Jellicle Ball 2015 begins

Old October 28th 15, 11:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Default Jellicle Ball 2015 begins

Maybe so, but we duznt do dat ennee more.

Rebecca
Old October 28th 15, 01:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

[A moment of silence with weeping guests ensues then a paw reaches over
and slides the lights slowly back up]

The podium is now yours my friends. Please step forward with any
tributes you wish to give.

So many names. So very many.

Amelia

Old October 28th 15, 01:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

Sorry for my late arrival, but things did not go quite the way I planned. Is anycat here I may know?!? Where is the sign in desk.

Misty, Mistress of the Night

Misty! Why don't you come sit with me?

Amelia

Old October 28th 15, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 5:31:58 AM UTC-7, Amelia T Cat wrote:
Sorry for my late arrival, but things did not go quite the way I planned. Is anycat here I may know?!? Where is the sign in desk.

Misty, Mistress of the Night

Misty! Why don't you come sit with me?

Amelia

Amelia, Good idea.Coming. Does anyone still have that special Mint Tea?? I had *best* take some home to the Bobcat.
Old October 28th 15, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Amelia T Cat wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[A moment of silence with weeping guests ensues then a paw reaches
over and slides the lights slowly back up]

The podium is now yours my friends. Please step forward with any
tributes you wish to give.

So many names. So very many.

Amelia

Yes, iz very sad. Daisy-chan grabs a hanki. It waz so hard to read
anna not cry. Especially when I had to call Vamp's name.

Daisy-chan hugs Amelia then turns to listen as more tributes are read.

Old October 28th 15, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

Misty, dat wuz bootiful. I haz to tell yurownself, tho, dat yoo mite
be catfoozin owrown Jellicle Ball wif da book an da play dat da name
kumz frum. Da sekund jellicle life isn't a RPCC fing, datz juss in da
book or da play or maybe bof. Our ball iz named fur dat, but it iz
difurent.

Rebecca

Daisy-chan thinks fur a moment then she gets it. Is a play called Cats
(she smiles, it wuz fun to watch!).

Old October 28th 15, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 2:20:28 AM UTC-7, Sundance and/or
Rebecca wrote:
Misty, dat wuz bootiful. I haz to tell yurownself, tho, dat yoo
mite be catfoozin owrown Jellicle Ball wif da book an da play dat
da name kumz frum. Da sekund jellicle life isn't a RPCC fing, datz
juss in da book or da play or maybe bof. Our ball iz named fur dat,
but it iz difurent.

Rebecca

Rebecca,

According to Bonnie's (My Great, Great, Great Grand Dam) Grimoire
[Misty summons her Grimoire which appears ] the 1st Annual RPCC
Jelical Ball took it themes from both T.S. Eliot's Old Possum's Book
of Practical Cats, and from the Musical Cats (which was based on
OPBPC) and combined them into something NEW. In Cats one cat would be
nominated each year to come back to a New a different Jellicle Life,
in the very 1st RPCC Jellicle Ball it was decided that ALL Cats that
had died during the previous year would be nominated to come back to
a NEW and DIFFERENT Jellicle Life.

This was taken from Bonnie's Grimoire [Misty reads from the Grimoire]:

"The theme for the 1st Annual RPC Jellicle Ball is: The Transcendental
Power of Love.

"Since RPC came on line, many wonderful and special kittens and cats
have passed to the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. But -- as we
know since we are CATS -- death is not the end to life, but rather the
beginning of a new one. It should not be seen as a period of
protracted mourning, but rather as a period of celebration -- this is
more-or-less in keeping with the poet T.S. Eliot's works about CATS:
We gather once a year to select the cat that can come back to a new
Jellicle Life. Love is a binding force that transcends both time and
space, and we will all reunite at the Rainbow Bridge. In recognition
that there are so many kittens and cats deserving of a new Jellicle
Life this year we pay honor to all who have gone before; to celebrate
their lives in story, song, and memories.

"The area for the Ball will cover a circular area approximately the
size of Yankee Stadium. In the center will be a computer center with
globe projector and split beam prisms. Around the puuurrrrimeter will
be 100 "t." tall projection screens with spaces in between. These
spaces will be exits and entrances for the various participants. These
exits and entrances must be secured from D*GS. While I do not
advocate the use of razor wire, if that is what is necessary to
provide security do it. The purrrson that has volunteered
for this has a big task on his paws.

"At various places around the purrrrimeter there will be stages of
different types. The main stage will hold the band where music will
be played; 180 degrees away will be a circular stage for story
tellers. Here many of our brave tales can be told again so that they
may be re-told for generations to come. Cats who forget their past,
as we all know, have no future.

