OT - Going to New Orleans

Old May 22nd 09, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatEyes

Default OT - Going to New Orleans

Please wish me luck - I'm going to need it. We're driving down to New
Orleans this Saturday - a 7 or 8 hour drive. At least we don't have to take
the truck since Ben used some of his separation package money to buy a 1999
Buick LeSaber - it's not nearly as bouncy as the truck. Still, any type of
driving is hard on my neck and I'm worried that once I get down there I
won't be good for anything. But by the gawds, even if I have to force
myself through the pain, I'm going to do some fun things with Brooke and her
sisters if it kills me! She's been through so much that I hate even
thinking about my problems. I can't wait to see her and put my arms around
her - sometimes the inability to do that is like a physical ache!

Of course, I'm not looking forward to the drive back, either - because of
the pain, but also because my neurosurgeon has ordered a CT Myelogram for
next Friday. The thought of a needle stuck into my spine, injecting iodine
(to which I'm allergic), then tiling me up and down to spread it around...
well, that just isn't all that exciting for some reason! ;

Extended purrs for anyone, furry or non-, who needs them next week.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 22nd 09, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

CatEyes wrote:
[...]

Purrs on the way.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old May 22nd 09, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

Have a great trip and quality time with your family. Question, why is your
doctor injecting you with something you're allergic to? Can't he be held
accountable if you have a critical or worse reaction?
Any way, good luck with that, too CN. See ya when you get back.

Cheryl

Old May 22nd 09, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatEyes

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Have a great trip and quality time with your family. Question, why is
your doctor injecting you with something you're allergic to? Can't he be
held accountable if you have a critical or worse reaction?
Any way, good luck with that, too CN. See ya when you get back.

They need the "contrast" to see where the nerve is being pinched (assuming
that the nerve hasn't been permanently damaged, which is what they said at
first when the surgery didn't work - I think they changed that opinion
because the pain kept getting *worse* instead of staying the same). He's
giving me *tons* of medication to take before the test to counteract my
allergy, so it will probably be all right, but it's just a bit unnerving to
have something you're allergic to injected into your *spine*! ; The
upshot of the test will probably mean having another surgery and I'm also
extremely leery about that as well - but they already know that the bones
haven't fused so that's probably a reason for more surgery in and of itself.
As scared as I am of more spinal surgery, what I'm even more afraid of is my
bosses getting fed up with all the time I'm having to take off work and
getting my butt fired. I know they're not supposed to be able to fire you
for stuff like this, but Texas is a "right to work" state and they can
pretty much fire you for anything they want.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 22nd 09, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On May 22, 2:37*pm, "CatEyes" wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message

[...]

You really do need to tell them you are allergic to Iodine. Not sure
if there are other options to be used, but I'm hoping there are.

http://www.webmd.com/back-pain/myelogram-16147

Smokie Darling (Annie)
Old May 23rd 09, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"CatEyes" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs for a safe and reasonably comfortable trip, a wonderful visit with
Brooke, a good trip back, no complications and a positive outcome to the
tests.

Joy

Old May 23rd 09, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On May 22, 1:44*pm, "Smokie Darling (Annie)"
wrote:

You really do need to tell them you are allergic to Iodine. *Not sure
if there are other options to be used, but I'm hoping there are.

There are now loads of contrast media although I'd ask someone like
Hopitus about this but surely they can use something else!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old May 25th 09, 07:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"CatEyes" wrote in message

They need the "contrast" to see where the nerve is being pinched (assuming
that the nerve hasn't been permanently damaged, which is what they said at
first when the surgery didn't work - I think they changed that opinion
because the pain kept getting *worse* instead of staying the same). He's
giving me *tons* of medication to take before the test to counteract my
allergy, so it will probably be all right, but it's just a bit unnerving
to have something you're allergic to injected into your *spine*! ;
Hugs,

CatNipped

What type of allergic reaction do you get? As others have said, there are
other types of contrast media?

MaryL