What's Cooking Today?

Old July 4th 11, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]

Default What's Cooking Today?

Fourth of July question, but anyone can chime in with tonight's dinner menu.

Despite the wild partying going on at our crazy neighbor's, who choose every
opportunity to have a pool party with loud, obnoxious music, which keeps
*our* outside activities to a minimum... we're breaking out the BBQ grill
(propane - we have about 4 full tanks of propane set aside for hurricane
aftermaths, so we figured we'll do the special rather than the ordinary for
us). Ben is going to boil spare ribs in crab boil until they're tender and
then put them on the grill (unfortunately we'll be using bottled BBQ sauce,
not home made - I just don't have the energy to contribute to the meal
today). Everything else will be done on the side burners. Macaroni and
cheese - the "Deluxe" package - again, I'm not able to cook the good
home-made baked macaroni, unfortunately. We have the makings for a really
nice salad... Romaine lettuce, fresh mushrooms, pitted olives with pimento,
cucumber, avocado, fresh garden tomatoes and bacon bits - topped with bleu
cheese dressing. We'll also have fresh corn on the cob - steamed to
perfection (I don't like corn wrapped in tinfoil and done on the BBQ.

What's everyone else having?

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old July 4th 11, 06:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Wayne Mitchell

"CatNipped" wrote:

What's everyone else having?

Leftovers.
--

Wayne M.
Old July 4th 11, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

I have no idea. My daughter and son-in-law invited my son and me to a
barbecue at their house, so I'll eat whatever they fix. When they have a
barbecue, it could be hamburgers, and maybe hot dogs, or it could be shish
kebab. My daughter picks up a couple of salads at a nearby deli. The rest
of the menu varies.

Joy

Old July 4th 11, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
hopitus[_2_]

On Jul 4, 10:15*am, "CatNipped" wrote:
[...]

Strolling with NFL pals two blocks to the monster municipality
fireworks extravaganza
tonight (last night watched MileHigh's downtown on tv at home - a
patriotic concert
with professional coordinating big bucks pyrotechnics and lighted
buildings - but tonight's
will be canned music and a great deal of my 'burb's budget is blown on
major detonation
supplies, IOW what I love: extended Grand Finale that rocks my condo
complex's walls
(Snaggly is so laid back, he snores through the whole thing) and
leaves us strolling home
from the blasts stinking of the smoke and ashes...but not clothes-
singed, LOL.
We will LOL be eating *vendor* junk food there, no gourmet treats but
hey, it's only once
a year. Weather here is days hot as hell (yay) nights just right for
fireworks, little cooler.
We used to go downtown MileHigh before they put it on tv but can't
handle the congestion
mess (narrow, one-way streets) and parking hassles in MileHigh. From
the aerial views last
night, looks like they did have their 20,000 attendance there live.
Old July 4th 11, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Greek salad, homemade dressing, stuffed grape leaves.

Old July 4th 11, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Nassi goreng (fried rice) with babi pangang(dutch/indonesian).
Yoghurt without sugar.
Strawberry lemonade.

At snack time: I dont know yet...... Maybe popcorn.
Old July 4th 11, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Robert Catt

"CatNipped" wrote in message ...

[...]

We're having what you're having, CatNipped. With that menu we're coming to
your place for supper!

Old July 4th 11, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Jul 4, 12:01*pm, "Robert Catt" wrote:

We're having what you're having, CatNipped. With that menu we're coming to
your place for supper!

Damnit you beat me to it! (Of course I'm the UK, where I had a
Frankfurter baguette for lunch and Dave had a cheese sandwich, we are
too hot to eat)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furball
Old July 4th 11, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

I hauled my trusty Weber kettle (charcoal) grill out of the garage and hosed
it off. It hasn't been used since I moved. I'll be grilling bacon-wrapped
filets and summer squash - both yellow and zucchini. Cut off the stem ends,
slice it down the middle, brush with olive oil and add S&P. Simple and
delicious! I do so wish I could eat corn on the cob! That's one of the
things I really miss. But truly, the best way to grill it is NOT wrapped in
foil. Strip back the husks, remove the cornsilk, brush with butter, then
wrap it back up and grill it, turning occasionally, until the husks actually
blacken. Of course I don't know if this would work on a gas grill. Nothing
tastes "grilled" to me unless it's done over hardwood lump charcoal.

Jill

Old July 4th 11, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

CatNipped wrote:

What's everyone else having?

Home-made burgers done on the BBQ topped with ketchup, mustard, fried
onion and gherkin, with sides of home-made coleslaw and rice salad...
happy 4th July!

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com