Rosie's outdoor adventure

Old December 4th 03, 01:43 AM
Annie Wxill

Default Rosie's outdoor adventure

Three or four years (who's counting) after I trapped and tamed her, the
formerly feral Rosie has decided she is interested in going outside. When
the weather is nice, we often leave the back door open, and our other cat,
Cinder likes to go in and out. Until recently, Rosie has been content to sit
in the doorway and look out, or just go out a little ways and lie there.
Today, Rosie went outside, and Jim said he'd keep an eye on her. She had a
great time finding the hiding spots under different bushes and locating all
the sunny spots, while Jim worked on some projects.
After a while, Jim came in and said Rosie had gone over the fence to the
neighbor's yard. His gate was locked, but when I looked through a hole in
the fence, Rosie was calm as anything lounging on the stoop to his garage.
After a couple of hours, the neighbor came home and said we could go into
his yard to fetch Rosie. Except that we couldn't find her. I was sure she
would answer me if I talked to her, but no little Rosie squeak answered
back.
Now, we were getting concerned. Maybe she would revert back. We were about
to scour the neighborhood, when Jim decided to check inside our house.
Sure enough, Rosie had had enough of being outside and was sound asleep on
the bed.

Old December 4th 03, 02:38 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:43:11 -0600, "Annie Wxill"
wrote:

[...]

Way to go, Rosie! Keep it up.
Old December 4th 03, 04:07 AM
badwilson

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message
[...]

LOL! How cute it that?!?! I wish Vino was more like that.
--
Britta
ROT13 to reply

Old December 4th 03, 04:38 AM
Marina

"Annie Wxill" wrote
snip
Sure enough, Rosie had had enough of being outside and was sound asleep on
the bed.

LOL! You had me worried there for a mo.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old December 4th 03, 10:02 PM
polonca12000

I'm so very glad you found her at last. I would have been just as worried as
you.
Best wishes and calming purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snip We were about

Old December 5th 03, 01:29 AM
Annie Wxill

"Marina" wrote in message

LOL! You had me worried there for a mo.
Marina, Frank and Nikki

She had us worried, too. But I suppose she would get a chuckle at the
thought of my crawling around in the dirt with a flashlight, trying to see
if she was under the deck while she was innocently snoozing on my pillow.
No telling what kind of vermin were lurking under that deck.
Annie

Old December 5th 03, 01:36 AM
Annie Wxill

"m. L. Briggs" wrote in message
.... Sure enough, Rosie had had enough of being outside and was sound asleep
on
the bed.

Way to go, Rosie! Keep it up.

We were really relieved to find her there, especially before it got dark
out.
Annie

Old December 5th 03, 01:37 AM
Annie Wxill

"Christine Burel" wrote in message
Sweet story, Annie. Give Rosie some scritches from us.
Christine

Thank you. Rosie really is one very sweet cat.
Annie

Old December 5th 03, 02:52 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 06:38:39 +0200, "Marina"
wrote:

"Annie Wxill" wrote
snip
Sure enough, Rosie had had enough of being outside and was sound asleep on
the bed.

LOL! You had me worried there for a mo.

Sammy used to play that game, dash out, let me chase her all around,
and then sneak inside and watch me through the window. Particulary
effective at night, when it is very difficult to see mostly black
tuxedo kitties. When she first discovered this game she would sit and
watch though the patio door, so I learned to keep an eye out on that
door.

One rainy night I looked all over while Little Bit kept watch at the
glass door - Little Bit being too prissy to go out in the rain. I
eventually started to the truck and get a flashlight. As I passed the
bedroom window I saw a cat backlit from the light in the bathroom, but
had just seen Little Bit in the other room. Sure enough, Sammy had
figured out that I was watching the patio door, so moved her
observation post into the bedroom - LOL
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]