Purrs for a cat in a large doggy suit

Old August 21st 08, 08:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Purrs for a cat in a large doggy suit

Fluffy is a cat. She *knows* she's a cat. Just that she barks when visitors
come around rather than hissing, and wags her tail when she's happy rather
than angry, and has lost her dignity somewhere, and doesn't seem to be able
as well as the other cats, but she's really a cat in her heart of hearts,
honest.

And she has to go to TED tomorrow morning. One of her gorgeous velvety
floppy ears has inexplicably filled with fluid, and is causing her pain. I
fear that its not something simple as getting her floppy ears bent a bit too
far back, and its something far more sinister that will take her away,
because it only just occured to me she's now 10 or so, and thats an old lady
in doggy terms, particular the bigger breeds (she's a cross between a border
collie and an Australian Cattledog).

She's never had any health problems except an allergy to fleas for all the
time we've had her. And I don't want to lose her now. I'm probably just
totally paranoid, but, well, you know how I feel. Fearful of a diagnosis
that I don't want to hear.

Purrs, tail wags and drool would be welcome.

Yowie
--
"because its more fun to be evil" - Jarppi, _The Dudesons_

Old August 21st 08, 08:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tish

I suspect, from your description, she has the equivalent of a bruise
between the two bits of skin that make up her ear - a haematoma. It
is fairly common in floppy-eared dogs - our old lab x had one. If it
is the case, the vet will drain the blood and stitch the ear together
(some use buttons to keep the two layers of skin close so there is no
cavity between the layers). Fluffy will probably have to be on
antibiotics for a while and may need a collar to stop her annoying her
ear.

Easily fixed and unlikely to re-occur as long as it is repaired
correctly.

From what I understand, it is usually caused by the dog shaking their
head violently from side to side.

No way is Fluffy 10 - she CAN'T be! We've only been in Sydney 5 years
and she was but a youngster when we arrived!

Caveat: I'm not a vet, nor a vet tech; I've just had a dog before with
a similar problem.

Tish

Old August 21st 08, 01:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Yowie wrote:
[...]

Purrs on the way for Fluffy's visit to TED.

Jill
Old August 21st 08, 01:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Purrs, tail wags and drool would be welcome.

Yowie

We are sending our best.

Dan
Old August 21st 08, 02:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Yowie wrote:

Purrs, tail wags and drool would be welcome.

Well the Furballs don't wag their tails much and they would never drool so
they say they'll just purr extra for all to be well

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old August 21st 08, 02:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Purrs and prayers and everything else you
asked for coming from us for Fluffy's well-
being. She's been part of RPCA for all these
years! We love her as much as you do.

Lily & her mama

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

from the stars we come
to the stars we return
from now until the end of time.

Old August 21st 08, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 21, 3:21*am, "Yowie" wrote:
[...]

Bear is wagging his tail and drooling as we all wish Fluffy the best,
each in our own way. I think Tish is very likely right about what is
wrong and it would be very nice if it is that simple. And, of coursre,
it would be really bad for Fluffy's dignity if she had _buttons_ in
her ears. Border Collie crosses are wonderful dogs.

--
Will in New Haven
Old August 21st 08, 02:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Yowie wrote:
snip
Purrs, tail wags and drool would be welcome.

Yowie

Purrs on the way for Fluffy.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 21st 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Yowie wrote:

Purrs, tail wags and drool would be welcome.

Lots of purrs on the way. I sincerely hope it's nothing serious.

Old August 21st 08, 04:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Purrs on the way.

--
Ann