I give

Old March 6th 11, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_10_]

Default I give !!

Oh hai
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolcat

Heerz what ai faownd on wiki for yew
Hope diz hulps yew
Mosey

Would 'FTC' work? I seem to recall there is an official 'meow-speak' list
and read it once, but can't find it now. I don't think it listed a lesser
sort of 'friendly to cats' title other than HC. That's where the confusion
crept in.

As has been mentioned, there aren't that many 'new folks' joining this group
so it's easy to forget what we can be confused by.

Meantime, at Chez Shenk's, Aunti Mabel just got back from the vets after
some blood work was drawn. She's got possibly the first dental of her life
tomorrow. She's baby-gated back here with me knarfing a special bone, sized
just for her. It's about 5 inches long, maybe 1 inch thick, knobs are about
2 or were as she's rapidly chomping them. One of those beef bones covered
with a bit of meat still and baked hard so it's safe. She's a 14 year old
'puppy' we just rescued this past late November. Beagle BTW generally are
short lived, with 9 being very elderly. Completely deaf and spayed only
this past July (was apparently pregnant at the time). Had heartworms but
came through treatment with flying colors. Cataracts but not too bad and a
long ago broken tail. Gets occasionally a little confused on housebreaking
(she wasn't when we got her, she'd been an outdoor pooch used as a breeder
by a hunter it seems). Beagle mix but a little bigger than classic and a
faint look of almost 'scent-hound' to her face and backend. She shows no
sign of actual mistreatment, just no medical treatment. Probably never had
her shots.

Cash is in the living room with a bone sized for him. It's about 14 inches
long, thinnest part is 2 inches across and the knobs on the ends are about 7
across. My big goofy show-off picked it up and is carrying it around
settling in for a little nibble here and there. He's a beagle mix to but it
looks like the other side was a bull mastiff. Though Mabel is a traditional
tri-color, he's the tan and white version. Had a very bad case of heartworms
when found, he almost didn't survive the treatment and came to us at 27 lbs.
You could see every vertebrae. He's got systemic damage in multiple
locations from the heartworms but his weight when in proper shape is 52-54
lbs. He's a bit fat now at 59 but as the weather is warming up and he can
get more exercise, he'll trim back quickly. He showed some signs of
mistreatment but is so good natured, it's hard to tell and he's long
forgotten anything other than being terrified of bathrooms.

Daisy-Chan is on the back of the sofa lording it over the household as all
cats do. She's playing with a shrimp head. Ooops, she was. She ate all
the best parts and did her normal trick of meowing to catch Cash's attention
then dropping the rest on his head. Snap, it's gone. ;-) She's also a
rescue but her case is very different. She was totally and completely feral
for an estimated 6 years. She 'probably' had a kitten hood to some extent
in a house but that's only conjecture because she LOVES dogs and her ribs
were once broken in just the pattern of an uncontrolled toddler 'hugging
kitty'. We caught her sleeping in sin with Cash (who loves cats) on her 3rd
day home. She has no medical issues but the rap sheet was a mile long on
her. Basically, all the behavioral issues you should expect with a long
time feral and even the foster moms couldn't handle her. She went through 5
in 18 months (4 months of that or so spent in a cage at petsmart) She's not
and never will be a total 'lap kitty' but with our experience, she was easy
to handle. With the fosters, they would not see her for 8 weeks then she
would come out, and they'd pass her on within a week or so evidently.
Resurrecting ferals is not for the faint of heart or the inexperienced! She
shows many signs of mis-treatment at kittenhood and we had a rib re-broken
and set correctly at last. To this day, I warn freecyclers arriving here,
no toddlers or children allowed inside unless you warn me and I have her
locked up (She will hide but if they corner her, she's dangerous).

