Crackle Sack Update

Old April 10th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Crackle Sack Update

Persia still thinks this is the perfect thing to knead on; I hear "crackle,
crackle, crackle" all day long. She charges it; shoves it around; naps on
it. She's completely ignoring the small cat tree cradle she used to lounge
on. She doesn't want to go out in her kitty walk (okay, so it's been stormy
and raining, but still...).

I will say she sometimes leaves it to come snuggle with me when I'm on the
couch watching a movie, or to lounge on me when I'm reading a book. And she
still sleeps with me for a couple of hours. But mostly, she's so enamoured
of this crackle sack that she spends more time on the crackle sack than she
does watching the birds on the patio, even when the windows are open and
there are birds chirping outside.

I think this development is disturbing since I'm not getting nearly as much
'Persia time' as I used to. She's not even dreaming about her boyfriend
Weeble! She just rolls around on the crackle sack and meows when I walk by,
as if to throw me a bone (so to speak) of her attention. The crackle sack
is *evil*

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...46690505iTllYk

http://tinyurl.com/hkb6e

Jill

Old April 10th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 20:15:15 -0500, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

[...]

Uh oh! That's why it's the CRACK-le sack!
Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old April 10th 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I will say she sometimes leaves it to come snuggle with me when I'm on the
couch watching a movie, or to lounge on me when I'm reading a book. And she
still sleeps with me for a couple of hours. But mostly, she's so enamoured
of this crackle sack that she spends more time on the crackle sack than she
does watching the birds on the patio, even when the windows are open and
there are birds chirping outside.

Well, if you were a REALLY GOOD meowmie, you'd put her crackle sack
somewhere where she could lounge on it AND watch birdies.....

Or is it just me who chose the apartment with the floor-to-ceiling
windows just for the cat?
My living room has an entire wall of glass (patio doors), so she spends
most of her time somewhere in front of that window..
Yes, her little round fuzzy bed is there, too.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old April 10th 06, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-10, Jane penned:

Or is it just me who chose the apartment with the floor-to-ceiling
windows just for the cat? My living room has an entire wall of
glass (patio doors), so she spends most of her time somewhere in
front of that window.. Yes, her little round fuzzy bed is there,
too.

Just you. I don't want to have to feel nervous about wandering around
naked in my own house.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 10th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jane" wrote in message

Well, if you were a REALLY GOOD meowmie, you'd put her crackle sack
somewhere where she could lounge on it AND watch birdies.....

Or is it just me who chose the apartment with the floor-to-ceiling
windows just for the cat?
My living room has an entire wall of glass (patio doors), so she spends
most of her time somewhere in front of that window..
Yes, her little round fuzzy bed is there, too.

I also have a floor-to-ceiling room which is taken over by Rusty. Its the
room with the best
view of the river nearby. He looked so content having an
afternoon nap yesterday in the sun after I mopped and vaccumed his room.

Winnie

Old April 10th 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In article ,
On 2006-04-10, Jane penned:

Or is it just me who chose the apartment with the floor-to-ceiling
windows just for the cat? My living room has an entire wall of
glass (patio doors), so she spends most of her time somewhere in
front of that window.. Yes, her little round fuzzy bed is there,
too.

Just you. I don't want to have to feel nervous about wandering around
naked in my own house.

LOL! I'm on the 2nd floor, so it's not so bad. The vertical blinds are
good at keeping prying eyes out but letting the cat see, AND, the
windows are at the opposite end of the room from where I usually hang
out.
However, I also don't wander around naked too often. It scares the cat.

Old April 10th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-10, Jane penned:
In article , Monique Y.
Mudama wrote:

Just you. I don't want to have to feel nervous about wandering
around naked in my own house.

LOL! I'm on the 2nd floor, so it's not so bad. The vertical blinds
are good at keeping prying eyes out but letting the cat see, AND,
the windows are at the opposite end of the room from where I usually
hang out. However, I also don't wander around naked too often. It
scares the cat.

Actually, when I got Oscar, I lived in a second floor apartment. It
*had* blinds ... until she ate all the cords holding them together.
The windows were huge, and I took to changing in the very small
bathroom. Rather annoying.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 10th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jane wrote:
I will say she sometimes leaves it to come snuggle with me when I'm
on the couch watching a movie, or to lounge on me when I'm reading
a book. And she still sleeps with me for a couple of hours. But
mostly, she's so enamoured of this crackle sack that she spends
more time on the crackle sack than she does watching the birds on
the patio, even when the windows are open and there are birds
chirping outside.

Well, if you were a REALLY GOOD meowmie, you'd put her crackle sack
somewhere where she could lounge on it AND watch birdies.....

If my perpetually packed suitcase wasn't in front of the sliding glass doors
in my bedroom I'd put it there. But alas, I never know when I'm going to
have to catch a plane so the suitcase sits there, just waiting for a few
items to be changed out depending on the weather. She does have a nice
little pillow in front of those doors, too.

Old April 10th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christine K. wrote:

I also have a floor-to-ceiling room

I'm so sorry, but this just cracked me up...
And I do know what you mean, but you just happened to leave it out...

LOL, I'm wondering what a room that *isn't* floor-to-ceiling would
look like.

Joyce
Old April 11th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Oops! Needs better proof reading before posting. -- Winnie

"Christine K." wrote in message
W. Leong wrote:

I also have a floor-to-ceiling room

snip

I'm so sorry, but this just cracked me up...
And I do know what you mean, but you just happened to leave it out...

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com