I.m beginning to wonder

Old December 17th 15, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default I.m beginning to wonder

If Boyfie has a digestive problem re pooing in the bath. His bath poos are
kind of like cow pats with some form in them. But not good firm poos.
He has always been clean in the house until recently. I am guessing that
cowpat poos mean he cannot hold himself. I never tell him off about it, if
you need to go, you need to go.
Do I need to worry, should I take him to the vet? He is very well
otherwise.
Do I need to change his food? His poos are not properly formed. Far too
soft.

Old December 18th 15, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

If Boyfie has a digestive problem re pooing in the bath. His bath poos are
kind of like cow pats with some form in them. But not good firm poos.
He has always been clean in the house until recently. I am guessing that
cowpat poos mean he cannot hold himself. I never tell him off about it, if
you need to go, you need to go.
Do I need to worry, should I take him to the vet? He is very well
otherwise.
Do I need to change his food? His poos are not properly formed. Far too
soft.

If I were mine, I think I'd take him to the vet, along with a sample of
the poo for analysis.

Old December 18th 15, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

If Boyfie has a digestive problem re pooing in the bath. His bath poos are
kind of like cow pats with some form in them. But not good firm poos.
He has always been clean in the house until recently. I am guessing that
cowpat poos mean he cannot hold himself.

My Chloe is like that. She has hyperthyroid, but that's controlled.
The poo problem is something else as well. Empirically, giving her
a whacking great dose of biotin (about a quarter of a 1000mcg capsule
once a week) keeps her poo reasonably solid. A lot of catfood seems
to be biotin-deficient or outright biotin-destroying, thanks to its
egg content.

Old December 18th 15, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/17/2015 6:32 PM, Joy wrote:
If Boyfie has a digestive problem re pooing in the bath. His bath
poos are
kind of like cow pats with some form in them. But not good firm poos.
He has always been clean in the house until recently. I am guessing that
cowpat poos mean he cannot hold himself. I never tell him off about
it, if
you need to go, you need to go.
Do I need to worry, should I take him to the vet? He is very well
otherwise.
Do I need to change his food? His poos are not properly formed. Far too
soft.

If I were mine, I think I'd take him to the vet, along with a sample of
the poo for analysis.

I believe I'd do that, too. At least he's still eating, so there may be
some sort of easily fixable treatment if he has some issues.

Jill
Old December 19th 15, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
If Boyfie has a digestive problem re pooing in the bath. His bath poos
are
kind of like cow pats with some form in them. But not good firm poos.
He has always been clean in the house until recently. I am guessing that
cowpat poos mean he cannot hold himself.

My Chloe is like that. She has hyperthyroid, but that's controlled.
The poo problem is something else as well. Empirically, giving her
a whacking great dose of biotin (about a quarter of a 1000mcg capsule
once a week) keeps her poo reasonably solid. A lot of catfood seems
to be biotin-deficient or outright biotin-destroying, thanks to its
egg content.

There was a question about his thyroid a few months ago, but he seems be
fine. Where do I get biotin?
Will that work for poodles too? It's my life's work to get Lennie a firm
poo. Because I have to clear it up..
His mum spent 300 pounds for allergy tests, to help his itching and
diarrhoea. He is very allergic to dust mites. His food allergies are oats,
potatoes and rice plus wheat, which makes it very difficult to find
something. But I did. Spent hours examing every ingredient in the posh pet
shop.
Lily's Kitchen duck & chicken. We'll see how it goes. It's quite expensive.
7.49/kg Rita says nothing is too expensive for Lennie :-)

e m a i l : j a c k @ c a m p i n . m e . u
Jack Campin, 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU,
Scotland
mobile 07800 739 557 http://www.campin.me.uk Twitter:
JackCampin

Old December 22nd 15, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 12/17/2015 6:32 PM, Joy wrote:
[...]

Maybe it's because he had to have all his intestines taken out of his body
to flush them last year? I thought he'd recovered completely but maybe he
hasn't.

Old December 22nd 15, 02:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 12/17/2015 6:32 PM, Joy wrote:
[...]

Honestly, I cannot answer that. I do think if his pooing in the tub
makes you think there might be a health issue, take Boyfie to the vet.

Jill
Old December 22nd 15, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 12/17/2015 6:32 PM, Joy wrote:
[...]

I'll probably phone the vet for advice first - he hates going there.

Old December 23rd 15, 10:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 12/17/2015 6:32 PM, Joy wrote:
[...]

It's always good to get advice. I hadn't thought about his previous injury
having an effect.

Judith

It could also be because he is getting more dry food after the vet told me
to give him more to increase his weight. It might not suit him. He is up to
weight now so I can reduce it back to the 2 tbsps he had before for a
night-time treat.
See how that works. He gets 100g wet x 2 daily. If he doesn't improve, I
might try him on raw food. I gave him raw mince today, he loved it and
scarfed it down. It's horribly expensive but hey, he's worth it. I'd heard
that raw food sorts out soft poos in cats. I'll let you know.
I do know that when both KFC & himself were eating collared doves, their
poos were perfect ;-)