My only Christmas decoration so far (not OT)

Old December 18th 14, 10:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default My only Christmas decoration so far (not OT)

"Cheryl" wrote in message
b.com...

On 12/16/2014 4:07 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:

Hmm. although I love cats, I am not in agreement with putting a
kitten in the manger that is so important to Christians at this time.
sorry. Doesn't matter to me much but my family would be horrified.
Bad taste.

My little music-box has the entire holy family as cats. I can't imagine
anyone objecting, but then I'm not all that ultra-religious. (I
certainly admire the Pope for telling that grieving little boy that he
would see his dog again in Heaven - that all God's creatures are welcome
there.)

I'm agnostic these days (raised Catholic) but to me cats representing
the nativity scene isn't religious nor is it supposed to be, at least to
me. And I thought the kitten in the manger is adorable. It is just
whimsical.

ღ.¸¸.✫*¨`*✶
Cheryl

~~~~~~~~~
I agree. I am Presbyterian, and the cats representing the nativity scene
does not disturb me. I do not think the cats are intended to replace
religious symbols, and they are a loveable addition to seasonal decorations.
I have also seen cat figurines with angel wings, and I feel the same way
about them.

MaryL

Old December 18th 14, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jack Campin wrote:
(I certainly admire the Pope for telling that grieving little
boy that he would see his dog again in Heaven - that all God's
creatures are welcome there.)

I always wondered about that myself and am glad to have the offical
word that pets are welcome.

I don't believe the Pope is allowed to make up theological doctrine
on the hoof like that.

Actually, I think he IS - at any rate his interpretation is regarded as
infallibly correct.
Old December 18th 14, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Joy
wrote:
On 12/17/2014 8:11 AM, dgk wrote:
On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 14:07:34 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:

Hmm. although I love cats, I am not in agreement with putting a
kitten in the manger that is so important to Christians at this
time. sorry. Doesn't matter to me much but my family would be
horrified. Bad taste.

My little music-box has the entire holy family as cats. I can't
imagine anyone objecting, but then I'm not all that ultra-religious.
(I certainly admire the Pope for telling that grieving little boy
that he would see his dog again in Heaven - that all God's creatures
are welcome there.)
I always wondered about that myself and am glad to have the offical
word that pets are welcome. I wonder if the cats behave badly in
heaven?

I'll bet they do. As far as I'm concerned, if there are no animals in
heaven, I don't want to go there.

Joy

Neither do I. Although I do hope Gods got a sense of humour or I'm in
trouble anyway.

Judith

If you doubt that He does, take a good look at some of His creations!

Old December 18th 14, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

On 2014-12-18 4:28 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Jack Campin wrote:
(I certainly admire the Pope for telling that grieving little
boy that he would see his dog again in Heaven - that all God's
creatures are welcome there.)
I always wondered about that myself and am glad to have the offical
word that pets are welcome.

I don't believe the Pope is allowed to make up theological doctrine
on the hoof like that.

Actually, I think he IS - at any rate his interpretation is regarded as
infallibly correct.

Only if he's speaking ex cathedra, that is, making a solemn and official
statement on doctrine. I think it's happened only once since the
doctrine of papal infallibility was accepted, which wasn't that long
ago, given the length of the history of the Catholic church. Popes can
express their personal opinions or speculations on doctrine casually
without being infallible - although generally I think they're pretty
careful what they say, probably because some people might think that
everything is infallible.

--
Cheryl