MAIL CALL!

Old January 9th 06, 05:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default MAIL CALL!

I'm hot, sweaty, irritated with my family and a little weary. So
rather
than go out and wash my car, and since I needed to fill up on gas for
my
trip anyway, I drove it down to the gas station. Got a deluxe
drive-thru
car-wash along with a fill-up. No biggie.

There's a homeless guy who panhandles by this gas station. I've seen
him
many times before. I don't carry cash around with me and at any rate
wouldn't hand someone cash to begin with. He's never approached me
before
but he did today. He said to me, "Ma'am, I have 15 cents in my pocket.
Any
little change you could spare would be appreciated."

Here's the litmus test for someone who truly wants help rather than go
blow
their money on Mad Dog 20-20. Offer to buy them a sandwich. If they
only
want cash, guess what? They probably have more money than I do.

I said I didn't have any cash but I could use my credit card to buy him
burger. There was a Wendy's next door and he was exceedingly grateful.
He
said, "I've seen that picture of the bacon mushroom melt thing, could I
have
one of those?" Sure you can. Do you want fries? "Oh, no, ma'am.
Just the
sandwich. And some ice water. Water doesn't cost anything extra."

How pitiful is that?! Damn, I went in there and ordered his sandwich
and
his ice water - cost me all of $4.29 including tax. It was everything
could do - and I probably should have - to not order two burgers, an
extra
large order of fries, a salad and maybe a bowl of chili. But he seemed
be a rather proud sort and I didn't figure he'd take kindly to my going
the
extra mile. Sounds stupid, I know, but I didn't want to offend him.

He happily sat down on the grass median next to the Wendy's parking lot
as I
drove off, preparing to eat his dinner.

Jill

Old January 9th 06, 11:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

SuperSugarCrisp wrote:
[...]

him a
burger. There was a Wendy's next door and he was exceedingly
grateful. He
said, "I've seen that picture of the bacon mushroom melt thing, could
I have
one of those?" Sure you can. Do you want fries? "Oh, no, ma'am.
Just the
sandwich. And some ice water. Water doesn't cost anything extra."

How pitiful is that?! Damn, I went in there and ordered his sandwich
and
his ice water - cost me all of $4.29 including tax. It was everything
could do - and I probably should have - to not order two burgers, an
extra
large order of fries, a salad and maybe a bowl of chili. But he
seemed to
be a rather proud sort and I didn't figure he'd take kindly to my
going the
extra mile. Sounds stupid, I know, but I didn't want to offend him.

He happily sat down on the grass median next to the Wendy's parking
lot as I
drove off, preparing to eat his dinner.

Jill

Here we go again with the ****ing trolls. Someone please let school back in
again.

Jill

Old January 9th 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

Here we go again with the ****ing trolls. Someone please let school back in
again.

Jill

language jill language
if you're going to use explicatives
you should include warning the header

Old January 9th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote

Here we go again with the ****ing trolls. Someone please let school back

in
again.

Language! tsk tsk

FTR, I thought that really was you.

I recall a post you made that was damned near identical.

Old January 9th 06, 03:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default MAIL CALL! - Rated PG - 17

cybercat wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote

Here we go again with the ****ing trolls. Someone please let school back

in
again.

Language! tsk tsk

FTR, I thought that really was you.

I recall a post you made that was damned near identical.

she did, it is identical.

i think it was called my OT Good Deed for the Day...it plucked my
nerves back then...and she didn't even buy the ****ing fries!

Old January 9th 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

SuperSugarCrisp wrote:

[...]

Jill, did you actually read the post, or simply react to the
rather lame screen-name? It may be off-topic, and it may be
a troll, but certainly not anything objectionable.

Old January 9th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default MAIL CALL! - Rated PG - 17 - Jill Cussed!

im not talking to you but
Jill saw I'm hot, sweaty...
and thought it was a troll!
it was her own post
that's too darn funny
she cussed a dirty word too!
ha!

Old January 9th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

SuperSugarCrisp wrote:

[...]

Evelyn, that was MY post. Copy/pasted after being looked up on Google, no
doubt. I have no idea why this person decided to re-post my post about my
buying lunch for a homeless person. Just another example of because I asked
NMR to not top post, the trolls are crawling back out of the woodwork. I
seem to attract them like flies.

Jill

Old January 9th 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

Evelyn, that was MY post. Copy/pasted after being looked up on Google, no
doubt. I have no idea why this person decided to re-post my post about my
buying lunch for a homeless person. Just another example of because I asked
NMR to not top post, the trolls are crawling back out of the woodwork. I
seem to attract them like flies.

Hey, I think that post made you look pretty good - compassionate and
willing to help someone. So if the troll was trying to hurt you by
reposting that, they failed.

Joyce