Isabelle is picking on Tiggy

Old November 25th 03, 11:46 AM
Wendy

"Karen" wrote in message
in article , Karen M. at
wrote on 11/24/03 9:59 PM:

Cheryl wrote:

In ,
PawsForThought composed with style:

On the other hand, doesn't it teach the aggressive cat that when he
acts aggressively towards the other cat that he gets rewarded with
treats and/or play? I am having a problem with my cats. I have a
brother and sister who for the most part get along great. They
sleep together and play together. But at times the brother will
pick on the sister, biting her and acting very aggressive. She
howls like crazy in response. No blood is ever shed thankfully.
So what do you think is the best response I can make when they are
fighting like that? I've tried the distraction method but it only
works temporarily.

Ah, the age old question. Today I came home and my house was like
"Fight Club". For the most part my 3 get along ok but poor Shadow,
because of his docile nature, takes the brunt of some chases.
Starting in the last couple of days, Shamrock and Bonnie were more
aggressive than usual which ends up with everyone throwing punches,
including Shadow. He's bopped 'em both on the head a few times and
while I'm glad to see him sticking up for himself, I wondered why all
the aggression lately? Shamrock will walk up to either other cat and
just throw a punch seemingly for no reason! Today it dawned on me.
The Feliway diffuser is empty. I wonder if they get addicted to it,
or if all hell would break loose all the time if there was no such
thing? I sprayed a few spots hoping it can wait until I can get to
the store for a refill.

Cheryl, you're a drug dealer!! LOL!

That happens here too. Increased agression and the Feliway is usually almost
empty or empty. Wierd, but obviously effective.

Karen

Wonder if the feliway is actually delaying the cats learning to deal with
one another. Left to their own devices (with the appropriate intervention),
cats will eventually establish an equilibriem.

Wendy

Old November 25th 03, 11:46 AM
Wendy

"Karen" wrote in message
in article , Karen M. at

Old November 26th 03, 12:18 AM
Cheryl

In ,
Wendy composed with style:

Wonder if the feliway is actually delaying the cats learning to
deal with one another. Left to their own devices (with the
appropriate intervention), cats will eventually establish an
equilibriem.

Seeing my cats behavior after the diffuser runs empty for a few days I
too wonder what it is doing to them. This is twice now that it
completely ran dry and there was a few days before I got a
replacement. Both with the same resulting behavior.

Old November 26th 03, 12:18 AM
Cheryl

In ,
Wendy composed with style: