Abelard the Tough Guy - hahahahaha!!

Old April 13th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Abelard the Tough Guy - hahahahaha!!

Oh how I wish I had this on video to share with you all!

I've been doing some work at the computer, not really watching the cat show
very closely, but catching a glimpse here and there. This evening it's been
mostly Eli and Beatrice wrestling, but a while ago Abelard and Billy got
into it.

When I decided to 'tune in' for that part of the show, Abelard and Billy the
giant-by-comparison were having a full-on wrestling match complete with
bunny kicking, tail switching, boxing, the works. Finally Billy decided he'd
had enough, Abelard was undefeatable tonight, and walked away. But Abelard
followed him, tapped him on the hip, and they sat down facing one another
for a staring match.

From my vantage point I could see Abelard's face... As his eyes grew
narrower and meaner, Billy started to back off slowly.... Abelard's tail
went into high gear and he stared for all he was worth.... and Billy then
flopped over on his side and exposed his belly.

This is the first time since Billy reached adult size that I've seen him
lose any ground to Abelard - who has now assumed the 'proud lion' pose and
is gloating over his victory.

Old April 13th 06, 07:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message
Oh how I wish I had this on video to share with you all!

I've been doing some work at the computer, not really watching the cat
show very closely, but catching a glimpse here and there. This evening
it's been mostly Eli and Beatrice wrestling, but a while ago Abelard and
Billy got into it.

When I decided to 'tune in' for that part of the show, Abelard and Billy
the giant-by-comparison were having a full-on wrestling match complete
with bunny kicking, tail switching, boxing, the works. Finally Billy
decided he'd had enough, Abelard was undefeatable tonight, and walked
away. But Abelard followed him, tapped him on the hip, and they sat down
facing one another for a staring match.

From my vantage point I could see Abelard's face... As his eyes grew
narrower and meaner, Billy started to back off slowly.... Abelard's tail
went into high gear and he stared for all he was worth.... and Billy then
flopped over on his side and exposed his belly.

This is the first time since Billy reached adult size that I've seen him
lose any ground to Abelard - who has now assumed the 'proud lion' pose and
is gloating over his victory.

I just love the images here. Especially Abelard, king by attitude alone.

Jo

Old April 13th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wow, sounds like Abelard has really blossomed since the move. Sweet little
boy. How's Eli doing?
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
"Pat" wrote in message
Oh how I wish I had this on video to share with you all!

I've been doing some work at the computer, not really watching the cat
show very closely, but catching a glimpse here and there. This evening
it's been mostly Eli and Beatrice wrestling, but a while ago Abelard and
Billy got into it.

When I decided to 'tune in' for that part of the show, Abelard and Billy
the giant-by-comparison were having a full-on wrestling match complete
with bunny kicking, tail switching, boxing, the works. Finally Billy
decided he'd had enough, Abelard was undefeatable tonight, and walked
away. But Abelard followed him, tapped him on the hip, and they sat down
facing one another for a staring match.

From my vantage point I could see Abelard's face... As his eyes grew

Old April 13th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wow, sounds like Abelard has really blossomed since the move. Sweet little
boy. How's Eli doing?

Eli seems much calmer, but it's probably due only to the Feliway in the air.
He occasionally drifts back into his 'old self' for a few moments. I've seen
him several times walk toward another cat with his head pointing slightly
sideways and down, back slightly arched, and ears slightly back, like he's
planning to attack. At such times I talk to him "Eli, what are you doing?
Why you wanna be a bad boy, Eli?" and he quits right away. He has not
sprayed in here to my knowledge (and I wouldn't necessarily need to see it
happen to know if he's done it, the smell would give it away).

My only real complaint about him now is that often when he pees he is not
crouched down low enough and even though he's using the box, the tile floor
gets wet. But then he scrapes litter out of the box to soak it up, so it's
not that bad.

Old April 13th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message
[...]

You need a "backboard".

Old April 13th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

when he pees he is not crouched down low enough and even though
he's using the box, the tile floor gets wet. But then he scrapes litter
out of the box to soak it up, so it's not that bad.

You need a "backboard".

What about when it goes over the "front" of the box (which it usually does)?

Old April 13th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message
when he pees he is not crouched down low enough and even though
he's using the box, the tile floor gets wet. But then he scrapes litter
out of the box to soak it up, so it's not that bad.

You need a "backboard".

What about when it goes over the "front" of the box (which it usually
does)?

You really can't win with a cat that figures if his front paws and in the
litter box, he's good to go.

Jo

Old April 13th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
when he pees he is not crouched down low enough and even though
he's using the box, the tile floor gets wet. But then he scrapes
litter out of the box to soak it up, so it's not that bad.

You need a "backboard".

What about when it goes over the "front" of the box (which it usually
does)?

We've always used the "hooded" variety of litterboxes - and gotten no
complaints from the bosses (except when we don't scoop them in a timely
manner).

Van Ness is the least expensive brand - we dispose of the door-flap and
rarely use the 'filters' that they have (not that they work anyway, not with
Stinky Ping Poo)

http://www.vannessplastic.com/

Old April 13th 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

when he pees he is not crouched down low enough and even though
he's using the box, the tile floor gets wet. But then he scrapes
litter out of the box to soak it up, so it's not that bad.

You need a "backboard".

What about when it goes over the "front" of the box (which it usually
does)?

We've always used the "hooded" variety of litterboxes - and gotten no
complaints from the bosses (except when we don't scoop them in a timely
manner).

Van Ness is the least expensive brand - we dispose of the door-flap and
rarely use the 'filters' that they have (not that they work anyway, not
with Stinky Ping Poo)

http://www.vannessplastic.com/

It's a hooded box that he is using. But he almost always manages to pee
straight out the front door!