Update Pandora.

Old April 11th 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Update Pandora.

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 21:26:44 +0000 (UTC), "Helen Miles"
wrote:

Pandora got checked again by her vet this evening as she is still
hideously lame. He believes that she has infact either torn or ruptured
her cruciate ligament in her left knee. (

My little girl has stuffed herself up good. We have to wait for another
few weeks, to see how it goes, and then she may be facing a very
expensive surgery. Please purr and send prayers that she is on the mend
soon and she can avoid the operation, because at this juncture I have
absolutely no idea how I am going to be able to afford it if she needs
it.

I am gutted to say the least.

Helen M

{{{{Helen}}}}}

Purrs on the way for poor Pandora.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)
Old April 11th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Exocat" wrote in message

Purrs for you both: don't delay the surgery if she _does_ need it: I can
and certainly will help out if needed and I'm sure there will be
others...

Best
Gordon & the FF///

Thank you for the offer - it is very much appreciated. Hopefully with
the latest news, it won't come to an op. )

Helen M

Old April 11th 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Lesley" wrote in message
oups.com

I can spare a little if needs be. (Thankfully the Furballs- touch wood!
Haven't yet cost me a fortune through the way Redunzel falls off things
I'm sure it's only a matter of time!)///

Thanks Lesley, the offer is much appreciated, although now it hopefully
won't come to Panda needing an op.

Helen M

Old April 11th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message

Don't worry about the cost, let's focus on getting her back on her feet.

Lots of purrs.///

Hopefully, that will be sooner rather than later. The depo shot she had
this evening seems to be helping considerably. She's finding it a little
easier to move about.

Helen m

Old April 12th 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Helen Miles" wrote:
Pandora got checked again by her vet this evening as she is still
hideously lame. He believes that she has infact either torn or ruptured
her cruciate ligament in her left knee. (

Ow! Poor girl. Purrs that it will heal.

Old April 13th 06, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:20a5833a91000bd5c6ba4f8c92ee4a61.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
Pandora got checked again by her vet this evening as she is still
hideously lame. He believes that she has infact either torn or ruptured
her cruciate ligament in her left knee. (

My little girl has stuffed herself up good. We have to wait for another
few weeks, to see how it goes, and then she may be facing a very
expensive surgery. Please purr and send prayers that she is on the mend
soon and she can avoid the operation, because at this juncture I have
absolutely no idea how I am going to be able to afford it if she needs
it.

I am gutted to say the least.

Oh dear. Lots of purrs that it will improve without surgery. Vet treatment
seems to cost an incredible amount lately.
If it turns out that she *does* need surgery in the end, if your income is
small/erratic and you have no savings to speak of, have you thought that you
could take her to the PDSA if there is one near you, or the Blue Cross?
They are there for just this sort of circumstance.
I'm a fundraiser for the PDSA (People's Dispensary for Sick Animals for
those not in the UK) It's a charity that provides veterinary care for
people who cannot - for whatever reason - afford private vet treatment for
their pet.
It's a cause that is particularly close to my heart. When I was 15 a dog
that was very beloved to me had to be put to sleep because of lack of funds
for an operation which would have cured her. She had pyometra, a
life-threatening womb infection, and would have been saved had the money
been available for her hysterectomy. She was only 8 years old.

One way I raise funds is to put all the copper coins out of my purse into a
jar and when it's full I take it to the bank and get it transferred to the
PDSA account. When my neighbour grew far too many runner beans, I went
round and picked them every day, bagged them up, sold them at work and sent
the money to the PDSA.

I can't imagine much worse than your beloved pet (whatever it might be)
becoming ill and not being able to afford the treatment, because it can mean
a death sentence if you can't.
The grief and the guilt would be terrible. That's another reason why I try
and raise money for the PDSA.

Tweed

Old April 13th 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

I can't imagine much worse than your beloved pet (whatever it might be)
becoming ill and not being able to afford the treatment, because it can mean
a death sentence if you can't.
The grief and the guilt would be terrible. That's another reason why I try
and raise money for the PDSA.////

Fortunately, at this juncture I have the eventuality covered. The minute
I have some cash, they're getting insured again - except Tiger is
uninsurable with his heart problems. The problem with the PDSA (I
looked into it) is that you *DO* have to be recieving some form of
hosuing or council tax benefit to qualify. Unfortunately, I don't. (

I'm in the process of liquidising some assets so that it won't crop up.
I do however find it particularly odd that my financial circumstances
are dire at the moment but I'm liquidising assets not for me, but for a
trust fund for the kids. Pandoras accident was a wake up call for me.

Helen M

Old April 14th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:9e62d4390136fe78793503692404982e.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

I can't imagine much worse than your beloved pet (whatever it might be)
becoming ill and not being able to afford the treatment, because it can
mean
a death sentence if you can't.
The grief and the guilt would be terrible. That's another reason why I
try
and raise money for the PDSA.////

Fortunately, at this juncture I have the eventuality covered. The minute
I have some cash, they're getting insured again - except Tiger is
uninsurable with his heart problems. The problem with the PDSA (I
looked into it) is that you *DO* have to be recieving some form of
hosuing or council tax benefit to qualify. Unfortunately, I don't. (

What a pity, I hoped you would qualify.

I'm in the process of liquidising some assets so that it won't crop up.
I do however find it particularly odd that my financial circumstances
are dire at the moment but I'm liquidising assets not for me, but for a
trust fund for the kids. Pandoras accident was a wake up call for me.

It's not odd at all. I try to have money put away in a separate bank
account for vets bills for the cats & birds but I don't earn a lot and
Enid's vet bill will stretch it. I know how you feel.
I shall ask the vet if he will accept £50/month towards Enid's vet bill. I
think he probably will because she's dead.
Would your vet offer to take payments? Mine usually do.

Tweed