"As the Full Moon starts to rise, and the stars come out to shine, one
name at a time will be projected onto a huge main projection screen
which is to be adjacent to the band. Spike, our original MC for this
Ball will be the first name to be shown, out of respect. The format
will be this: The Cat's [or kitten's] name, and the name of the house
they protected. Ex. Gypsy, House of Ruskin. No other titles will be
used -- on this night all cats are to be considered of equal rank. All
cats will be treated in this manner. In the event the Cat or Kitten
belonged to no home, it will be the Cat or Kitten's name, House of
Bastet. The MC will rule over the Ball. We still do not have any
submissions for the MC, therefore I am appointing Christofur, esq,
executor for Spike to 1) Find someone who will serve in the role. The
is a very HIGH HONOR. The cat selected should be our oldest inhabitant
-- in the event that no nominations are put forth, by default
Christofur, esq will be the MC.

"Bonnie, The Black Panther Co-Host of the 1st Annual Jellicle Ball
The MC for the ball will rule over the Ball [which will be Christofur
by default if no other cat can be found]. The next to last song will
be Memories. The Host and Hostess of the Ball [Sir Galaxy and myself,
or Sir Galaxy and my stand-in, the lovely Ebony, The Black Panther
(though if I can not make it I will be there in spirit as I watch the
Moon sail overhead)] will have the whole floor unto themselves for the
first few measures, they will then invite all other cats to then join
them. At the end of the song the MC will ask that those cats deserving
of a New Jellicle Life be simultaneously projected through the beam
splitters to fall upon all the huge projection screens that surround
the puuurrrrimeter. All the names which have been shown will now be
shown one final time en mass. They will remain projected for 30
seconds before the start to revolve around the gathered assemblage,
first rather slowly, but then faster and faster until they become one
indistinct blurr where upon they will start to rise towards the curved
in peaks of the projection screens -- up past the Russel Hotel, up
into the Heavyside Layer -- the the names will meet in a final blast
of light, and the simultaneous release of fireworks. As the fireworks
fade the Band will begin to play a melody of "The Power of Love" and
"Everybody Wants to be a Cat".

"The Dawn should be breaking about this time, and as the various cats
leave through the portals between the screens, we can then reflect on
the meaning of the Jellicle Ball: To Remember What Happiness Is; To
Love One Another, so a New Day can begin."

Bonnie, The Black Panther, Lady of the House of Ruskin, Lady to Sir
Galaxy, Hosts of the 1st Annual RPC Jellicle Ball

So ends the story of the very 1st Jellicle Ball 19 years ago in 1996.
[Misty Closes Bonnie's Grimoire]

Misty, The Black Panther, Mistress of the Night

A beautifull history Misty! I wuz not around den. I was losted in the
long dark time when I libbed wild anna had no humans mebby but no one
knows my true age except Bast. Wez got a nice TED (except when dez
cutts mai nails) anna wez added up dat I can't be younger dan 16 and
may well be 18 or a bit more.

Oh anna dis is the 20th ball. 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001,
2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013,
2014, ann dis one 2015. I had ta count dem onna main fingers to
realize I culdnt just subtract da years (Daisy-chan smiles, Math is NOT
her strong point!).

Old October 28th 15, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

Maybe so, but we duznt do dat ennee more.

Rebecca

Dats true. When dey asked iffin we had a reader anna I said I'd be
willing, Azad tooked me in paw anna tolded me each reader of each part
sorat 'makes it dere own' but maybe looks up whut others said.

Since Iz been here, no 2 hab been alike in the place or the wayz wez
dun stuff but basics still are similar. Dere was a spooky castle anna
a really nice hotel anna stuff. Dis year Harri suggested a cave anna a
more camping like place ur us anna wez habbing fun wif dat!

I know Harri Roadcat is feeling betterz anna she'll add all sorts of
excitement! Iz just glad she's feeling more chipper. Maybe it's all
dem fuds da kittahs anna Cash been slipping to her.

Jellicle Ball 2014: The Ball begins Sundance and/or Rebecca Cat community 4 October 9th 14 07:18 PM
The Jellicle Ball begins Community Cats[_5_] Cat community 50 November 18th 12 07:11 PM
The Ball begins cshenk Cat community 33 November 18th 12 03:15 PM
JELLICLE BALL BEGINS Arlene Knop Cat community 0 October 28th 04 06:45 PM
Jellicle Ball Begins Boogie's Mom Cat community 10 October 14th 03 05:02 AM