Cats Vs. Dogs -- Posting Activity

Old June 23rd 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
TaliesinSoft

Default Cats Vs. Dogs -- Posting Activity

Since yesterday in mid-afternoon there have been 267 postings to the various
rec.pets.cats. boards and 77 to the rec.pets.dogs. boards. I'm curious as to
why there is such a variance. Any thoughts?

--
James Leo Ryan ..... Austin, Texas .....

Old June 23rd 07, 11:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Ketzl's Dad

On Jun 22, 2007, TaliesinSoft wrote:

Since yesterday in mid-afternoon there have been 267 postings to the various
rec.pets.cats. boards and 77 to the rec.pets.dogs. boards. I'm curious as to
why there is such a variance. Any thoughts?

Another dog board with more activity?

--
Joey Dee from NYC

Remember: It is To Laugh

a few Ketzl pix
http://tinyurl.com/2a5u8b

Old June 23rd 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
AZ Nomad

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 21:48:48 -0500, TaliesinSoft wrote:

Since yesterday in mid-afternoon there have been 267 postings to the various
rec.pets.cats. boards and 77 to the rec.pets.dogs. boards. I'm curious as to
why there is such a variance. Any thoughts?

First thought is that you need to get a new provider. At my internet
provider I see:
695 rec.pets.dogs
399 rec.pets.dogs.activities
32553 rec.pets.dogs.behavior
4364 rec.pets.dogs.breeds
6995 rec.pets.dogs.health
60 rec.pets.dogs.info
1463 rec.pets.dogs.misc
1426 rec.pets.dogs.rescue

44655 rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
16 rec.pets.cats.announce
8263 rec.pets.cats.community
22790 rec.pets.cats.health+behav
524 rec.pets.cats.misc
344 rec.pets.cats.rescue

Grand total for cat newsgroups is 76592, total for dog newsgroups is 47955.
Ratio is 1.60:1, as opposed to your ratio of 3.47:1.