Crackle Sack Update

Old April 11th 06, 12:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Crackle Sack Update

LOL! I'm on the 2nd floor, so it's not so bad. The vertical blinds
are good at keeping prying eyes out but letting the cat see, AND,
the windows are at the opposite end of the room from where I usually
hang out. However, I also don't wander around naked too often. It
scares the cat.

Actually, when I got Oscar, I lived in a second floor apartment. It
*had* blinds ... until she ate all the cords holding them together.
The windows were huge, and I took to changing in the very small
bathroom. Rather annoying.

Ah. Vertical blinds. No cords. Just bars way up on top that I twist
to make the slats turn to open or close. Pull apart to open them
entirely when the door is opened so the Princess can smell the OUT.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old April 11th 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
Persia still thinks this is the perfect thing to knead on; I hear
"crackle, crackle, crackle" all day long. She charges it; shoves it
around; naps on it. She's completely ignoring the small cat tree
cradle she used to lounge on. She doesn't want to go out in her
kitty walk (okay, so it's been stormy and raining, but still...).

I will say she sometimes leaves it to come snuggle with me when I'm
on the couch watching a movie, or to lounge on me when I'm reading a
book. And she still sleeps with me for a couple of hours. But
mostly, she's so enamored of this crackle sack that she spends more
time on the crackle sack than she does watching the birds on the
patio, even when the windows are open and there are birds chirping
outside.

I think this development is disturbing since I'm not getting nearly
as much 'Persia time' as I used to. She's not even dreaming about
her boyfriend Weeble! She just rolls around on the crackle sack and
meows when I walk by, as if to throw me a bone (so to speak) of her
attention. The crackle sack is *evil*

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...46690505iTllYk

http://tinyurl.com/hkb6e

Jill

I glads dat My Preshus Persia has a new toy, but sads cuz she not dreemin
bowt me no more (Mommy say dat a sad face)

I glads wen I dreemz bowt My Preshus Persia, witch is alla da tiym!!!

Weebles

Old April 11th 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jane" wrote in message

Ah. Vertical blinds. No cords. Just bars way up on top that I twist
to make the slats turn to open or close. Pull apart to open them
entirely when the door is opened so the Princess can smell the OUT.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Yes vertical blinds work quite well here too, espeically in his room
with floor to ceiliing windows. When he wanted to look outside and the
blinds were
drawn, he just walked behind the blinds.

Winnie

Old April 14th 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

W. Leong wrote:
"Jane" wrote in message

Ah. Vertical blinds. No cords. Just bars way up on top that I twist
to make the slats turn to open or close. Pull apart to open them
entirely when the door is opened so the Princess can smell the OUT.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Yes vertical blinds work quite well here too, espeically in his room
with floor to ceiliing windows. When he wanted to look outside and
the blinds were
drawn, he just walked behind the blinds.

Winnie

I have those in my bedroom along the sliding glass doors. She just parts
them and sits behind them when she wants to look outside. The horizontal
window blinds I leave raised up about 6 inches so she doesn't have to claw
her way to get to the window to look out. Persia is, thankfully, not a
destructive cat. She can be quite tenacious, but she's not destroyed
anything belonging to the apartment yet. She did knock over my corner plant
stand and smash some potted plants beyond redemption when she saw a cat on
my patio, but that was a long time ago.

Jill

Old April 14th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Sir Weeble Wobblybottom wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
I think this development is disturbing since I'm not getting nearly
as much 'Persia time' as I used to. She's not even dreaming about
her boyfriend Weeble! She just rolls around on the crackle sack and
meows when I walk by, as if to throw me a bone (so to speak) of her
attention. The crackle sack is *evil*

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...46690505iTllYk

http://tinyurl.com/hkb6e

Jill

I glads dat My Preshus Persia has a new toy, but sads cuz she not
dreemin bowt me no more (Mommy say dat a sad face)

I glads wen I dreemz bowt My Preshus Persia, witch is alla da tiym!!!

Weebles

Dearest Weebles,

I ams too dreemin bowt yu! Mommy wuz meen to sayz I wuz not! I dreemz
abowt yu onna crackle sak fing. (it is da fun toy) She doan noze whut I
dreem. Doan lisen!

Persia

Old April 14th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Fang goodness! I thotted yoo forget all abouwt me, havin two much fun wif
da sack! I plays wif My Purple Puffball sometimes, and I efun lets baby
sisfur Betty play wif it (but sometiymz she play wif da Pink Puffball)

Old April 14th 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

I is getting old, Weebles. Mommy sais I is SEVEN. I still playce wif da
puff balls sumtymes but mostly I sleeps wif momma or in da kloset or onna
crackle sak. I likes to sleep.

She called sum mens to come get da "frigerator" off da patio today so she
can get rid of da PINE NEEDLS from my kitty walk an sweep da patio wif da
big BRUM an we can sit out dere an watch da birdies. Dat will be gud! I'll
watch da birdies and fink of my preshus Weebles while mommy reads da buk.

Kitty Hugs,
Persia