It's Just too &*{) Hot

Old July 31st 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default It's Just too &*{) Hot

Temperatures are running in the 90s F and even over 100 F during the day
with 80-110% humidity and thunderstorms for over 14 of the last 21 days.
The owners are sleeping on the wheel chair platform as it is bare platform
and not warmed up. Or else they are on my book case (Tanada), Mike's night
stand (Qui Gun Kit), the ramp to the kitty enclosure (MCG), the floor
outside Mandy's room (Pine Cone), or under the bed (Sonya and MCG). Some
are actually sleeping on the sheets on our bed as there are no blankets on
my side of the bed. Rob has a quilt as he has a hard time staying warm.
Meow Meow has found a shady place on our porch under one of the benches
there.

Sonya is the only one that has a problem with thunder, she hides under the
bed. The rest come out and watch the light show. We had one storm that
included a cat in most of the windows. The heat is so bad that the air
conditioner isn't cooling below 80 F, though I had to reset the thermostat
to 73 F to get it down that much.

Fridays are our day to go to painting class at the cancer center. I'm still
a lousy artist, Rob is pretty good and Mandy is the best of us at it. We
have fun though and the center has better air conditioning than we do.

Tomorrow we will be throwing Mike's going away dinner at a local Italian
restaurant. I'm going to miss him while he's gone.

Pam S. musing

Old July 31st 08, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez[_2_]

On Jul 31, 4:11*pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
Temperatures are running in the 90s F and even over 100 F during the day
with 80-110% humidity and thunderstorms for over 14 of the last 21 days.

I wish we had some thunderstorms to cool us off a bit. So far this
year we've had 37 days of over 100F (38C) here in Central Texas. And
it's only the middle of the summer!!!

Victor, hoping for rain and dreaming of fall

Old July 31st 08, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
On Jul 31, 4:11 pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
Temperatures are running in the 90s F and even over 100 F during the
day
with 80-110% humidity and thunderstorms for over 14 of the last 21
days.

I wish we had some thunderstorms to cool us off a bit. So far this
year we've had 37 days of over 100F (38C) here in Central Texas. And
it's only the middle of the summer!!!

Victor, hoping for rain and dreaming of fall

I'm dreaming of fall too. But careful of what I hope for.
Thunderstorms were mostly responsible for the smoke we still have in
the air.

Wish there were some way of getting a lot of rain to cool things off
that didn't come with lightening, and didn't leave behind a lot of
humidity to go with the returning heat.

Jo

Old July 31st 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

It is hard to let them go but, that is something we all have to do. I
remember the sadness when they left and the joy when they came home to
visit.
m...

Old August 2nd 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

"Victor Martinez"
On Jul 31, 4:11 pm, "tanadashoes" :
Temperatures are running in the 90s F and even over 100 F during the day
with 80-110% humidity and thunderstorms for over 14 of the last 21 days.

Yeesh, that's hot and humid for sure. When I get overheated, I wring out a
tee shirt in cool water and put it on. I don't go outside innit tho. Don't
wanna scare the neighbors G

I wish we had some thunderstorms to cool us off a bit. So far this
year we've had 37 days of over 100F (38C) here in Central Texas. And
it's only the middle of the summer!!!

It's 4 pm here and 69 degrees...wanna come over?
Kyla

Victor, hoping for rain and dreaming of fall