What's with the phonetic kitty talk?

Old March 30th 10, 02:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Default What's with the phonetic kitty talk?

MLB you are much kinder than I am. You know we have handled some serious
issues with cats and, a few dogs. Just because we take a lighter road to it
all, doesn't make us.......well, whatever he was implying we were. I really
hope his kitty doesn't end up with a serious weight problem and all the
associated problems with it. 0
"MLB" wrote in message
Dave wrote:
Christine BA wrote:
30.3.2010 1:20, Dave kirjoitti:
I thought this was place to exchange info on cats, not act like a
bunch of children. I've come here in the past, and don't remember
this foolishness.
Rec.pets.cats.community has used meowchat for as long as I remember.
I'm not all that fond of it either, but tend to lurk here anyway.
There are other rec.pets.cats groups too. For example if it's health
issues you want to look into, check out rec.pets.cats.health+behav.

You know what? I think the health+behavior group is the one I've used in
the past. I think I'll go there. Aside from its being more geared
toward the advice I'm seeking, I can't stomach this so-called meowchat.
Ridiculous. It's exactly the sort of foolishness that gives cat owners a
bad name. Thanks, Christine.

BTW, I used to date a Fin. She and her sisters were born there, but grew
up here in the states. They all had Finnish names that were a bit of a
challenge for my American tongue. Her parents' names were really tough,
but I have to admit, I did a pretty good job with them. In fact, the
first time I met her younger sister, the sister remarked on how well I
pronounced my girlfriend's name. (Most people didn't do too well.)

Thanks, again.

-Dave

Don't go away mad -- some of the group are nice and have a playful spirit.
MLB

Old March 30th 10, 02:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

fone et ick? i etted ick, notted da fone. da fone wrings, neffur ets
noffink! dis is ofishul.
sekretari of fudz beauty

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:33:18 -0500, "Granby" wrote:

Well, you call it foolishness, we call it fun. Maybe you meant to go to
rpca. They do not like meowchat at all. Sorry to be below your standards.
We are interested in your kitty and the potential weight problem. Hope you
get it figured out.

Old March 30th 10, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dave

Sparafucile wrote:
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:20:52 -0400, Dave wrote:

I thought this was place to exchange info on cats, not act like a
bunch of children. I've come here in the past, and don't remember
this foolishness.

It requires two things that a self-righteous
asshole like you doesn't have: imagination and a
sense of humor/playfullness.

Maybe I'm plonked so you won't see this...

What I always find interesting is how easily offended people in the internet
become when they're criticized.

My sense of humor is just fine...but grown-ups using this moewchat is the
equivalent of talking to each other in babytalk. It's childish, so grow the
hell up.

If you don't like it here, don't visit or ask our
advice.

As I already said, I'll be heading over to the health-behavior group.

Old March 30th 10, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dave

Granby wrote:
Maybe you need one of the health groups or rpca. We rather enjoy
meowchat here and I am sorry it is below your standards for fun. However,
we are interested in your kitty and hope you will post when
you figure out the source of the problem. It may just be a growing
thing. Lots of luck.

So while I do (really) appreciate your concern for my cat, I simply cannot
abide the meowchat. Honestly, it's not playful; it's hopelessly childish.
You must know that. Don't you? Would you accept people in a child-rearing
newgroup using babytalk? I doubt it.

BTW, I've spoken to the vet, and it's really looking like my kitten is just
a little piglet. I'm just going increase his daily amount of food to make
him satified, then try very gradually reducing it to the proper amount.

Old March 30th 10, 03:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Mineown name iz Piglett and I don preciate you kalling ur mancat dat namez.
If we wuz razin barekittens (human babies) we wudz ackt propiately. Lotza
peoplez do like meowchat dat iz why da internetz hazza lotz of plazes for
evven stuff shirts like yourown selvz. I iz done wiff you. I triedta giff u
urown spaze ann u makez funof mine.

Old March 30th 10, 03:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_4_]

Hihiiiiiii Piglett .. I ugreeee wff yerownself. Diz dum guy iz en da rongh
groop n jest wuntz tew kauz trubblz n hoo needz hisownself?..harrumph.
Mrrrrrrrrrrrt!! Diz grooop iz were usses kitties speek n we hab owr oan
wanguage, catspeak, n iffen heeeee duzznt wike usses, den him kan go uhway n
not boffer usses gno moar. ..Dumm trole.
Yoo awl tryd tew gib hym uh nise chanse, but he wuz tew meen.
Yoo r awl tew be komended fur tryin tew be nise. Fank yerownselfz vury
mutch.
Luffs
Mosey

Old March 30th 10, 04:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Az dey say, different strokez for different folkz. No one hazta like da
same fing and it iz ok iffin he don like uzez. We haff surfifed lotza
yearz, at leasdt da gramby haz wifout efferyone likink herselfz. We shudent
kall hin names kauze him iz onlee hooman.

Old March 30th 10, 11:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Christine BA[_3_]

30.3.2010 2:46, Dave kirjoitti:
snip

BTW, I used to date a Fin. She and her sisters were born there, but grew up
here in the states. They all had Finnish names that were a bit of a
challenge for my American tongue. Her parents' names were really tough, but
I have to admit, I did a pretty good job with them. In fact, the first time
I met her younger sister, the sister remarked on how well I pronounced my
girlfriend's name. (Most people didn't do too well.)

Thanks, again.

-Dave

We're NOT Fins, we're Finns!!
Fins are on fishes...

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old March 30th 10, 12:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Yes but a a@@hole by any other name is still an a@@hole. Just because I
don't like something doesn't give me the right to rip it apart.

We kitties fout it wuz funnie dat himself kept readink thou him said him
hated meowchat. Ah well, it is da seazon for forgiffing not beliddleink so
as Whispering Willow Walker would say. Led him stew in hims own mess anna
stay oudda mine fishtank.
"Christine BA" wrote in message
snip