What do these 3 have in common other than being rescues? Grin, they sleep
in a pile together (yes, even Aunti Mabel with Daisy-Chan) and though Aunti
Mabel was not assessed with cats when she came to us, she obviously decided
she's gotta likes cats to stay here! Within a week or so, she was playing
with the cat. They take turns chasing one another and it's hilarious to see
an 11 lb cat chasing a 25 and a 59 lb beagle then they swap and it may be a
25 lb beagle chasing an 11 lb cat who's chasing a 59 lb beagle or any
variation on the theme.

As I've been typo-ing to you, Aunti Mabel is still destructifying her bone
happily. Those 3 teeth they said they want to pull for 1,500$? Hell no!
Just a good dental cleaning please. She obviously is not in any tooth pain
and at her age, pulling 3 back molars at once could kill the poor old lady
in the painful healing phases (stopping eating and all that). Lets just
smile, as she has her happy final indoor home and indian summer.

Grin, I guess I have 1 Cat and 2 FTC's?

Carol

"Rebecca" wrote in message
Mebbe if we kan git a difint... defni... a list uv hoo da HCs akshooally
are, we kud onner dem eech yeer at da Jellicle Ball.

Rebecca

"cshenk" wrote in message
Dunno but others started calling a few of the dogs (who live in cat
households) HC's when I came in and pretty soon Cash and Aunti Mabel got
called that too. Now the fish and 2 pet skunks (grin). (I think Pepe
and Gigi were described so).

Probably if there's an official 'list' new folks don't know about it so
don't know there's some sort of discussion that's been done in the past.
Harmless and easy to tell in a story 'what's what'.

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
wasn't the dog miranda banda made an hc? soft
"Anti Sandy" wrote in message
"cshenk" wrote in message
snipped

I have some really fun ideas for WooToo and da Bear as well! Humm,
just need to know if WooToo is an HC or not and sex. I latched on the
name as being sorta pekinese-ish but haven't used a sex or designation
yet because of that.

"HC" stands for "honorary cat", and is a privilege specifically
conferred upon especially deserving humans after discussion within the
community. The HCs I'm aware of are Unka Fred and Unka Dan. WooToo is
an actual cat (female, I believe), so not an honorary one. As far as I
know, no dogs or other non-feline animals have ever been made HCs,
although I guess they could be.

Anti Sandy

Old March 6th 11, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_10_]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolcat
Heerz what ai faownd on wiki for yew
Hope diz hulps yew n gnot tew wurry..nope. Umkay?

Old March 6th 11, 08:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

i thinkz it needsa be its own day beclawz we duzint wanna tak away furm
yourown purr day or the honor of beina h/c, OEJ
"Mosey =^..^=" wrote in message
ai fink dat wee shud hab uh speshul partee, mai purrdai iz May 1 n ai wyl
be 9 den n wee cud hab uh partee at me n mai wink's MeOwy's big hoam,
wiff lotza nip n stuff. Haow duz dat saownd? Mosey

i wunner how we kuld getsa lizt? anna i wunner if it shuld wiffa ball or
a seperate celibrashun? OEJ, alwayz lukin fura rezun fura partee

"Anti Sandy" wrote in message
"cshenk" wrote in message
snipped

I have some really fun ideas for WooToo and da Bear as well! Humm,
just need to know if WooToo is an HC or not and sex. I latched on
the name as being sorta pekinese-ish but haven't used a sex or
designation yet because of that.

"HC" stands for "honorary cat", and is a privilege specifically
conferred upon especially deserving humans after discussion within the
community. The HCs I'm aware of are Unka Fred and Unka Dan. WooToo is
an actual cat (female, I believe), so not an honorary one. As far as I
know, no dogs or other non-feline animals have ever been made HCs,
although I guess they could be.

Anti Sandy

I give up. James Cat health & behaviour 9 February 4th 09 09:18 PM
Just give it a try.. I have to tell someone [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 1 May 12th 06 03:03 AM
Give this a try... I had to tell you all [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 May 9th 06 10:15 PM
I give up OT Marina Cat anecdotes 19 December 24th 05 10:54 PM
Give this a try ;-) JHBennett Cat anecdotes 15 September 24th 03 07:32 AM