RPCA Meet-up next year...

Old March 25th 08, 02:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Default RPCA Meet-up next year...

dabanana1 via CatKB.com kirjoitti:
What exactly is the RPCA? I am interested especially if it is in Orlando. I
live just an hour east of Orlando, so it is pretty close to me, let me know
what is is all about. I may even be able to help some.

RPCA is this newsgroup - rec.pets.cats.anecdotes...
And a meeting would gather up people who post here.

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old March 25th 08, 02:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

How about we all meet up in Orlando, then go on a cruise? I'm up for a
cruise.

Helen M

I'll be glad to join y'all for the meet up, but not for the cruise. I
doubt my crowd-phobia would allow me to go on board a ship with a bunch of
folks without a ready means of escape.

Dan
Old March 25th 08, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

that has always been my hold back to getting on one, my mom said the cabin
was enough for my dad to escape but I am not yet convinced, Lee
news

Old March 25th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

wrote in message

I'm thinking between June and August 2009. That will give people a
chance to save $$ so that they can come.

If I may make a suggestion, it might be better to schedule a trip to
Florida, especially inland like Orlando, more like in February, rather
than the summer. It gets very humid there in the summer. Of course,
you've lived in Belize, so you probably wouldn't bat an eye at Florida's
humidity. But I would consider it unbearable.

January and February are actually the best months to go there. It's
after the holidays, so you don't have hordes of people travelling there
to visit their retired parents. And it's before Spring Break, so you
don't have to deal with a different horde, of hormonally overdosed
college kids. The weather at that time of year is really lovely. Not
that I've spent any time in Orlando, so I can't fully vouch for that.
But I've been in coastal places such as West Palm and Daytona, quite a
few times in mid-winter, and it's beautiful.

That might not work quite so well, savings-wise, though - as it would
give people less than a year to save up. So, FWIW...

Having lived on the Gulf Coast all my life I can attest to the above.
Mid-winter is MUCH preferable to summer - you'll some 78F days instead of
105+F. Less humidity too (less like being smacked in the face with a hot,
wet towel.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Old March 25th 08, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

wrote in message
Anyone else up for a cruise????

I definitely am!

Helen M

I'd love it!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 25th 08, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Matthew" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message

"tanadashoes" wrote in message

wrote in message
Charleen and I were talking on Saturday evening and we've come up with
an idea. )

She mentioned that she has met several catslaves who live in the
Florida area. I've met several catslaves who live in the DC area. We
were thinking, as the idea has been muted several times, of perhaps
organising a Catslaves conference in Orlando next year. (18 months
away). The long time span would be to allow people to save up for
flights etc, there are a couple of people in the Orlando area who
would be willing to help organise stuff, and the reason i suggest
Orlando, is because we (me) can get cheap flights from Europe and we
(I) could tie it into a vaccation to visit Florida.

Who would be interetsted?

I'd like to be a part of this, but it all depends on Rob and how things
are going here. I really, strongly, deeply recommend that September is
the WORST time of the year to visit around here. You're better off in
October or June. Hurricanes are possible then, but less likely. Most
hurricanes can be rode out, but I still wouldn't want to be a part of a
hurricane party in Orlando. I do want to visit there and I love the
idea of Tampa some day, and Daytona sounds fun when the college kids
aren't there. Myrtle Beach South Carolina has possibilities as does
Savannah Georgia (I love that town and I've only been there once) and
Julie's stomping ground Atlanta GA. Personally, I'm game for most
anything, so long as I don't have to organize it.. Too bad we can't do
a catslave group cruise in the Caribbean.

Pam S. who really wants to be there.

