One week and 3 days after introduction - more advice?

Old November 24th 03, 10:25 PM
Danathar

I can see your point...but somehow I don't think my older brother is
going to be warm to the idea of taking a door off it's hinges But
you never know...I'll ask anyhow!

thanks!

-Doug

wrote in message ...
It just kills me that when I have to work
and my roommate is gone for 3 or 4 days
(he is a pilot for a major airline) that I
have to close both doors because I know
Marigold will try to jump the gate when
Whiskers and I are not looking!

Why not replace the door temporarily with a screen door? You can get
wooden ones for about $20. If you can't find one, it's easy to build
one. I have built two in the past two weeks for people that are doing
new cat introductions and it only took about an hour and a half. All you
need is 1 x 3's, 4 L-shaped brackets, wood screws, aluminum screen,
molding to cover the edges of the screen, a staple gun, two cheap door
handles and a hook and eye to keep it from being opened. I use the top
and bottom hinges that are on the existing door (you don't need the
middle one) and then screw them on the edge of the wood and just use the
top and bottom screws, leaving the middle screw out as the plate is
wider than the wood. I made sure to hang the door so it has at least
enough space at the bottom that you can slide a plate under it and the
cats can put its paws under the door. I pre-measured everything and went
to Home Depot and had the wood and molding cut there, so all I had to do
was assemble everything.
Either way, a screen door is a better option for you than a baby gate.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing