Sally Forth Comic Strip

Old June 5th 05, 06:21 PM
Philip

Rhonda ... when was the last time somebody said they were crazy about you?

Rhonda wrote:
BBB, I'm sensitive about what people call "crazy" in the mental health
department, because I've done lots of reading about it, trying to help
someone I know. It's very hard for me to hear people generically use
that word when talking about certain conditions, because that's the
stigma out there. It's so much more complicated.

And now, that's enough out of me, because we are way, way off topic.

Rhonda

bigbadbarry wrote:

and, besides we're all crazy! didn't you ever see "One Flew Over The
Coo Coo's Nest?"

I could probably stand a bottle of something strong myself!

but I meant no ill towards anyone, MAY the God of peace rule that
one's mind.

and if it's of any conseqeunce; I myself have suffered in this world;
more than just a little bit; sumtimes ya'll -- my burdens get -- a
little heavy.

Happy Sunday Morning!

Bo-barry

Old June 5th 05, 06:28 PM
Rhonda

Philip,

Ummm, yesterday?

How you use the word crazy is a fine line, whether you use it
generically and mostly inoffensively, or whether you add to the stigma
of certain mental illnesses.

Rhonda

Old June 5th 05, 06:34 PM
Philip

Well ... if somebody says they are crazy about you, do you stop and educate
them to *your* sensitivities or do you take the compliment? Maybe something
else? I think you're showing signs of job stress. I heard your same
concerns fifty years ago ... and those who crusaded against the world around
them found they were part of a very very small world. Yes, people with your
circle should be more on guard but the rest of us unwashed ... don't have
and don't care to have such clinical sensibilities. Remember ... if you're
in the mental profession, it is YOU who are closer to being actually crazy.
Otherwise you would have gone into another line of work or interest. ;^)

Old June 5th 05, 06:52 PM
Rhonda

Philip wrote:

Well ... if somebody says they are crazy about you, do you stop and educate
them to *your* sensitivities or do you take the compliment? Maybe something
else?

The compliment is not offensive, no education needed.

I think you're showing signs of job stress. I heard your same
concerns fifty years ago ... and those who crusaded against the world around
them found they were part of a very very small world. Yes, people with your
circle should be more on guard but the rest of us unwashed ...

Hmm, so you're putting me in the "washed" circle? I've never been
pigeoned-holed that way, but okay. I think you carry some baggage,
Philip, but we all do.

don't have
and don't care to have such clinical sensibilities. Remember ... if you're
in the mental profession, it is YOU who are closer to being actually crazy.
Otherwise you would have gone into another line of work or interest. ;^)

I'm not in the mental profession, if that's what you think. Maybe I
should go into it, huh?

Tah tah, Philip. Sorry you don't understand my initial point, but it
doesn't matter. This is a cat group anyway.

Rhonda

Old June 5th 05, 07:15 PM
Mary

"Rhonda" wrote in message
Philip,

Ummm, yesterday?

How you use the word crazy is a fine line, whether you use it
generically and mostly inoffensively, or whether you add to the stigma
of certain mental illnesses.

Rhonda

For Philip, any issue concerning a woman's value revolves
around a man's dick. Have you noticed that?

Old June 5th 05, 08:18 PM
Catnipped

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
oups.com...

Rhonda wrote:

--
Barry

... Women and cats are both black at night. - Bosnia ...

and, besides we're all crazy! didn't you ever see "One Flew Over The
Coo Coo's Nest?"

I could probably stand a bottle of something strong myself!

but I meant no ill towards anyone, MAY the God of peace rule that one's
mind.

and if it's of any conseqeunce; I myself have suffered in this world;
more than just a little bit; sumtimes ya'll -- my burdens get -- a
little heavy.

Happy Sunday Morning!

Bo-barry

Barry, Barry, Bo-Barry,
Banana, Fanna Fo-Farry
Fee, Fie, Fo-Farry
Barry!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 5th 05, 08:21 PM
Rhonda

Guess I haven't been paying that close of attention, and I can tell you
I definitely won't from now on!

Rhonda

Old June 5th 05, 08:26 PM
bigbadbarry

Catnipped wrote:

Bo-barry

Barry, Barry, Bo-Barry,
Banana, Fanna Fo-Farry
Fee, Fie, Fo-Farry
Barry!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Me thinks someone has been rolling in the catnip again

Old June 5th 05, 09:23 PM
Catnipped

Catnipped wrote:

Bo-barry

Barry, Barry, Bo-Barry,
Banana, Fanna Fo-Farry
Fee, Fie, Fo-Farry
Barry!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Me thinks someone has been rolling in the catnip again

Dude! Pass the tuna - and quit bogeying the 'nip!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 5th 05, 11:53 PM
bigbadbarry

Catnipped wrote:

Dude! Pass the tuna - and quit bogeying the 'nip!

Hugs,

CatNipped

There's none left Marys done bee boed it from me