Attack kitten!

Old February 20th 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Attack kitten!

Daniel Mahoney wrote:

None of mine do that any more. The only claw issues I have to deal with
are Amelia and Harri climbing into my lap and using claws to hold on, and
Harri's occasional clawful "pick me up" notices.

UPDATE: Last night as I was getting into bed, it seemed like Everett
was going to start attacking my feet every time I moved them. So I
knew it was either going to be: kick him out, which would probably
mean kick everyone else out, too, OR, *clip his claws*! What a notion!

So that's what I did. And it wasn't that hard. He's still young and
not nearly as strong as my adult cats, so it wasn't hard to overpower
him. Of course, he did not like it. But I managed to get 8 front claws
clipped in a short amount of time. And I was not awakened by sharp pains
at any time, yay!

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old February 20th 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"kilikini" wrote in message
Kreisleriana wrote:
"kilikini" wrote in message
Last night, I apparently had a sudden infestation of greeblings and
bed mice at about 3 AM, and Everett was pressed into service. He
attacked my foot with claws fully extended, which pierced through
the comforter and sheet, and then through the thin skin on my
instep. I let out a shriek that should have had the neighbors
calling the cops (although I heard no sirens). Of course, Everett
went flying, as did Licky and Smudge. Roxy isn't so easily scared off,
but she did
get up and change positions groggily.

Since I was up, I went to the bathroom and put peroxide on the
scratch. That keeps it from itching, which in my case can get pretty
intense and keep me up even longer.

When I got back to bed, I dislodged everyone and closed the door. I
know, sounds heartless, but I absolutely *had* to get a decent
night's sleep. They were all happy to see me when I got up several
hours later, so it was worth it. (But I'm still not very
well-rested!) Joyce

I woke up to an attack like that the other night. Tyrone nailed me
right in my rear end! I screamed bloody murder, too! LOL.

kili

Dante is a butt-biter.

Yikes! Thank goodness none of mine have adopted that habit! LOL.

Well, my little (RB) Mimi used to use my butt as a scratching post. I would
be sitting in a chair that would be open in the back, and she would come up
from behind, stand up on her little back paws, and dig into the back of my
jeans with her claws. Dante does his butt-biting when I'm lying in bed.

Old February 20th 08, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Awwww poor hooman. Purrrr
"Daniel Mahoney" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 03:39:11 +0000, bastXXXette wrote:

Last night, I apparently had a sudden infestation of greeblings and
bed mice at about 3 AM, and Everett was pressed into service. He
attacked my foot with claws fully extended, which pierced through the
comforter and sheet, and then through the thin skin on my instep. I
let out a shriek that should have had the neighbors calling the cops
(although I heard no sirens). Of course, Everett went flying, as
did Licky and Smudge. Roxy isn't so easily scared off, but she did
get up and change positions groggily.

None of mine do that any more. The only claw issues I have to deal with
are Amelia and Harri climbing into my lap and using claws to hold on, and
Harri's occasional clawful "pick me up" notices.

For some reason Harri has decided that the best way to ask me to pick her
up is to stand up with her paws on my leg. If I don't respond quickly
enough, or if I've been giving Amelia too much lap time, Harri then
extends all of her front claws and digs them into my leg. That hurts!

I don't know if I'd be able to sleep on a bed without any kitties. I'm so
used to having cats on the bed with me... Though I must admit it sometimes
gets to be a bother when I have to arrange myself around Sammy, Ranger, or
Amelia.

Old February 20th 08, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On Feb 20, 6:33*pm, Outsider wrote:
wrote in news:47bba0df$0$36389
:

Last night, I apparently had a sudden infestation of greeblings and
bed mice at about 3 AM, and Everett was pressed into service. He
attacked my foot with claws fully extended, which pierced through the
comforter and sheet, and then through the thin skin on my instep. I
let out a shriek that should have had the neighbors calling the cops
(although I heard no sirens). Of course, Everett went flying, as
did Licky and Smudge. Roxy isn't so easily scared off, but she did
get up and change positions groggily.

Sounds like you need:

A thicker blanket, thicker socks or ones made of kevlar.- Hide quoted text -

Go for the kevlar. Even with the blanket, go for the kevlar.

Pam S. laughing maniacly
Old February 21st 08, 08:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Feb 19, 10:01*pm, Marina wrote:
wrote:
Last night, I apparently had a sudden infestation of greeblings and
bed mice at about 3 AM, and Everett was pressed into service.

methinks it must have been bedmice. what a good boy everett was for
sorting them. and what did he get for his troubles. booted out the door.
tsk tsk. prepare for payback, joyce.

Winter night bedmice--they're just the worst. Here on the West Coast
we've had an infestation since New Year's. Nina goes under the covers
to check for them just after lights out every night. Fortunately,
while I'm still awake. Or maybe it's the Greebling patrol. We are so
lucky that cats are vigilant in our defense!

Claw clipping though... that's a battle. Both my girls need it and
they both hate having their paws held.

Melissa

RECALL: Lick your chops kitten/cat dry, Evolve kitten and more coming buglady Cat health & behaviour 0 May 18th 07 01:19 PM
attack of a crazy kitten Karen Cat health & behaviour 4 July 1st 04 11:23 PM
attack of the kitten Rach Cat health & behaviour 26 June 16th 04 11:00 PM
attack of the kitten Rach Cats - misc 26 June 16th 04 11:00 PM
attack of the kitten [email protected] Cats - misc 2 May 28th 04 03:37 AM