Hi everyone

Old July 18th 06, 08:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dewi

Default Hi everyone

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I read this ng. I've notice many new people
and many people who are still around from when I was a regular
contributor to RPCA.

For those who don't remember me and/or don't know me, I am the proud
human of 9 cats. Which I now realise is an insane number. However they
are here to stay and I love them to bits. I'm from Australia and use to
be a RPCA addict.

So things have changed a bit for me. I moved to Brisbane (from
Armidale) in January with my hubby (Neil) and my crazy cats (and rats).

Since I last posted, two of my original cats have died; Monty from
feline AIDS and Tink died recently and very suddenly at the vets when
she was under anesthetic (she went in for an x-ray!). Mango went
missing in 2003 (I may have posted about this). This was a stressful
and sad time (as you can imagine) and still makes me feel teary and
guilty.

Since Mango, the cats have been confined to large enclosures, and have
access to part of the house. The cat enclosure is a work in progress,
with extensions, walkways and furniture planned for when my DH gets
leave and when the budget allows. We've worked out how to make
relatively cost effective cat enclosures using orchard netting.

Anyway I look forward to reading more posts.

Cheers,
Dewi.

Old July 18th 06, 10:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Dewi" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Please post some pictures of your cat enclosures. We get many questions on
this newsgroup where they could be helpful to others..

Thanks,
MaryL

Old July 18th 06, 01:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dewi

Hi Mary,

I don't have any photo's of my cat enclosures, however we got the idea
from an Australian company called CatMax (http://www.catmax.com.au/).
Our enclosure is very similar to the CatMax enclosures, with fewer
accessories. As mentioned it's still a work in progress. The catmax
netting is more like cricket netting. We used orchard netting as it was
easy to get hold off and cheaper. It may not be dog proof though. We
attached the netting (using fencing ring clips) to clothes line wire
that has been tightly streatched along the boundary of the enclosure.

When I was in Armidale, the enclosure was a side yard (pretty big at ~
10m x 20m). The netting was streathced over the yard (about 2m above
the ground) and was attached to the fence that surrounded the yard. I
can't get any photo's of this unfortunately as it has been dismantled.

The current enclosure (in Brisbane), encloses a small side yard, the
ground level of a verandah (my house has 2 storeys), and is attached to
a double garage. It's not as nice as the first enclosure as it has no
grass (as yet). I'll try to organise some photo's and post them.

I also chanced across this website that may offer some additional ideas
(http://www.cat-world.com.au/cat-worldenclosures.htm).

If anyone has any questions though, don't hesitate asking.

Old July 18th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Dewi wrote:
It's been a long time since I read this ng. I've notice many new people
and many people who are still around from when I was a regular
contributor to RPCA.

Hi Dewi, welcome back!

Anyway I look forward to reading more posts.

Us too, I'm very sorry to hear about Monty, Tink and Mango. Your
enclosure sounds great, got any pictures?

Victor

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 18th 06, 03:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

Welcome home. I'd love to see pictures of the enclosure as it is a work in
progress.

Belated purrs for Mango, Monty and Tink

Jo

Old July 18th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 00:21:50 -0700, Dewi wrote:

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I read this ng. I've notice many new people
and many people who are still around from when I was a regular
contributor to RPCA.

I remember you! Welcome back.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your loved ones. It can be so very
painful when they leave us.

Old July 18th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanette

"Dewi" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

It's been a long time since I read this ng. I've notice many new people
and many people who are still around from when I was a regular
contributor to RPCA.

Welcome back Dewi! I still remember that lovely picture that your brother
made for me for fundraising. It's nice to see you around again.

Love

Jeanette

Old July 18th 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

hey, we remember you! Welcome back!

Lily & her mama
Jazz (RB)

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old July 18th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

Dewi wrote:
Hi all,

It's been a long time since I read this ng. I've notice many new people
and many people who are still around from when I was a regular
contributor to RPCA.

For those who don't remember me and/or don't know me, I am the proud
human of 9 cats. Which I now realise is an insane number. However they
are here to stay and I love them to bits. I'm from Australia and use to
be a RPCA addict.

SNIP

Anyway I look forward to reading more posts.

Cheers,
Dewi.

Hi Dewi, nice to meet you. Don't think we've met before, as I only
just joined RPCA in the last year or two. I am owned by Francesca a
two and a half year old female brown tabby and her kitten, Nina who is
now two. I adopted Francesca a little over two years ago, not knowing
she was a pregnant teenager as it were, but her kitten was so cute, I
kept her, too. Francesca was a successort of Isadora who went over the
Rainbow Bridge in March 2004. Panther, of blessed memory crossed the RB
this past April.

Melissa

Old July 18th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Dewi" wrote in message
[...]

Its DEWI!!!!!! Welcome back, long time no see! Sorry ot hear about Monty,
Tink and Mango :-( but looking foward to hearing about your clowder again.

Great to see you!

Yowie