10, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

And just what would you do to a cat like that, Gandalf?

shaking head in sorrow for poor Lorelei

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old December 13th 10, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I don't know about him but, after the first time I would make some effort to
at least get away from the cat or shoo it away. A good thump on the nose
might be in order if I didn't have a water bottle handy.

Old December 13th 10, 04:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Sorry, that was in part my impatience over the whole "Lorelei" story finally
snapping. I don't know if anyone else's cats do this, but mine will gently
put out a claw (or in Sammy's care a little bite or nip - not drawing blood)
just to get me to pay attention to them. They don't do this in malice or
evil or any other bad intent, just to get my attention. The fact that she
sat through it twice and didn't move or react other than an "Ow" tells me it
wasn't done hard. The absolute best way to discourage a cat who is getting
a bit rambunctious is to let out a loud, high-pitched "MEW" - the noise a
kitten will make when a sibling is getting too rough. All rough-housing
stops immediately (a cat's equivalent to crying "uncle").

I think one of my cats would have to chew off my arm before I would even
*CONSIDER* not having said cat.

Again, sorry for blowing a gasket.

Old December 13th 10, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

wrote:

[...]

Shaking my head in disbelief- Hide quoted text -

Awww, come on Gadalf. It was funny. And, true story about Cherokee,
RB 2000 at age 17. We had a routine. Every, single, day when I came
in from work, I had the day's mail in myhand. I sat at the dining room
table and began opening/sorting it. Cherokee would sit at my feet
while
I did so. Eventually, he took one paw, laid it gently on my bare leg,
and dug all five claws in. Just his way of getting my attention.
Nothing
aggressive about it. Never brought blood. It was just a cute Cherokee-
thing.
However, it was required we wear nylons to work, so Cherokee did cause
me to spend a lot of $$$ on new nylons.
Can't say I was fond of the habit at the time, but Id give anything to
sit down opening mail right now and have Cherokee appear and "get
my attention."

Frank was a baby when Cherokee was elderly and being "monkey-see,
monkey-do" as he is, he picked up lots of Cherokee's habits, good and
bad. Now, when I sit very much engrossed in a book, he jumps on the
arm of the chair and gently taps my face. If I don't respond, he
starts
tapping with the claws out.

They're simply terribly spoiled to being the center of attention and
have their
little ways to remind me that I should take care of them first, then
deal with
lesser-important things like mail later.

Sherry

Sherry
Old December 13th 10, 05:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Dec 12, 9:26*pm, "Granby" wrote:
I don't know about him but, after the first time I would make some effort to
at least get away from the cat or shoo it away. *A good thump on the nose
might be in order if I didn't have a water bottle handy."CatNipped" wrote in message

I see what you're saying, but I kind of interpret what David said a
little
differently, probably because of Cherokee. The key words were "slowly
and deliberately." To me, that says Nico's just getting her attention
without
really hurting her. Instead of being mean, she's just being annoying.
Sort of like the "love bites" we're all familiar with.
Now, Kitten's thing is to grab my ankle, with claws out, and start
bunny-kicking, with claws out. That HURTS, it's aggressive, and she
gets
the water gun for it. She never seems to learn anything, but I have
hopes.
Biskit is the only one who gets away with deliberate clawing. She
loves to
perch on my shoulder, and while she's there, she kneads. It hurts like
the
devil but she is purring and drooling and in such obvious nirvana
while she's
doing it I can't bear to make her stop. In fact, I can't bear to
discipline Biskit
for just about anything. :-)

Sherry
Old December 13th 10, 05:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

In ,
CatNipped typed:
wrote:

[...]

Lori, are you meaning to imply that Gandalf would or does abuse Lorelei?
because that how what you've written above sounds like to me, and that seems
out of character for you.

Yowie

Old December 13th 10, 05:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I don't think the cat was at fault, the human was though.
"Yowie" wrote in message
In ,
CatNipped typed:

Old December 13th 10, 05:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

In ,
Sherry typed:

wrote:

[...]

Not wanting to enter (or start!) a flamefest, but I would not let my cats
attract attention in physically injurous ways either. Meowing loudly and
getting in my face are annoying enough, I am *not* going to let them think
thats its in any way OK to hurt me or mine on purpose (and fairs fair, if
one of the two-foots hurts either of them accidently we get a swift bite or
nasty scratch for our trouble to let them know that they dont' think being
hurt is acceptable either). Last thing I'd want them to do is hurt Cary once
they realise he's just as capable of operating the kibble box as I am.

Yowie

[1] and would stop them by squealing, hissing loudly, water squirting, and
physically removing them from the scene - oh, and nail trimming - rather
than anything more malicious. But still, I wouldn't have let a cat dig into
my leg because they wanted attention, much inthe same way I didn't and don't
let Cary bite, punch and/or kick me for attention (as toddlers try, and
learn *very* quickly that that is *not* a good way to get Mummy / Daddy's
attention)