Poll: What Is Your Favorite Seasonal song?

Old December 4th 03, 11:02 AM
Sherry

Default Poll: What Is Your Favorite Seasonal song?

"Feliz Navidad"

The Hawaiian one Bing sings. I don't know how to spell it. "Melakaliki Maka" or
something.
Coventry Carol
Happy Xmas War is Over (not exactly a Christmas carol tho)
The Little Drummer Boy, as performed by Bing Crosby and Davie Bowie.

Sherry
Old December 4th 03, 06:51 PM
Yoj

"Sherry " wrote in message
"Feliz Navidad"

The Hawaiian one Bing sings. I don't know how to spell it. "Melakaliki

Maka" or
something.
Coventry Carol
Happy Xmas War is Over (not exactly a Christmas carol tho)
The Little Drummer Boy, as performed by Bing Crosby and Davie Bowie.

Sherry

Ah, another Bing Crosby fan! I'm going to put on my CD of Bing and
Rosemary Clooney singing Christmas music as soon as I finish my Irish
Tenors CD.

Joy

Old December 5th 03, 12:51 AM
Sherry

Ah, another Bing Crosby fan! I'm going to put on my CD of Bing and
Rosemary Clooney singing Christmas music as soon as I finish my Irish
Tenors CD.

Joy

Yeah, I loved Bing and Rosemary's voice was the perfect complement to his,
don't you think?

Sherry

Old December 5th 03, 01:33 AM
Yowie

"Sherry " wrote in message
"Feliz Navidad"

The Hawaiian one Bing sings. I don't know how to spell it. "Melakaliki

Maka" or
something.
Coventry Carol
Happy Xmas War is Over (not exactly a Christmas carol tho)
The Little Drummer Boy, as performed by Bing Crosby and Davie Bowie.

I love "O Tannenbaum" (in German, although the English one is good too) and
also The Little Drummer Boy ( don't know by who).

And of course "Six White Boomers" by Rolf Harris

I have to agree with people who can't stand the "Christmas" music thats
piped out by October in the malls, but hearing a choir sing the classic
Christmas carols properly without any instrumental backing always makes me
feel a bit more "in the spirit of the season", being a bahhumbug type
myself.

Oh, and I have *no idea* about half these songs that you folks are
mentioning, obviously they haven't reached to down here in Oz yet.

Still, it seems a bit odd singing about cold winter's nights, sleighs,
reindeer, holly etc etc, when we are baking in 100F or over

Yowie

Old December 5th 03, 05:17 AM
Hopitus2

Yeah, Yowie, it's in the low 80's in south Florida and probably stay like
that through the holidays. We won't have none of that stuff, either, just
the festivities. The stores and malls here play carols, etc.anyway, no doubt
hoping to put us in a "spending mood". After all, most of the population
down here are "transplants" from places where they fled to escape the cold
and all its duties/strange clothes/inconveniences......only to gripe to us
natives, "we sure miss the change of seasons!";LOL.

"Yowie" wrote in message
: "Sherry " wrote in message
: ...
: "Feliz Navidad"