I was thinking a cruise also I got a travel agent hookup at carnival and
a 3 or 4 day cruise would run about a few hundred dollars. I paid for a
single occupancy double is cheaper with insurance and a descent room
with prepaid gratuities it was $460.00 that was 5 day 4 night cruise
going to Freeport and Nassau

For that price all the food and lodging included not bad for 5 days 92
dollars a day heck hotel, food and gas would cost that much if not more

This was not group rate or with any advance discounts or up grades

BUT EVERYONE WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A PASSPORT TO GO.

and I want Pam there also along with everyone else

Really? DH and I didn't need passports when we went on a cruise to Cancun
and Cozumel (but they did ask us to bring our birth certificates).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 25th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
:-\)Liz

Everytime I leave DFW and am gone on... be it business or caring for
family...I return and there are new housing developments, shopping centers,
shopping centers torn down... always amazes me.... :-) Liz

"Adrian" wrote in message
:-)Liz wrote:
I like the DFW ...I'm close to there....I don't do coastal
cities...fear of large bodies of water and all that silly stuff....
:-)

The last time I flew into DFW was 1982, it wouldn't surprise me to find a
few changes since then. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old March 25th 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Matthew" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message

wrote in message
[...]

The keep changing the requirement I had to get one before I left back
than it was 1/01/2008. The day I applied for it the passport they changed
it to July of this year now I am not sure but from what I have been
reading you will be required to use a passport for any travel outside the
US except to US territories by 7/2009

Figured it was new (DH and I took our cruise before 9/11 - things were laxer
back then).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 25th 08, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

tanadashoes wrote:
"Matthew" wrote in message

I was thinking a cruise also I got a travel agent hookup at
carnival and a 3 or 4 day cruise would run about a few hundred
dollars. I paid for a single occupancy double is cheaper with
insurance and a descent room with prepaid gratuities it was $460.00
that was 5 day 4 night cruise going to Freeport and Nassau

For that price all the food and lodging included not bad for 5 days
92 dollars a day heck hotel, food and gas would cost that much if
not more

I talked to Rob and he's game to try this. So I'm now going to check
out passports and apply for both of us to get them. I think the idea
of a cruise intrigues him and that is good. Something to try for. So, how
many of us would like a cruise and how many would prefer dry
land?

I'd love to go on a cruise, and would vote for the cruise if we were going,
but we're not :-( (well, not physically). Shame you can't rent a yacht and
call it "the Mouser". LOL.

If we are going to get to the USA, then it won't happen in at least the next
5 years, as I'm trying to pay off a nasty credit card bill, which will take
about 5 years to go away. In 5 years time, the car will be at the end of its
lease and we'll be back to normal car ownership - which will cost less as I
won't be using up so many km's just to meet the contract, nor will I be
insuring it for $30,000 which is it curently insured for. The Yowlet will be
at school, yes, but as long as he hasn't reached the last 3 years of
highschool, taking a month out of school to go on vacation isn't such a bad
thing and I can cover what he's missed by myself (I trust...).

Aiming for 2018. It seems a very long time to go, but thats the reality of
the finances. Unless I get some windfall before then.

Y'all could of course decide to have an RPCA convention in Australia
somewhere (I'd recommend Sydney, but anywhere is good) and I'll promise to
attend that one :-)

Yowie

Old March 25th 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Matthew" wrote in message

For that price all the food and lodging included not bad for 5 days 92
dollars a day heck hotel, food and gas would cost that much if not more

This was not group rate or with any advance discounts or up grades

BUT EVERYONE WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A PASSPORT TO GO.

and I want Pam there also along with everyone else

I filled out and printed applications for passports for Rob and I, last
night. We are supposed to get a tax rebate in May. $250 ($125 each) of it
is going to the passport office. We'll also need to get pictures taken and
submit 2 copies of each person's picture. I read the specifications of the
photos. They're complicated enough that we'll be going to a professional
passport photographer to have them done. But the passports are being set
into motion as we speak. I'm so excited.

Pam S. who would like to visit Canada again too.

Lost my 19.5 year old... possibly adopting a 3 year old [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 3 December 1st 05 04:00 AM
OT Meet Gus Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 2 October 23rd 05 08:01 PM
Going to meet the baby Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 18 July 6th 05 01:24 AM
Our 4 Year Year Old Kitty Died Out of the Blue!!!! MOSFET Cats - misc 2 April 5th 05 12:20 PM
O.T. spinal surgery & RPCA we will meet Annie Wxill Cat anecdotes 84 April 26th 04 10:40 PM