My cat had his ear bitten half off!

Old September 30th 03, 10:11 PM
JHBennett

Default My cat had his ear bitten half off!

Check on the whereabouts of Mike Tyson, it could be he fought a match well
outside his weight division.
Cheers,
Jack

Old September 30th 03, 11:14 PM
Sherry

Senna, the big ginger tom, came home a few days ago with a scab by the
base of his ear. I figured he'd been in a fight, he does that all the
time, he just doesn't know what standing down is.

The next day when I got home, he was lying on the bed. As I approached
him there was a horrible smell, coming from his ear! I figured he had
earmites that caused an infection, since that happened once before.

He was feeling quite sick, I could tell, so I took him to the vet
right away. She checked his ear and it was clean on the inside. Upon
futher inspection, it turned out he had a wound by his ear that had
infected. He has been bitten right though the base of his ear, near
that foldy bit. There was even some dead flesh in the wound. Gross!

I guess he met his match! Anyway he got some shots and is on
antibiotics now, and is feeling much better.

JM

Senna says you forgot to tell everyone... "Yeah, but you should see the *other*
guy."
Don't feel bad about letting it abscss before you found it. Once Frank had an
abscess and I didn't even know it till he started smelling. It was hidden under
all that hair. He smelled like a dirty dishrag. A trip to the vet, some
antiobiotics and he was good as new in less than a week. Senna will be too.
Sherry
Old October 2nd 03, 09:15 AM
Adrian

JHBennett wrote:
Check on the whereabouts of Mike Tyson, it could be he fought a match
well outside his weight division.
Cheers,
Jack

LOL