Shook Up Persia's World

Old July 11th 12, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Shook Up Persia's World

Persia likes to nap on the bed in the guest bedroom. (It's odd, she sleeps
on my bed at night but never during the day.) This afternoon I felt like
taking a nap, too, so I decided to join her. I turned on the ceiling fan,
pulled up a quilt, petted her and said I was going to take a nap. She
meowed at me. She put her paw on me and stared at me as if to ask, "What
are *you* doing in here?!" She kept her paw on me and just kept staring.
Then she started purring really loudly. And it wasn't a comfortable purr.
She was disconcerted because I've never joined her before on that bed. She
didn't know what to do. And apparently she lost touch with the Mothership.

I say, hey, Persia, we share the house. I open closet doors when you meow
at them, telling me they shouldn't be closed. (She has to go in and check
them for greeblings every few days, you know.) I feed you and give you
fresh water. You snuggle next to me most days while I'm on the couch
reading or watching TV. I provide plenty of entertainment for you in the
form of feeding birds. I let you sleep wherever you want. And most nights
you sleep with me. So guess what? I get do that, too

Jill

Old July 11th 12, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I enjoyed your post, but I did have to stop and boggle when you mentioned a
quilt. I have my A/C set at 78 F, and it can't keep up. It's around 80 F
in my house right now. I suspect it got near, if not over, 100F outside
here today.

Joy

Old July 11th 12, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
That Randy Guy

On 7/10/2012 7:12 PM, jmcquown wrote:

Jill

Go **** yourself you pathetic piece of ****

Old July 11th 12, 02:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jill, what did Persia's vet say? I know you had an appointment on Saturday,
and several of us would like to hear good news about the appointment.

MaryL

Old July 11th 12, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 19:12:12 -0400, "jmcquown"
wrote:
Persia likes to nap on the bed in the guest bedroom. (It's odd, she sleeps
on my bed at night but never during the day.) This afternoon I felt like
taking a nap, too, so I decided to join her. I turned on the ceiling fan,
pulled up a quilt, petted her and said I was going to take a nap. She
meowed at me. She put her paw on me and stared at me as if to ask, "What
are *you* doing in here?!" She kept her paw on me and just kept staring.
Then she started purring really loudly. And it wasn't a comfortable purr.
She was disconcerted because I've never joined her before on that bed. She
didn't know what to do. And apparently she lost touch with the Mothership.

You rocked her world! Persia pussums is really a creature of habit, isn't
she?
Old July 11th 12, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Joy" wrote in message
. ..
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, it's been very hot here, too. So the quilt is hard to explain, Joy. I
keep the A/C set at 71F when it's hot. I might set it to 73F in the winter.
I can't stand heat. But I like some sort of throw over me when I sleep. We
aren't talking about a big, fluffy, heavy quilt. Just a cotton quilt. And
I usually kick it off. Just like I kick away the sheets and the (woven
cotton) blanket during the night when I'm in my bed.

When I got here my parents kept the thermostat set at 80F degrees, year
round. It was too friggin HOT. I'd only packed winter clothing because it
was... winter! I was sweltering. I needed shorts and tank tops. in
December! I had to open windows in the bedroom, run the ceiling fan and
bring in a separate table fan just so it was cool enough for me to sleep.
I'm a big fan of the room being cold room when I'm asleep.

Jill

Old July 11th 12, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message
. ..
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I agree with you about a cold room and something over me when I sleep. If
it's too warm for opening the windows to cool the bedroom off, I turn the
A/C down at night.

I cold weather, I have the heat set at 73 during the day, and turn it down
to 65 at night.

Joy

Old July 11th 12, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

Poor Persia, cats really don't like changes.
--
Adrian

All shook up EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) Cat anecdotes 1 December 20th 05 07:18 PM
All shook up Shiral Cat anecdotes 0 December 18th 05 08:43 AM
All shook up jmcquown Cat anecdotes 0 December 18th 05 08:38 AM
All shook up Marina Cat anecdotes 0 December 18th 05 05:20 AM
All shook up Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 0 December 18th 05 05:03 AM