Ranger the video star!

Old April 12th 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Ranger the video star!

This Saturday the local Humane Society sponsored "A Walk In The Park", an
event where folks were invited to come to the San Bernardino baseball
stadium. The attendees were invited to bring their pets with them, and
join in a walk around the stadium.

I'd estimate there were two or three hundred people present, most of them
with dogs. Nancy filmed a short video clip for the newspaper, and it's
online at http://lang.sbsun.com/video/20060408_SBHumaneSoc.wmv. There is a
very short (second or two) clip of Ranger on my shoulder, near the middle
of the video.

What made the day interesting for us was that Ranger made the rounds too!
He was the only kitty there, and he was such a brave kittyboy - he was
perfectly comfortable, even around all the doggies, and had a great time
riding around on my shoulder. Dozens of people stopped to pet and admire
the beautiful, brave kitty. It had been my intention to enter Ranger in
the "Longest Tail" contest, but they rescheduled the contest to an hour
later than originally planned, and I didn't Ranger would appreciate
hanging around that long.
Old April 12th 06, 07:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dan M wrote:

I'd estimate there were two or three hundred people present, most of them
with dogs. Nancy filmed a short video clip for the newspaper, and it's
online at http://lang.sbsun.com/video/20060408_SBHumaneSoc.wmv. There is a
very short (second or two) clip of Ranger on my shoulder, near the middle
of the video.

Cute! He looks cautious but not at all freaked out.

Joyce
Old April 12th 06, 12:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dan M wrote:
[...]

It looks like a good day out. I hope they raised pleanty of money to help
the animals.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 12th 06, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dan M wrote:
[...]

We have a Walk for the Animals here too!! Ours is on the first Saturday in
October! They actually do a walk-a-thon type thing, walking the dogs
downtown around the square (and yes, people do a collection to 'sponsor'
their dog in the walk-a-thon, monies going to the Monroe County Humane
Association (MCHA)), with plenty of doggie-doo baggies at hand! We usually
don't have a band, though, just local radio personalities and a DJ.

Never seen a cat at one though - Ranger is a *brave* kitty!!!

Old April 12th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dan M wrote:
Nancy filmed a short video clip for the newspaper, and it's
online at http://lang.sbsun.com/video/20060408_SBHumaneSoc.wmv.

Wah! I can't get it!

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old April 12th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
Dan M wrote:
Nancy filmed a short video clip for the newspaper, and it's
online at http://lang.sbsun.com/video/20060408_SBHumaneSoc.wmv.

Wah! I can't get it!

Worked fine for me, on Firefox and Windows Media Player (FF started WMP)
Would have been nice to be there with all those animals present.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old April 12th 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 20:51:27 +0300, Marina wrote:

Dan M wrote:
Nancy filmed a short video clip for the newspaper, and it's
online at http://lang.sbsun.com/video/20060408_SBHumaneSoc.wmv.

Wah! I can't get it!

I can e-mail it to you if you'd like. It's currently a mwv (windows
media). I can transcode it to a quicktime or avi if that would work better
for you.

Dan
Old April 12th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Dan M" wrote in message
news
[...]

Yay! for brave Ranger Greykitten. Boyfriend sez he'd give Ranger a run for
his money in a long tail competition ;-)
Unfortunately though he wouldn't be brave enough to take part in one. He
was sleeping quite peacefully on the settee today and someone knocked on the
door so he shot up and ran for the back door. It was closed and he panicked
and tried to hide. He could not be allowed out as the terrier men were here
for another rat hunt.
He would have to just send a photo..

Tweed

Old April 13th 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I can play wmv ok, so please send it. Thank you so much, Dan!

Ok, it's on it's way.

A very 'citing morning! Ranger Greykitten Mahoney Cat community 9 April 12th 06 11:28 PM
Poor Ranger! Dan M Cat anecdotes 8 June 18th 05 06:21 AM
Ranger kitten progress Dan and Nancy Mahoney Cat anecdotes 52 May 19th 05 04:19 AM
Ranger is learning! Dan and Nancy Mahoney Cat anecdotes 2 May 18th 05 10:47 PM
Needed-declawed cat in LA for educ. video Mary Cat health & behaviour 4 January 11th 05 04:37 AM